Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. letsgobombin

letsgobombin Senior Member

bumpo
    wers- where'd the outline go in the first one? i like the throw but the r doesnt go in any of them, the pointed one doesnt go and neither does the simple one, ilike it but think of a new r
    minz- wahts that second letter supposed to be? and take out that random line in the middle of the m
    clue- youre right starting simple, you dont need to paint yet all i would say is to make the hole in the e into the centre, keep practicing that throwie over and over and then start coming up with ideas
    asic- put a hole in the middle of the a and try it without the s being so tilted, other than that keep experimenting
    smile- its good that youre starting simple but try and make your letters more proportionate and make your s more throwie like
    shie- i like em, only thing i can say is practice your one liner on paper because that one does not look good
    aekz- i would say to just stop with all your other letters and spend a week or 2 trying to get a k that flows and looks good

2. MiNZ

MiNZ Senior Member

iono man when i paint i usually drink away the names
    but i think irving and lincoln maybe

letsgobombin

i write rhel now
    rl for short
    r is flipped on first pic
    also that spider is my girl namu shes ill wit it

3. letsgobombin

letsgobombin Senior Member

you should really make them a bit more legible, i had trouble reading even it when you told me what it said, anyway, i think part of the l should go inside itself. also, i think you should keep your r the right way round

4. Worms

Worms Guest

5. originalhomeboy

originalhomeboy Senior Member

6. numberonestunna

numberonestunna Senior Member

smile - keep workin on your style.also id prolly look for a diff name..
    minz - good colors on the second throwie. id like to see the whole thing but i think its in the bathroom and hard to get a good view..
    wers- keep gettin up. personally im not a fan of your E and R but its all together a good throw up.
    originalhb - those are actually not bad. i like em quite a bit.

7. caution+spontaneity

caution+spontaneity New Member

thanx for the feedback i think i'll work on the S and an outline

8. bak

bak Senior Member

9. shie-ster

shie-ster Senior Member

letsgobombing- i actually kind of like my 1liner. that one was a bit fucked up, ill give you that, but for the most part, i like it. thanks for the crits though.
    View attachment 395288
    View attachment 395289
    View attachment 395290
    ^me and a freind did reverse throws, he did my name, i did his^
    View attachment 395291
    View attachment 395292
    maybe more later..
    herts- i really like your idea, just work on the e and r.
    wers- im reaally liking it, just work on your right leg of the r.it looks good, but it just doesnt flow with what your doing.
    bak- start simple. then start giving your leters more motion and detail.

10. ETCH 07

ETCH 07 Member

A quick throw up over top some BS

[Broken External Image]:http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/4476/graff1037dz3.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/5904/graff1014ri2.jpg

im old school as hell , but i aint done nothing since 84 - 86 era and now my 17 year old son is starting to learn which has got me back into it at 36 .. crazy but im just about doing what i like to do ...

the other i did by my old name , but since changed ... toy as hell , but it is what it is for now till the skills improve ...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  11. noxi

noxi Elite Member

I would take out the crown.

12. bak

bak Senior Member

thanks shie and i like the color combination on the first but wats the second pic? symbol?

13. ETCH 07

ETCH 07 Member

thanx for the reply ...

14. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

ai37.tinypic.com_2zzjbq8.jpg
    Ehhh

Shie not too shure how I feel about your h

etch
    Keep working on it

wers dope.

15. Incognito

Incognito Member

Couple of painted throws.
    View attachment 395471
    View attachment 395472
    looking for crits on the style not the painting skill but both would be nice

Shie - lovin the E, but i agree with yarbles the h is kinda wierd, not to sure about it.

Etch- i like the ch in the first one. Second one definatly needs a lot of work, might be better off starting from scratch with that one.

yarbles - i don't know what it is about the h but something is wierd about it. its like the top half doesnt belong with the lower half or something, im not sure. Other than that its really good

16. freshair

freshair Senior Member

attn toys: plz stop writing stupid names like....ARROW.AROH.THROWIE.ETCH.SKETCH...its so stupid

sorry...just had to say that.....

aroh u need letter structure...new name too

aeks...the A n K need work.........

SHIE....fly..i like it

17. ETCH 07

ETCH 07 Member

names and the reason for them are a personnal choice in my opinion .. if i lived life choosing by everyone elses opinions id be a zombie. to each is own ...

18. freshair

freshair Senior Member

i bump you for not bitchin about wut i said...and a favorite quote i love using...

"to each his own.."

respect towards you...

19. originalhomeboy

originalhomeboy Senior Member

Word up to the 35 year old bomber. :D

20. ETCH 07

ETCH 07 Member

again thx to anyone even taking time to critique what i do .. i learned a long time ago that critizim is both constructive and motivating. to many people hide behind the " hater " excuse. alltough some do actually just hate on shit , most of the time people are giving a honest opinion , sometimes a educated one. so im always the student ... it makes me a better teacher , feel me ?

not to mention the fact that i been rappin , making beats , and once was b boyin ( breakin for those who aint hip hop culture orientated ) for a long time, so critisizm is something u welcome when doing that. it means people are taking notice of your skills , at every level. i do what i do for the love of doing it. not for others opinion. but i still respect those who have more skill at something than i do at the momment. and even would if i were to advance past them. respect is a must .. i will say this though .. its definetly a struggle between the father and the graffer in me when im out painting and having to dip out from the cops with my 17 year old son ... hahaha . so wierd ... but dope none the less .. we definetly have a tighter trust between us cause of it ...