Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Alright dude thanks. Sorry I ain't trippin. I guess I wasn't necessarily comparing my throws to bates or revok or anything else, more just throwing out examples of simple styles and why those are considered good throws and why mine isnt. Again I'm trying to improve. I get letter structure and all that, but throwies seem to just break the rules and that's what I'm trying to do. There's so many different styles of throws out there. I struggle with the B a lot, having it be my first letter, so the rest of my letters sort of feed off that. So maybe having a decent starting B might help me make the style better?
    And I'll check out the guys you recommended and look for inspiration thru that.

And I don't mean for you to spot your own stuff, but like maybe just do a throw in my name so I can get an idea? Idk. I wouldn't copy it at all. But just study your lines and flow

2. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

You wouldn't want him to do a throw up for you its gonna look like a sack.

3. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

Try a lower case b bruh. Might be easier

4. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Yeah man good idea. I thought of that last night. I'm gonna play around with lowercase letters cuz I always do uppers.

5. eatsoe

eatsoe Senior Member

Guys we've been seriously fucking up here. Let's all just look at other people's work and never attempt to do our own thing because it just might suck. Then idk's opinion of us would be bad. Then we'd have to kill ourselves. There is only one true graffiti style and we need to admit that to ourselves right now or we will continue on the road that will lead us to nowhere but damnation and suckitude.

I submit, IDK. Tell me I am shit, please, and I will no longer attempt to develop anything but what you say is right. Please tell me I suck and I should kill myself. Thy will be done, amen.

6. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Lmao ^ awesome. You're right eats. Graffiti is about self expression and there's plenty of styles out there but the most important one is your own and what you can push yourself to do as an artist. I'll just keep doing my thing and hopefully I'll be out of this toy stage before too long. Actually I don't even think I'm a toy anymore. I can do some solid tags. I know what flow is and I can still do some good stuff. My throwies just need work.

Amen

7. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

8. SULo

SULo New Member

IMG_4017.jpg

A little Two letter

9. idkwhattodowithmyhands

idkwhattodowithmyhands Senior Member

its bad

there are multiple style you guys just all have shit styles
    people who suck push the whole "self expression" thing all the time so Im not surprised you guys are too lmao

10. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Well honestly, knowing the history if graff and it's evolution, there were people that changed the game by pushing different styles. When people first started doing burners some else saw it and said hey, I can do that, but I'm gonna add some arrows and some funky colors to it. Then another dude said hey that's stupid shit right there but I'm gonna do it this way, and then he came up with a piece with a 3D and some crazy ass background. Then some other dude saw that and said nah that's shit bro, I got one better, then he did a wildstyle wicked piece with some crazy extensions and drop shadows and shit all over the place and it looked like it was literally floating in mid air...and his name was odieth.

But freal tho. Style is all in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone is gonna like the art. For starters, you think MQ is dope. But I see that throw and I see no creativity at all. Some people like revok, some people hate him. It's whatever. Graffiti is meant to please the eye sure, but it's also meant to piss people off and prevoke emotions. Looks like everyone here is prevoking yours...

11. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Also lookit guys like DAIM and DOES. do you think those guys styles were recognized right away? Even now some people don't like their stuff. Just is what it is

So tell me, what is style without self-expression?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  12. SuburbanTurban

SuburbanTurban Elite Member

13. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

14. idkwhattodowithmyhands

Mq has one of the best throw of all time. You disagreeing makes your opinion invalid

I really don't think you realize the impact he has had on Graff history.

15. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

MQ doesn't have one of the best throws at all. Shits generic people bombing in my city have way better throws lol but everyone has their own opinion. I think this throw is dope as fuck

image.jpeg

16. idkwhattodowithmyhands

0429161556b.jpg

heres one

heres two and three
    0429161606a.jpg
    0429161613a.jpg

17. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

18. idkwhattodowithmyhands

wow what a response! wasn't expected! Right out of left field with that one!

19. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Opinions can't really be invalid man. They're opinions. Personal preferences can't be regarded as "wrong"

And no I don't know the impact he had. But I'm always up for a lesson. Got a good place i can look him up? cuz I definitely wanna know more.

20. idkwhattodowithmyhands

ibp please post your version of his throw

oh and no baseball hat, faces, or tongue sticking out and random scribbles under it that would be dope if you could pull that off