Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

No matter what, always do your outlines last. Fills first, outlines last. I do an outer outline no matter what kind of fill I do. The outer outline makes your piece pop.

2. GuardDog

GuardDog Senior Member

Lol I know it sucks the reason I went out on new years was basically can practice because even though some of my paper shit looked clean I knew if I didn't start somewhere using the can it was going to blow regardless, my first actual thow looked better than this one but I don't have a good picture of it. Like when you say simple do you mean bubble and blockbuster or literally just regular letters? What will get me better with a can?

3. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

the only thing that gets you good can control is more use of the can, that's it. my first tags and throws i laid with my first tag were bad. the more paint i got my hands on and painted i got better control of the can.

4. GuardDog

GuardDog Senior Member

This picture is pretty dark and it was my second real throw up, crits? besides the fact that the baseline is slanted and the o isn't balanced with the P; I recognized that instantly.

aimage.ibb.co_n4c0nR_0115182302a.jpg

5. pew

pew Senior Member

The windchill was -16°F when I did this, so don’t crit me too hard, lol. My fingers are still frozen as I’m typing this, ha. Stuck with only two colors this time, and got to try out my new cans. It was fun. Cold but fun.
    28A78501-DBFB-434D-8745-45CF41623216.jpeg

6. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

How do you paint at -16? I've tried and those lines are so clean for that Temperature.

7. pew

pew Senior Member

That’s just what the weather app said the windchill was. The real temp was around 5. I parked pretty close and put my caps on and shook the cans in the car, then put them in my coat pockets and walked to the wall.

8. GuardDog

GuardDog Senior Member

I thought it being a lower temperature would make cleaner lines in general though? I mean with the exception of paint freezing and caps more likely to jam up if you don't clear them. The lower temperature means lower pressure in the cans.

9. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

Yeah but doesn't mean you're hands aren't cold.

10. pew

pew Senior Member

Oh I see. Yeah I’m not sure about all that.

11. GuardDog

GuardDog Senior Member

So true about the hands though, should buy some cans and use the code for those free coated gloves. But your work is straight as fuck regardless.

But yeah there's a huge temperature pressure correlation that's half of how refrigeration and dehumidifiers work. Part of the reason you don't leave them in a hot car is because it can get semi dangerous if you fuck with the can afterwards but mostly the paint just comes out looking like you used a broken fat cap. So the opposite is also true, like if you keep it in the shade or even keep them chill the paint will come out smooth. Good shit to know once this winter finally ends

12. pew

pew Senior Member

Yeah that’s good to know! And thanks! I’ll def be considering those gloves.

13. pore

pore Member

14. BORAX707802

BORAX707802 New Member

Ay im aware that these arent perfect, my only question is how the fuck do i get good Xs???? Iv done other throws and BORA looks clean then the X is kinda wonk. Any tips? Homie has given me methods but still never looks good to me. Ocd?

F37C88C8-D1FB-4F0D-8147-D4B802E344A1.jpeg

4A22FF5A-487F-422D-8306-B532C8ABE767.jpeg

484AB943-08BC-4BB3-8B86-BA2DAB935C23.jpeg

15. KADES

KADES Member

Yea bro x’s suck ass to do. I find adding some style such as straight edges but other than that I got nothing x’s are just hard. The second one looks pretty good though Ima have to steal that fill and put an orange background on it

16. KADES

KADES Member

Looks good pew. Damn -16 tho that’s painful.

17. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

You get the idea

4DE4CC9C-8989-46C9-92F7-2E398BD4C6AE.jpeg

18. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ Senior Member

19. AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ

AMEN 28 CRIMINALZ Senior Member

Sono rimasto sul ponte e laggiù is a Big road full cars That pass a long the Street.. how do tuo think of this pièce?
    Grazie per the coments

20. roop

roop New Member

Second page of my first black book. How’s it look?

image.jpg