Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

The 49'er is supposed to be the fattest around I think. Pink dots are nice too.

2. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

got it from a local graff shop. get a few for a dollar. they work w. some cans i copped from a store. the paint is shit but it works.

3. BlacktodaFuture

and i didnt say it was a black dot. there are 2 gold caps. with a pinkish dot in the middle and a black one. i got the black one.

4. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

Aint been on in a while, everyones getten better. shit i did today after a trip to the art store with some new marks
    ai132.photobucket.com_albums_q25_WestSideG_03_20071_106665836014962_1000001463839.jpg

5. hpir

hpir Senior Member

kidreny- improvements showing no dought fix your y up more tho

6. ilikekicks

ilikekicks Senior Member

7. OOPS!

OOPS! Senior Member

Looks dope. Akso or Arso?

8. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

It's been warm enough to rain the past couple days and melt the snow away. Been workin' on straight letters on paper for a while. Wastin' some scraps for shits.
    The 'W' gives me trouble. I figure I gotta' work on proportions cause the letters don't look the same size up on the wall. Didn't wanna' sit in the rain anymore and clean up the pink outline. I probably should have kept the letters straighter instead of trying the wavy shit on the first try.
    Any other crits welcome.

[​IMG]

9. BlacktodaFuture

10. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

3d is off on the bottom of ur E... and ur lines could be straighter along with the bars... but its the best ive seen u paint so far... keep it up

11. faser

faser Senior Member

Dropshadow =/= 3D

Rewt use bars when painting to get proportions, if you don't already. And your overlapping doesn't make it flow, fix that up next time.

12. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

HOLLLLLYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIT.
    I thought I'd never see the day that I was alright with something you painted, dude.

the hold in the R seems a little off to me, and the | bar on the E could be thicker, but it's pretty alright man.

I also just noticed that the leg of your R is tucked behind the E, I'd try an shy away from that.

Wouldn't mind seeing it on the street, though.

13. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

Soon. Soon.
    It is pretty off at the bottom of the 'E'. Missed that. Thanks.
    I'm gonna' try and space them out more next time. I didn't think I was gonna' fit it all on that little space.
    Haha. Thanks man. I gotta' fix that 'R' tucking behind the 'E'. Definitely. I think it throws of the two dimensional flow of the letters and drop shadow, after looking at it. Like the 'R' should go over the 'E' and the 'E' over the 'W' and so on...so the letters actually look on top of each other.
    Best crit so far.
    Thanks.

I wanna' get this shit down pat for this upcoming season. Then you'll definitely see it on the street.

14. SCOPE2

SCOPE2 Senior Member

yo. i think u should just keep that style and put the top semi cirlce of the r over the e.. so ur letters will be all the same.. it looks like thats what u were going for.. like one part of the letter goes under while the other ontop of the next letter

15. prefer

prefer Banned

hey root, thats alright but to tell you the truth man, you got to do some detail, that shit is like to me pretty boring, if i saw that i would be like yeah, same old shit, try bustin a peice maybe, but people on here got to do a little more than just simples all day, like whatever i do simples alot but i have more fun doing peices, and there worth your time, pretty much anyone can pick up a can or a pen and do normal fonts yo, that shits elementary to me, and stylistic shit can be readable if the people reading it aint toy, just my two cents

16. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

its harder than it looks to make nice straight line simp... its good practice too... at his level hes doin what he should be as far as im concerned, if u wanna talk about what ud rather see on a wall id rather see the REWT simp than ur AWESOME piece, just because it looks like he has better can conrtol with the straight lines than a row of blobs that u can barely make out as letters... hes progressed quite a bit if u ask me, after this he should try something similar but add highlights and some shadow under the overlapped parts

17. prefer

prefer Banned

eh, yeah i would'nt, i mean i got respect for dudes who take shit to the next level, i just cant respect someone for doing an elementary name like rewt its like he aint tryin, id rather see some shit that looks like you actually had some kind of skill

18. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

I've been trying to really focus on straight letters and the letters themselves. I wanted to keep it simple. That was mostly to figure out what that sketch would be like on a wall. The proportions of letters and shadow was my biggest concern.

I didn't wanna' go overboard with a fill. That has nothing to do with the letters. If you can't paint a decent letter, who cares about the fill? I used to paint wack ass 'pieces'. I wanna' take my time and figure out the basics so I know what I'm actually doing. The high level skill shit comes with time and it's only been 5 months.

Elementary name like 'rewt'? Umm ok, explain this? What's wrong with my name? You hatin' on the piece or my name? Or just everythin' now?

19. prefer

prefer Banned

no i aint hatin on rewt im just sayin those straigts bore me nothin more

20. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

doin nothing bores me... i think an honest effort deserves some crits, especially when it shows progression... im givin props hah