Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. ierkpeople

ierkpeople Member

2. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

vigostar - those characters are so crisp! blue one is super fresh,would look perfect on a wall.

emba - thats real clean man,i like that u have can control but why do you always do the teeth on your peices,its played out. That "e" is pretty awkward looking and that "a" can be confused with an "o"

acer - top one could have been cleaner,also id remove the extensions ,it looks wierd.

sear - that looks real clean man i dig it alot, only thing i would have liked to see is the "r" in the bottom shooting out like the bottom of ur "s" ,also the "e" could have been bigger,but still i know its all freestyle,stay up.

erak - the "k looks good,but the "e" doesnt look good with that extension,that "r" looks like a lettr "b" and that "a" is wack.color combo is on point

[Broken External Image]:http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/6181/scan0009da.jpg

3. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  4. paintfaceVT

paintfaceVT Senior Member

Screen shot 2011-08-27 at 11.51.56 PM.jpg finishing it up tomorrow, just a preview.

5. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

Lookin nice, what i think would look nice with you letters is thicker outlines, and it'll make it cleaner

6. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

that's ace man.
    my 2 cents: her left hand is too fat for a girl. the size is ok, just the thickness needs to be reduced a bit, they kinda look like man hands.
    something in her upper torso doesn't feel right.. her trapeze or neck, it's just too big, and her boobs are too small, or the angle in which her torso is facing, doesn't match how far her arm is pushed back, if her body is facing straight to the right (as suggested by the absence of her other boob), her right shoulder is supposed to be moved closer to her boob, if you know what i mean.
    and finally, I would go easy on those muscle details, imo they make her arms look like granny's boney arms. a smooth surface would've been much better if you ask me. but it might just be a personal preference

7. thepekins

thepekins Guest

posted this in the markers thread, wondering if any of the intermediate fellas got advice

Im refilling my K-66 and Grog Metal Heads with Junobo paint. I refilled one of my metal heads already but it wasnt cleaned well enough and the shit got all gunked up. I managed to salvage that marker and its flowing ok after scraping the stuff out but Im wondering what I should do to clean my K-66 and my other metal head so that the same thing doesnt happen. I always have problems with not getting my markers clean enough before refilling them with different types of paint. any tips?

yo phat please dont delete this man even though its off topic

8. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

24.jpg
    I'm going to flip shit if you move my picture to the toy books. Little doodle from the other day. Smoking Lungs.

9. kringe

kringe Senior Member

That M though....
    I wanna see some real sketches from you brah, i love your style.

Oh and Sear, I was gonna suggest the opposite of what you said to you. Try some thinner outlines.

10. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

I don't really do "real sketches"... Give me a word to do, I'm fucking bored with my name.

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  12. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

13. PETER

PETER Elite Member

BLACKT.jpg paint marker freestyle up for discussion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  14. sema

sema Senior Member

peter id take that same piece and same porportions n just do it bigger the paint marker inline will look alot smoother and the fill in the second leg of the k i would keep it with the other block fill format up n down stead of left to right ( if u have any idea wat i mean by that) good shit tho

15. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

correct about it all Phat, thanks for the crits...

16. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Sema: I am tracking. I'll do up another one bigger. I am thinking about trying to paint it. What advise do you have about a possible 3d for this or should I leave it? Maybe a background.... Color suggestions?

17. sema

sema Senior Member

i would to a middl down vanishin poin to kill dead space or a 2d drop shadow would work well with it. personally id use a ilme or light green(or hot pink) shell forcefield stamp watever phrase they use around you

18. PETER

PETER Elite Member

I've got a lime green I was thinking about and I like the drop shadow idea.

19. 603Bombsquad

603Bombsquad Senior Member

Sear.
    your shits lookin tight but your "r" is the same shit repo (repa) and Jro do . You gotta switch that shit up. Other than that, mad clean

20. extinct

extinct Senior Member

That piece you posted ain't bad... Ribcage I want to see that finished.... Antik make it bigger... Sear... The piece doesn't look straight... Um who else... Paintface lookin good