Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

2. YeSnOmAyBe

YeSnOmAyBe Member

a little bit of reffer and a little bit of fuck the fame's insparation and i got a little wild on my self

ps tips on how to fill it would help me:)

Attached Files:

3. fromthegrave

fromthegrave Senior Member

redz- getting better, hit me up sometime and we can get together and have a bb sesh sometime

ai51.tinypic.com_2cf347o.jpg
    latest

4. YeSnOmAyBe

YeSnOmAyBe Member

that shit looks tasty :)

5. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Toy thread, most of the things on this page... :| damn, what happened to this site?

Noes, Herste, and Tyler can stay.. The rest of these pieces need some reworking. Keep working, though, guys.

6. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

this thread = toy ego boost

7. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

No, this thread = too many people come in like that and try to tell everyone who is up to their standards or not. Either give crits, post your shit, or delete my shit if you're a mod. Other than that you aren't helping much.

8. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

9. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

View attachment 593563

View attachment 593564

View attachment 593565

View attachment 593566

View attachment 593567

View attachment 593568

View attachment 593569

new to old.

reds: im feelin it, the big kick on the leg of the R makes the top of the r look small which in essense makes the whole thing look small compared to your other letters. Your E is too hidden by your R and your D. that extension that connects the middle of the D to the bottom of the S kinda throws off the D. and the S seems bigger then your other letters. most of the these problems are due to flow since your R is leaning back, and your S is standing firm (if you were to push it, it wouldn't move? best way i can describe it)

noes: it's been mentioned in another thread but you forgot a lil bit of 3-d. you know where.

mone: that zewl exchange. the Z is weird compared to the other letters bc the bar connecting to the top gets really skinny and the top is so big that it looks like it wouldn't support the letter and it would come crashing down ( some times i think of letters as building) Also the E and W flow pretty well (imo) but the L looks weird bc you did that zig zag thing on it, maybe make it more wiggly?

yes: work on simples. alot. and go to the toy bb forum. on the simple it looks like you kinda know what you are doing bc you tried to flow the y and e but you made the mistake of having alot of negative space. i like the fact that you are trying to get a little creative with the K but don't loose the structure of the letter bc i couldn't tell that the K was a K.

ps. crits for crits is how it works.

10. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Not sure which excactly you want criticism on... so i chose the bottom one. First of all i love how each letter gets bigger as they go futher alot. Something about the A seems out of place to me... on the middle bridge of the A its really thin but theres a middle part of each of the letters that are just normal bars if you look along the line in which the bridge is on. I dont necesarrily think you need those extensions on the S and E either. I like the idea of symettary thats coming off the top of each letter to that it flows and the curves on the bottom of each letter but the a and s seem out of place at the top part where it darts off towards the left. I cannot explain full what it is but the A just seems like it needs worked alittle bit to fit in... The cracks are a work well in most places but the cracks on the S seem to irritate me (I'm being very nit picky here its my first crits ive gave in ages)
    You've certainly got the letter structures down in all sketches its just adding that style that you need to work on mainly... well i mean like master extension placements and where they come out of etc... your definately on the right lines and i can see a good style coming out of it... you've got different perspectives aswell in your pieces which gives a bit of variety so that's good going.

My last sketch before my return just so flicks keep coming: ai53.tinypic.com_2ztepeq.gif

11. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

I haven't posted any of my shit in a quick minute. Here's a little bit of quick shit, I've been focusing more on real art instead of graffiti recently, so a lot of these aren't as good as my older shit. Plus, none of them are colored or finished. haha. I'll toss in a few sketches for fun, too. Photo 71.jpg Photo 77.jpg Photo 72.jpg Photo 73.jpg Photo 59.jpg Photo 68.jpg Photo 70.jpg Photo 75.jpg Photo 61.jpg Photo 27.jpg Photo 76.jpg

The Fatso throw is a name I came up with for some kid in the area. Before I get any shit, yes, I do know about Fatso the old school writer, and the newer Fatso. I just like the name, and the throw I did. haha.

12. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

ai937.photobucket.com_albums_ad220_Albinoethiopian07_1207102241a_1.jpg
    Brains your characters are pretty crazy... I like your piece you did near the bottom of the list

13. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

brains the top of your S's are usually fatter than the rest of your letters. make it thinner and it will balance it out

14. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  15. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Wtf is that^^^ lol

Mick Battle. w/Rewl
    ai937.photobucket.com_albums_ad220_Albinoethiopian07_Graffiti_1208101002_1.jpg

16. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

@Phillip

EXCHANGEEEEEEEEEE.

Hair.

I'll get your shit later on tonight.

17. lord_plankton

a sketch??
    mick, right bar of m doesnt fit, you should work ion proportions, K is too small, c is nice.

18. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

19. anarone

anarone Senior Member

Mogan thats the sort of style i love. The N could do with like a rounder part in it too fit with the other letters like the M and E both have one. I cannot really give crits its pretyy much about advancing that style man... Not sure how i can help with that but you'll try things and then we'll see where its at :D

20. lord_plankton