Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. tophaa

tophaa Banned

Hey you guys, got a few things that I could use some feedback on.
    008.jpg
    This is with really poor quality paint, like super back dollar cans. Please don't hate for paint quality haha, it's a bit wompyjawed but feeback would be nice :).
    022.jpg
    Not necessarily a 'throw up,' it's just something that I put together.
    Thank you all!

2. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

stick to the notepad for now man loose the highlights do some research on your bubble lettters and practice alot!!

3. sir.to.you.

sir.to.you. Senior Member

i dont im not able to bomb shit for a while so iv been fuckin words up.thanks for your concern though cuz i never coulda thought of somethin so genius. what would i do with out the Einstein's around me to give me a hand.

4. Shell703

Shell703 Senior Member

SynOne- Thanks for the feedback, it's DAR you have any suggests on how to make the D look more like a "D", i've been having a hard time with it.

5. ribcage

ribcage Banned

what are you saying? I dont even remember ever adressing you...

6. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Vivid, PESOE said it all. Practice a shit ton. Research some throws. Gain some inspiration. Emulate then make your own.
    SEOT- it has some potential, but you really need to work on your shapes. Keep hitting the books and clean your hand up. The bottom of the T is by far the worst part though. Consistency is key. And a thing to know about drop shadows is that should be the EXACT shape of your initial outline.No fatter, no longer, no wider. I still have a lot of trouble with this myself.

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_NouveauP_IMG_0503.jpg

7. DCSKATER

DCSKATER Guest

PICT0081.jpg PICT0082.jpg PICT0061.jpg

PICT0081.jpg PICT0082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
  8. Dusk oner

Dusk oner New Member

Just started writing need help, any help will be appreciated.
    Untitled.jpg

9. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Nouv, no doubt I'm a toy, but I sure read that as Klrus. Imo your A looks like a R. Even though that would be a kick ass R.

Dusk, I'm colorblind. So I can't see nothing but black with a few highlights and a red outline.

10. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Syn, I'm still a toy too, but it's most definitely an A. In an R, the right side bend would bend in ABOVE that center line instead of below it. Thanks for the crit though.

Dusk - Work on keeping all of your letters consistent for now. Sketch on some graph paper to really see if you're keeping everything proportional. And remember, crawl before you walk.

11. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Nouv, you're right. Now that I really look back at it. It does look like an A. Sick flow in it. Keep it up.

12. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

13. sir.to.you.

sir.to.you. Senior Member

@knowtheledge that new jedi shits tight right!

14. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

have the left side of the M be as high as the rest of the word, experiment some more with K's and E's and youre good

15. knowtheledge

@sty fuck yea dude jmt fovever!

n thanks phat ima do dat

16. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

nouv I dig the the throw
    dc skater and dusk stick to the books and research right now
    muse - phat hit it on the head your m and e's need a little work.

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb409_heyzues07_1319698394.jpg

17. Shell703

Shell703 Senior Member

Muke - I agree with Phat, and try bringing the E up in line with the rest of the throw
    Nouv - That shit looks straight to me, no crits...
    Top - get those letters consistent as first then start playing with different sizes later
    DC - I'd work with the RBK for right now, work on the lettering and not so much on the highlights and reflections
    Dusk - Try keeping the letters balanced for right now, the D looks bottom left heavy, and the U looks bottom right heavy, the S looks right heavy and the K just has a big wart on the bottom.
    Hip - The E's look too hidden and the S looks too squished in the middle, try giving equal space to each letter.

View attachment 616009

18. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Muke- The M and the U aren't too bad. M actually has some style on it. I would shape it up a little better, but it's a good start. the K and E need some work for sure. And just your whole throw could be proportioned better. But keep at it, it has potential.

Pesoe - I have to agree your first E is hidden. Bring it out more. And I think the leaning style you have (and I have :D ) looks better when each letter is aligned. Look at the size difference from your P and your last E. Use some graph paper to keep them all the same height. I used to have the same problem (and still get caught doing it a lot).

Dar- That's more of a straight letter. Try to do throws with minimal lines and in smooth motions (one smooth motion is optimal. My throws rarely have more than 3 lines per letter) Throws are meant to be done quickly. Research some throws and copy a few to get the jist of how to form some letters. Then base your letters off of that. But remember, don't bite, just draw influence.

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_NouveauP_IMG_0504.jpg

19. knowtheledge

trying new ish, used some racked excel paint with ny fats.. works alright but the paint is mad thin

and the second flick is garbage

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6112_6287558630_e5b7cc19d4.png

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6093_6287038447_ec4ef273b0.png

20. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

first m is proper I personally dont dig the e still seems the middle of the e is being hidden or smashed ... but over all a nice toss