Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

why dont you go give crits to peter in the tot blackbook thread where he belongs? Just because you post in here doesnt mean your forbidden to post in there

2. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yo it's cool you guys shouldn't be bustin on peter so hard. obviously, his shit's considered intermediate, or else mogan would've taken it out of this thread ;)

3. PETER

PETER Elite Member

And this is why I have had nothing to say on the matter. The last one is one I did years ago. I haven't been taking my art seriously for years and wanted to get back into and start with simple letters with decent shape and build from there. I've calmed down a lot since I was young and my art reflects that. I live a much more structured and organized life. (Thank you Army) I still don't take it all that serious, I just find that it keeps me from drinking and going crazy (thank you PTSD). If anyone cares to take a look at a small sample of my work from highschool throuh 2009. Some of what I could find anyway.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/antik_1/with/3214510716/

4. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

Peter I would'nt say your intermediate cuz back in the day when this thread was first started I had more structure going then you and my shit wasnt flying then, so why should it now.
    Just because the rate of decent people on here went down dramatically, doesnt mean the standards should be lowered.
    But Peter I aint hatin' dont get me wrong, you've got structure in there, just VERY simple and boring, but thats just because your finally understanding the concept of structure, to save you alot of time, dont listen to the bullshit kids tell you about bars here, i mean use bars but they dont all have to be the same width and shit, the point of graff is being creative, not being what the next man wants to see, cuz not everyone will like your style.

5. PETER

PETER Elite Member

no doubt. I figured if the mods moved it then cool, but I didn't get sponsors playing paintball by playing kids who sucked, or soldier of the year in my unit by haning with the slackers, or a residency at a club by djing top 40 bull shit. I looked forward and pushed myself. The letters are boring, but that was the point. I'm damn near 30 years old and don't give a fuck, all this is for me is a way self medicate with out the medication and hopefully get some pointers and inspiration to keep me going. I'm not out painting walls trying to make a name for myself. It's a felony here and I hold a security clearance and losing that would kill my career not to mention it's all bs anyway. I will never be a meks/augor/insert name here and I'm ok with that, but it's all about having fun etc.

6. ribcage

ribcage Banned

Its not about having fun... this isnt little league. Doesnt mean you cant have fun doing it...

7. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb420_knowledgebornwisdom_102_4392.jpg
    sum watnot, ill post my rr piece after the battle goes up.

kasc- toy bb thread yo, keep it simple tho mang
    peter- keep doin ya thang man, just work wit ur letters a lil more, u def got the right idea tho
    and i thought this thread was for crits, for intermediate nigghas, there def is a step between toy and experienced nah mean. peace

8. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Diggin the hell out of this piece. That A is sharp. I like the tiny y. Only question is is that an R or B, either way it looks damn good. If it's a B I would suggest taking a tiny bit out to make it a little more clear. Cant wait to see it with some color. I just love when people who have little to no letter structure and can't even grasp the basic concept of a single point perspective try to tell people what to do. Thanks man I have a few ideas to work on this weekend when I have some free time. Stay up and stay sharp.

edit. just noticed, I don't know if you can at this point.... but the 3d at the top E next the Y is going off at a crazy angle to the rest, but if you can fix it up and you're on point.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011
  9. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

seyar you should do something about the top of the S

10. sema

sema Senior Member

had to bump this kid too funny
    =seyar that sketch is dope bro
    -sneaker i dont really care for any of them just my op.

11. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Sneak: work on your handstyle. You certainly have potential and seem to take your time. I like that Megan and it looks like ISC. I would try that ISC again, just make the S have slightly sharper edges like the C. On the ROBA your 3d is all over the place but looks good on the rest. This is very much a personal preferance, but the faces in leters is over done and almost always very badly. I would stear clear of it untill you have something more unique and grimy. They look a little kiddish. The Angel with the horns is cute. I did something similar back in the day.... maybe stick a pitch fork in the background.... or leaning against a letter.... or a tiny little demon sitting on the chunk by the A.

12. Edward"Sezer"Hands

Edward"Sezer"Hands Elite Member

13. LOPe_GCI

LOPe_GCI Senior Member

havent sketched or painted anything in a long time. tryin to shake off the dust
    perts0011.jpg
    lope001.jpg
    lope002.jpg
    lope006.jpg

14. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

tofe, dont crowd your letters so much. keep your bars consistant. for example; if youre gonna have, persay, the bottom of your O thinner than the rest of it then make sure you balance out that bar with the same width for a bar on another letter. [i.e middle bar of E] get what im sayin?

paintface. lose the spinal bar on the E, it constricts flow and makes an otherwise good E look lousy. your letters are a bit crowded [the U n particular] and the individual letters dont have too much flow to em. your working with bars and puttin em together rather than making a letter and putting it with a piece. move on from doing that. i wouldnt suggest doing the flared out bars, you cant really pull em off well. corners can flare out well in my eyes, not the ends of bars. angle the kick of your R to define how its an R so it dosent resemble an A.

15. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb420_knowledgebornwisdom_102_4391.jpg
    NAWS. RR piece. crit it up. and thanks for the love errbody

lope- good to see sum new stuff man, shits evolving beautifully lol on the real tho
    and of course always good to see teze puttin in work. stay up fellas!

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

17. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

seyar shits dope, what would top it off is if you'd add the shading in the 3d at the beggining of the A and the middle of the A and W going outwards, then lighten up the end of the S a bit and shade the end of that W like under the S and shit going inward, probably wont understand what im sayin im tired as shit and probably not makin any sense
    ai54.tinypic.com_2gv3crt.jpg
    some stupid sketch

18. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

My thoughts: Go to the Toy thread until you can at least do clean lines.

19. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Lope- that 2nd one is dope man.... The wheels started to turn instantly while looking at those letters.. and that "E" stellar.

20. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Loving these two. Particularly the Red and Yellow piece.... always been a fan of letters like this. I usually am not a fan of throws, they tend to just look like shit to me but I am diggin' the orange one and the grey and red one. On the green and red one maybe try the tail like bit on the D for the L?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011