Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Travel

Travel Senior Member

Crits?

Attached Files:

2. TOLR8

TOLR8 Senior Member

Phazr i seen your shit rocking on trains in dtown

3. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

For real? lol had to have been some old ass stuff, i haven't hit any yards in a minute. Cool their still rollin though!

4. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

Phazr try compressing your P to avoid the awkward negative space. And keep practicing.

Brask why are all your pictures upside down? Every single one you post is....anyways, your B is ugly and the rest is eh. Practice.

Travel I don't know if you're going for throws or simps, but I sure hope you aren't sketching throws. Your shit is an ok start, just kind of blah

5. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Bugs- you play Battlefield Hardline, saw someone with your avatar image yesterday lol

6. TOLR8

TOLR8 Senior Member

Phazr, saw it when i was driving over the bridge.

7. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Man I have no idea why my shit comes in upside down but it's annoying. I've tried everything but my phone just uploads it that way.I've been playing with different Bs but I was going for a simple style. What suggestions can you make?

8. thespine

thespine Senior Member

Brask - Your "B" looks like a c. all of your letters just look like toyed bubble letters. no originality or style in them. Get to know the physical structure of each one of your letters. What makes a "B" a "B"? Play around with it. IMO The letters should be a family. Each one could stand alone, but together, they all fit and are on big happy. Know what I'm saying?

9. echoV

echoV Senior Member

BRASK-- instead of clicking "post" after u choose photos from your phone, click on "go advanced" so you can preview your post. its like "spellcheck" for photo uploading so you can see if it loaded correctly.
    also, even though your letters are basic bubble letters, the 3 bombs you did are pretty clean (in my opinion), like the outline on the one w/ the yellow fill.

10. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

Have you looked for inspiration? From logos to graffiti

11. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Alright thanks for the crits guys. I've been looking all over for inspiration but I'm trying to nail a simple bubble throwie that kills so I can play with it from there. I've got a few other things I've been playing around with tho. I was pretty happy with the cleanliness of these, I really just wanted to get this name up. I know it's kinda shit right now but hopefully I'll start getting more style in my throwies. Who knew they could be so tough! Lol this is the area I struggle with the most in graffiti. So I appreciate you guys not tearing me a new asshole lol and I'll try to make my pics come in right side up from now on. But no promises, get used to turning your head lol jk.

12. Ahes

Ahes Senior Member

Well, i tried a new tag "NoQ" crits please
    IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0090.jpg IMG_0091.jpg

13. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

14. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

The last one isn't too bad but the q doesn't look like a q, and the letters just don't go together. My advice is find a tag that flows better, perfect it then go from there. Hope that helped.

15. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

16. Ahes

Ahes Senior Member

i'll try, any tips on how to develop a better flowing tag?

17. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Look for inspiration. Play with different letter structures. Start super simple. Basic letters.

18. echoV

echoV Senior Member

also, what you were drawing is more of a "throwie" than a "tag"...
    learning what the differences btwn a "tag", a "throwie" and a "piece" will help you understand what the crits on these threads are giving tips on.

19. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

20160427_121148.jpg

How's this one looking?

20. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Thats a nice throwie but I don't like the arm coming off of the first letter. Other than that that shit is dope.