Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Shroomsh

Shroomsh Senior Member

flat, trust me, go simpler, a "wild" style is developed form a vast knowledge of letter construction, learnt from simple pieces, also you need to work on flow.

a new style for me, this is what a throw having sexual intercourse with a piece looks like, all based on simple letters btw

Attached Files:

2. mekosbc

mekosbc Senior Member

3. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

Ya i noticed that after i outlined it and everything so there wasnt much i could do, but it was finished alot quicker than normal so im not to upset

4. always crushin

always crushin Moderator

meko so ill thanks we'll have to exchange again sum time

5. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

6. mekosbc

mekosbc Senior Member

bottom pagebump

7. thatswhatshesaid

thatswhatshesaid Senior Member

meko your shits fire how you learn to paint that style its so fresh

8. Jiska Matos

Jiska Matos Senior Member

something new

Attached Files:

9. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

this is digital, I don't have enough time to sketch it, will be painting it on sunday for a graff competition about a Danish explorer who came to the arab world in 1761 called Carsten Niebuhr

[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...24036591_100000507545549_883728_3216749_n.jpg

it says
    Niebuhr : Respect, Dialogue, Curiosity

what do you guys think?
    PS: i might need your support in the voting hehe ;>

10. Jiska Matos

Jiska Matos Senior Member

nice work phat 2...i want to see the final result!

11. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

It looks arabic, but I can read it.. that's pretty dope.

12. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

That's pretty sick, Phat2.

Thanks for the criticism a few pages back guys. The girl is of Susan Coffey by the way. I think I need to add more shading/shadows to give her more definition. It's rather kind of light. But on the throw-up note; what is some tips you guys can throw my way? For some reason, I was never very good with handstyles or throwups. So any advice is appreciated.

13. mekosbc

mekosbc Senior Member

i just do me homie, and i add shit most ppl hate like bubbles, dots, random lines, and extentions... i dunno its my style i evolved from a siimple hand to this in a matter of a 2years.... i painted more then i sketched cuz i didnt have a computer with internet to be on forums and "learn the text book" graffiti chain... i met up with older writers in my area and they taught me the way the old school cats taught them... so thats why i say paint over and over again until you learn the certian techniques that you want.. and make your own style bars help me alot, as time goes on just keep addin little things here and there to your letter and it will change the whole look of your style and make it yours... other then that homie thats how i did it, now go try it and go write on some shit! B-D

14. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

word^ i never painted until about 2 and a half months ago, did before like here and there but i always stuck to the books cuz i never looked at graff in a serious way until now, but ya man its funny because i remember coming onto this site and everyone telling me "use bars" "go simpler" blah blah blah but really thats the way to do it, even though it takes others longer to develop there style than some but its all about repitition, doing it over and over and over, same with painting except painting is so much better than drawing in my opinion for graff but the best advice i ever got was from hoer and he told me you cant call something your style until you can freestyle that shit over and over like nothing and thats what i started doing, and it really was the best advice i got on here i would say

15. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

16. mekosbc

mekosbc Senior Member

thats how you gotta do it, i never sketch any thing befor i paint... i see dudes at my spot pull out sketchs and its like ugh...lol i dunno i was told never to bring a sketch just cuz if some shit goes down and you gotta be out on some PD and some how they catch you they cant prove which one you painted and you can just denie every thing like fuck.... i dunno man the forums are the COSMO of the graff world... its helps ppl get better but brain washes them into some boring ass style that every one has.

17. extinct

extinct Senior Member

word up meko... some people gotta get up get out an do somethin...
    i love sketchin to these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdeKTOyh8c&feature=related
    ye another unfinished piece... real rough but still... dont mind the throwies... im not good with sharpies
    View attachment 607879
    ye sear- everyone is sayin go simpler... kids in the toy blackbook are trollin guys with good letter form... go simpler means lose the add ons... learn what letters should look like and do it from there.... I started on here to get better... to lurk black book pics and to get a real opinion.... some people are born with style, others have to work for it.... im still workin on it

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  18. .KROWN.

.KROWN. Member

19. Lado

Lado Senior Member

Phat2's digital thing reminds me of Lupe's Street Smart cover; pretty cool

20. always crushin

always crushin Moderator