Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. idkwhattodowithmyhands

idkwhattodowithmyhands Senior Member

looks bad imo
    doesnt seem like you listen much

2. idkwhattodowithmyhands

3. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

You have literally given me no advice. All you say is it looks bad. Well how bout you put your money where your mouth is and post your own stuff or give some real advice on what needs work. Cuz I've been looking for all this inspiration and there's shit out there just like this that is dope. You must just have an interest in a different style than what I'm doing/going for. This is simple and all I'm looking for is how to improve it. But every time you comment on my work it's not helpful....so don't comment on my shit or give me some real advice. Please. Thanks

4. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

tumblr_n7ht8z77B21rulu47o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ng06xknuWs1rulu47o1_500.jpg
    DSC03609.JPG
    Bates.jpg
    d9896a2efba2eac8a79f7cc5ee887411.jpg
    images.jpg

And here's some images to prove my point. These are super simple and still dope. Now what's mine not have that these do? I'm throwing in some style, some of my own ideas and still looking to a bunch for inspiration.

5. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

Your B just sucks but fuck Bs are like one of the worst letters for throws

6. echoV

echoV Senior Member

you're right. he's a journalist, giving the 'advice' of a writer without credibility

7. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Ok thanks. I'm not paying attention to that dude anymore, he probaby doesnt even write.. But I'm glad to hear that from you loon, B is super tough and I've been looking all over for decent examples and styles but they're all pretty plain and basic. It would be better if it wasn't the front letter, so I'm forced to somehow make the letter complete with flair. Does anyone have any ideas? The rest of the letters seem to be ok, right?

8. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

Oh my fuck lmao.

IDK may seem like a troll, but he just tells you the truth. If you want him to be the villain, just fuel off his "hate." He literally just posted inspiration for you, like I've been telling you to look up. Find the message in the brashness.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. DTECT-FIC-NJ

DTECT-FIC-NJ Member

20160424_041509.jpg dark pic I know but what u all think

10. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

If I had a word that started with a B I would just do straight letters instead of a throw. Like Kuma or something along those lines

11. SULo

SULo New Member

12. idkwhattodowithmyhands

all those throws you posted besides like 2 are shit
    youre shit
    drop the fucking ego and get better
    your lines are shit your letters are shit and the throw is just shit
    simple doesnt have anything to do with it one of my throws is the most simple shit there is
    your letters dont even look good together you just pieced together random letters you found
    do some fucking research, spend more then two days drawing some shit and then come back and post some new and improved shit until then shut the fuck up

13. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Says the dude who never posts his own stuff. Sounds like you have the ego claiming you know it all...why don't you do a simple throwie in my name so I can see what you're talking about?

I ain't hating on you I'm just trying to understand what you're saying. I'm looking for inspiration all over the place and this is the area I need work. I'll I'm asking is that you explain what is so shit about it and why my lines are shit? I'm not bad at graff, I'm still a toy in some areas especially in throwies. Clearly. But I'm trying to get better and that's why I'm asking for decent feedback. I've looked at the throws you've posted for inspiration and done my own digging as well.

Which two aren't shit so I know what to focus on?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  14. Agus Wibowo

Agus Wibowo Senior Member

tried to make throwies for you Hand-s... Hope you like it :p
    brask quick throwie small.jpg

15. Agus Wibowo

16. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Nice dude i think those are pretty good.

17. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

I like the ones with the round bottom, Salski. It looks better that way.

18. Agus Wibowo

19. idkwhattodowithmyhands

No I dont have an ego I am just self aware. I know what my skill set is. I know im not the best but I know I don't need crits from anyone on this forum (few exceptions). There is no reason for me to spot my shit, I know what I need to work on. You on the other hand have a bad throw and are comparing it to bates and dudes in MSK.

The throws that you posted that are decent are revok and bates, but DO NOT COPY BATES
    You seriously need all new letters.
    look at like blake, begr, obese, ai.imgur.com_XPXsiAt.png

20. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Alright dude thanks. Sorry I ain't trippin. I guess I wasn't necessarily comparing my throws to bates or revok or anything else, more just throwing out examples of simple styles and why those are considered good throws and why mine isnt. Again I'm trying to improve. I get letter structure and all that, but throwies seem to just break the rules and that's what I'm trying to do. There's so many different styles of throws out there. I struggle with the B a lot, having it be my first letter, so the rest of my letters sort of feed off that. So maybe having a decent starting B might help me make the style better?
    And I'll check out the guys you recommended and look for inspiration thru that.

And I don't mean for you to spot your own stuff, but like maybe just do a throw in my name so I can get an idea? Idk. I wouldn't copy it at all. But just study your lines and flow