Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The UK Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scarface, Nov 21, 2004.

Share This Page

1. wolsley

wolsley Senior Member

Yeah I know what you mean, most people want to spend their time in the arena and you cant really set a time for a battle when everyone wont be seeing a band they really want to see.

I'm not sure how it would work but I think workshops and a mural/legal wall would be really good... Even better if they provided paint!

2. toxus

toxus Elite Member

Hello every one :D hehehehe

I'm gonna order a marker :D:D:cool:

3. wolsley

wolsley Senior Member

How many dogs? I didn't see any driving there but I don't know how I'm getting there next year and like I said I might take a little bit more than what I need for myself.

My little sister wants to come with me next year which would be pretty cool, I can pimp out all her friends and get stoned with her!:D

4. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

10 squids a gram isnt to bad...most london dealers would be cunty enough to skank you that anyway.....yer they cotton on to drugs so beware the sniffer dogs i had an ounce on me on the way to nequay this year and there was nuff police searching but no dogs luckily....also sketch....saying you have met some y:atg is just gay....atg isnt a gay enough crew to have youngers and shit....

5. wolsley

wolsley Senior Member

Shit £10 a gram is normal?! I normally complain if I get less than 1.5g for £10...

Were really getting ripped off in this country for weed. I had a smoke with a Canadian guy over the weekend, sold him one of our grams for £10 and he was saying how they pay half the price back there. He even got me to roll a blunt with the whole gram and smoked it with me... I felt really guilty after that.

6. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

the graffiti on the pictures on this page sucks

7. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer i noticed that as well vegi.....nah im not saying i pay a tenner for a gram....but i mean in london....you will be lucky if cunts dont try that shit with you....these days me and mates all chip in to get an ounce or something....i know a dealer who will give me 35g ounce....so thats near enough an extra quarter on top.....but yer my prices are

1.7g - tenner
    3.5-3.8g - score
    7.5g - 40 squids
    15g - 70 squids
    35g - 120 squids

in america they pay like 20 dollars for an 8th which is only a tenner here im having a guess at....

8. wolsley

wolsley Senior Member

I know it sucks, I was just pointing out how much appeared pretty much over night...

9. beltonuk

beltonuk Banned

i feel all warm and fuzzy inside

10. rise_&_fight

rise_&_fight Senior Member

Well thats the level UK graff is at at the moment everyone is just hell bent on shitty damage. gone are the days where you practiced and sketched for months on end before even considering picking up a can. no one bothers to learn the history and no one gives two fucks about style. in my opinion the UK scene is an embarrassment to the rest of europe. i'd rank one full colour trackside over fifty chrome dubs anyday.

11. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

amen....uk graffiti is turning out to be the wackest....theres say 30% of the uk which actually have style and do something decent.....

12. rise_&_fight

rise_&_fight Senior Member

im gonna soldier on trying to produce stuff im actually proud of...and when that goes tits up im moving to europe! ha ha

13. wolsley

wolsley Senior Member

I still very rarely pick up a can and spend most of my time in my sketchbook or reading about graffiti and iv been writing for almost 2 years...

Not all UK writers are bad, just a lot of them. I know what you mean about embarrassing though, I look back on a few of my old tags or throwies on walls and think "WTF!" and hope nobody ever noticed them.

14. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

monkey wen i say yunger i dont mean like he was actually apart of the crew, he just used to jam with sum of them,

and abou london being shitty for draw,
    it depends on hu u pick up off, if its sum sumalion on road then ur gunna get bumped. but if u got the hook up its all good,
    just gotta make friends with safe shoters,
    the gayest thing about london draw is nohtinghill carnival. fuckin lonng drought for about two months, thats wen havin friends who shot cums in handy

15. klipa

klipa Senior Member

london green is still full of fucking sand no matter wich ends i reach to! its baiting me out hard!

16. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

yea man killburn and wilsden had a fat sand storm for months,
    luckily i wont pick that up any time soon,aint seen it for a while

17. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer i know the real people so no sand for me....but yer sand is the gayest thing they could decide to put in....apart from seti on here was telling me about sugar water.....thats sprayed on and when it dries it looks like crystals.....but the worst was spraying glass on....thats fucked up.....

18. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

I hear ya.It seems like everyone is hell bent on getting up without putting anytime into what they're painting.This is what I mean.People go around fucking up the area I live in with their crappy tags,which is why people(non graffers)get angry at this art form.All they see are rudeboy tags and toys that don't have a clue about handstyles.If we saw more full colour pieces around I reckon there would be a little less hate.

19. Voze

Voze Senior Member

i don't see the point in spending more than 20 minutes on something that's gonna either be dogged by toys, and if not that, buffed within a week

20. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

because you will have pictures....and the people who do see it will think sick....and also you get personal gratification that you painted that :)