Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. ESONE.

ESONE. Senior Member

old September spagetti

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

2. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

My 10th Year and 300th Piece.
    Yes, I keep count :)

ascontent.fbey6_1.fna.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_52134259_2301792849847c887635ab84120cae77f5b856996d21.jpg

3. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

Just a sketch for my post thought or crits would be nice

20190212_203528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2019
  4. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

tell you what elbow
    it ain't ethical for me to reverse another mod's decision, but I'll ask about it.
    let me just stash this for minute and will get back at you :)

5. ElbowMacK187

Thanks man and I understand dont get your self into some ish for me lol haha

6. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

dumbass mods how theyre gonna delete elbo shit when he got some decent structure but leave tuke wack ass bars on here

on another note soI DDRT that's some dope shit id buy that shit if the price is right

7. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

Shots fired.

they delete the pieces?

weird if that's the case, i think Lboe has good pieces.

but wtf would i know, i can't piece.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  8. ElbowMacK187

Thanks guys much love
    Here's a pic for the talking

20190213_184417.jpg

9. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

lol look at this dude going like tuke's bars are wack
    you are new to this.. "graffiti" thing, yes?

10. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

i've got some fans i see..

11. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

anybody who posts 5 sketches of the same shit incomplete in this thread is gonna be deleted. ESPECIALLY if its weak. I get the community here isnt very big anymore, and the quality of shit posted in this thread has gone waaaaaaaaay down. This is the way shit is run though.

tukes has clean lines and a simple style. the y is shitty, and his 3d got a little screwy, but its better than a lot of stuff he's tried to post in here, and do you see him bitching about all the shit of his I have deleted? no.

check the elbo sketch. I get it pesk, he's your boy, but look at it. the background? the character? the letters? trying to add a bunch of arrows and extensions doesnt make a piece better. Even If you are trying to be satirical or ironic about the use of arrows in a sketch, you can still make your extensions have flow and not look extremely forced, which is a reason why someone would be considered intermediate.

12. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

its nothing personal ma dude I just believe elbo has better structure than u and from what I hear his shit keeps getting deleted while those ugly ass Rs of urs tuke floats around in the intermediate thread..
    Its not a matter of if his my boy or not .. set aside the background and extensions yeah his lines are sloppy and its not the best style but if u want to delete someone then tukes "R" is the biggest candidate on this page but I get it hes ur boy..

really? tukes "R" is not wack?? ur obviously still high on heroine take a good look again when u sober up..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  13. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

Lol I have no friends here. Tuke can eat a dick.

"set aside his lines and background" which is half the garbage on that page, okay. "its not the best style" okay. So we are in agreement that its not intermediate.

If the gripe is why is tuke staying and elbo isnt, then I am more than happy to send em both back to the toy thread. And to be clear, a year ago neither of them would be in this thread. But the lack of posting, and the abundance of butthurtness around this site these days, a lot of shit is getting through the cracks and not being deleted.

How about I just start a thread, with no skill requirement. Where we can all talk, post pics of whatever kind of sketches you want, give crits, and we can all be happy and shed all the bullshit crying about deletion.

how does that sound yall?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2019
  14. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

I agree both back to the toy thread..

15. ElbowMacK187

I shall stay in the toy thread and thanks guys I won't post incomplete shit only fully finished . All the arrow were a joke tho and perpuusly forced I thought the letter with out the arrows wore pretty good and flowed nice like the el being the b backwards the o was a bit forced .And I though my lines have improved alot but that's cool thanks for all the words of "advice " . Im off to go draw my toy letters . And toy backgrounds

16. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Lol all the talk. Just post flick, stop bitching and repeat. Simple.

17. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

I'm gonna have to disagree

firstly with whoever's still saying tuke's not intermediate worthy... you need to lower your fucking expectations for the INTER thread in the TOY forum. you want high level pro shit, go to the main picture forum.

secondly, I think elbow's in the right place here. He, like the rest of us in this thread, are beginners and working our way to getting good.
    One look at his sketch and you can clearly see there's massive effort being put into his letters. Let's not kid ourselves, this isn't about the background (lol @ whoever's making that argument) this isn't about cleanliness, or colors or whatever. All this shit gets pro'ed in a month or two. Letters take time and are the main judging parameter when deciding if someone's intermediate or not.

I say elbow belongs here as he is clearly demonstrating letter understanding, practice and effort into getting better.. he's trying to get creative early with his extensions and structure and whatnot (which is a sign of future greatness, but too early for it nonetheless)

Anyway, elbow, please stop posting unfinished shit.

Here's a photo of the kind of shit I'd consider toy and not-intermediate-worthy, vs Elbow's work.
    Let's just look at the science in there:

absciforums.s3.amazonaws.com_2016_12_254570_00cdbaa1c7db3bbd860418a1763b93ce.jpg

This^ doesn't belong here. it's totally toy.
    Elbow does. coz it's also toy (like us all in here) BUT Intermediate.
    get it?

Let's move on please.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  18. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Thanks for this! Problem is that intermediate is relative to each individual. But hey im not here to stir negativity it's only a internet forum that unfortunately has died down a bit. That obviously has lead to a decline in skill. If the toy shit gets deleted take it as fuel to improve!

19. ElbowMacK187

I'd rather be the garbage man at least I know were the garbage is

These were scraps . It was a peace of 3/8 flat stock that I welding about 1/4 inch thicker and half inch wide letters . Then I cut around the weld with a torch . Then welded it to a peace of 1/16 gauge so it would stand up the thing above the E is a light pole made out of a Carter pin and a plasma cutter tip . The bolts on the ground are ment to be tires and the other shit is trash .
    IMG_20190219_122308_901.jpg

Edit some better lighted pics so you can make out the depth also might help those lacking with Shines ,3d And lighting .
    Myself included

20190219_154606.jpg

20190219_154552.jpg

20190219_154520.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  20. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

now that's dope!

in keeping with the metallic theme, here's a chromie with the homie from another crew... mie??

photoshopped: highlights (because they can't be seen on the chrome), dark highlights (because I forgot to add them to the actual wall), and overall grayscale filter on the whole photo (minus the colored 3D)

now my question is this: had I not mentioned that stuff, would you still have figured out what was 'shopped and what wasn't? in other words, is my 'shopping convincing/realistic? trying to get a job in the field and looking for opinions...

ascontent.fbey6_1.fna.fbcdn.net_v_t1.0_9_52368327_231527074849b583d14be6ded40a92f4d3d562112291.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019