Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

^

2. d1p3r1

d1p3r1 Member

3. Madprops

Madprops New Member

i did not crit, and i explained why i have not posted any of my shit, i don't want to add to the onslaught of terrible shit in this thread.

4. Friz_One

Friz_One Senior Member

5. ur210

ur210 Senior Member

2012-10-15 15.36.27.jpg

shit

Attached Files:

6. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

Can we please stop posting nothing but oversized flicks of the same shitty hands and throws for fucks sake all the stickied threads are going to shit like i know this is the toy thread but fuck
    dolan-why-u-smilen.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  7. KagedShroom

KagedShroom Member

8. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

my advice to you: Stop "writing" (haze) for the following reasons

1. its a generic name that 1 out of 4 kids chooses when they think they can start doing graff and it just makes you look like a poser when your shit doesnt progress at all (which i doubt it will)

2. you clearly have not eye raped the shit out of the "new to graff" thread before spamming with your oversized scribbles and for this alone you should be kicked

3. wolf-hazethrow-up.jpg
    haze-throw.jpg
    34035.jpg
    haze.jpg
    tumblr_m0jgcwmvA71qerx9uo1_500.jpg
    slide2.jpg

4. your "slaps" or "digital work" is in fact NOT better than your throwies contrary to popular belief, its just as generic, and lacking aesthetic appeal, theyre just look like a 12 year old did them instead of a 6 year old, no pat on the back necessary for that

5. in the end it all boils down to how seriously you take this art form, to turn it into a hobby the way half of you do is just disrespectful to the people who do things you wont like put in the hours of sketching, flicking, travelling, learning, observing, and criminal risk-taking in order to progress or make something of their graff rather than just whine about repeating KEYBOARD LETTERS & SIMPLES to develop their style or flow

I know this may seem harsh or like a personal attack, but honestly this could apply to the entire onslaught of children who have recently wandered into this forum with their moms sharpies and their dads ballpoint pens, if youre going to do this, then DO IT and take it seriously and develop and make efforts and take advantage to every scrap of advice that's given to you (from those that know what theyre talking about) otherwise, start your own forum for your shit or keep it to yourself please instead of clogging up threads for the writers trying to progress

yours truly,
    -GOPHER GHK

9. KagedShroom

KagedShroom Member

To be fair, just about any word in the english language is taken, unless it's taken by a total graffiti legend, or someone within about 150 miles of you, I don't personally think it really matters. I have had a look at that thread, taking advice from it, and the very few users who are actually willing to give advice, most just tell you to take advice, but never give it. This isn't just me, I have seen this with nearly every toy. It seems users who are not toy come just to humiliate other users, that's just how it looks anyway. My digital work is better than my throwies, and I have made progression, anyone can see that, it's obvious. I am not asking for a pat on the back, and I at no point said I was brilliant, I can totally agree with your analogy for saying I am essentially less shit than I was, because that's exactly what I was saying. I have spent hours reading and trying and trying, I have only been at it for about 4 or 5 days though so if you look at my first AWFUL shitty posts, you can tell that I have. In a few years I will probably be at a good standard, but until then I am going to continue posting, but like I have said before, I am now only posting things I am happy with or I think show progression, even if it is from shit to slightly less shit, that's how you all started. No one is great from day one, and like I said, this is day 5ish I am not going to be great. I have however been into graffiti my entire life, for as long as I remember I have seen art on the streets and loved it, I have a passion not a hobby. Lastly, children? I'm probably about your age, unless that was meant as an attempt to belittle me further. I hope I have made my point, I do take this seriously, and I do take all the advice I can get, my problem is that most of the decent writers on here don't seem to understand the difference between tough love and just being an arsehole.

10. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

my post was really meant to belittle or discourage those who arent serious about graff and to weed out those who just want to be spoon fed, that shits whack, if youre truly here to learn and progress then more power to you, just learn how to resize your pictures (in windows 7 you can right click the picture, click EDIT, and it will open the picture in MS paint from which you can crop and/or drop it down to a percentage of the original size, i usually stick with 30-40%) a lot of the animosity form experienced writers comes from this desire to be spoon fed from less experienced writers, the occassional grouping of random toys who pick up a pen and say "graff is cool" for a few months, then disappear completely, or the fact that when we were where some of you are we didnt have anyone giving us any sort of help (at least thats the case for me, ive been writing for about 5 years and didnt really have a crew of more experienced writers or anyone i knew personally to help me out until around march of this year) which meant we had to learn through intense observation and trial & error, and yeah, maybe some of the forum frequenters are trolling arseholes, but in some cases it boils down to someone telling you something sucks meaning you should go look at what doesnt suck and compare it to your suck and try something different to suck less

EDIT: and haze is a legend, and the lack of legend status isnt an excuse to run with a generic name because if it isnt something that has meaning or flow or originality then chances are youre not going to stick with it so why work with letters youre not going to keep and that will just get you dissed?

11. KagedShroom

KagedShroom Member

Thanks for the tip, will resize all my images in future before uploading, everyone seems to upload them massive, but yeah I can see how it would annoy some people. I can assure you I am here to learn. I have no desire to be spoon fed, I probably do ask for more advice and help than I should, but thats because I know I suck. I'm at a level now though where I can start to look at other peoples work and get inspiration from it without biting, so from me personally, the need to be spoon fed has near enough gone. I respect that some people had no one to help them, but to me that means they should be willing to give what they never had the opportunity to have, but some people just aren't like that, and it's fine really. Yeah I have been looking at things and trying to suck less, like the guy above showed me the basic throwie Z, it helped a lot and I started to notice different Z designs. I've never heard of Haze personally, but I do have a reason for writing it. I originally wanted to write Kage, becuase I personally feel like I am caged up and oppressed because of societys standards, I decided against that though because it seemed to cheesy. I then had a brief moment where I thought Shroom would be good, but I hate that now. Haze does mean something to me, I am a massive anti-prohibitionist, and here in the UK weed is seen so badly, I wanted to send an obscure message. Haze is a well known type of weed (Super silver haze, Super lemon haze etc) so that's why I chose it, I had visions of weed leafs on government buildings etc etc... It would just make me feel better, and I understand that is probably even more cheesy but it does mean something to me, even if it's not as personal as it could be, it is more an obscure reference to a firm belief I hold.

12. Graffhead91

Graffhead91 Member

Hey I'm new to graff (couple of weeks) and I'd like to know what can I do to improve my throwie, it's a 2 letter throwie "SK", and I know many people have the two letter throwie SK but it's supposed to stand for a name containing those 2 letters I just haven't found a good name with an S and K yet that don't sound toy or overused... or taken... Please help... and yes criticize all you want, that's the whole point of this thread.... right?

PS keep in mind I just started a few weeks ago... so i'm a toy...

SK.jpg

13. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

looks like a bite, at least the K, i could be wrong, either way, pick a name tho, thats the first step , the S is too wonky and doesnt look like it has enough structure to it, or idk, something about it looks off, try toning it down for now and doing simple shit, thats really all i can say right now

14. Graffhead91

Graffhead91 Member

15. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

theres a clear NYC influence in this and i like it. the leg of the k looks like its melting away, add a bit of meat to it. the s needs more work, but i am feeling the flare on the end of it. you've got something good going here, just need to keep fucking with it.

16. dextr24

dextr24 Member

17. dextr24

dextr24 Member

18. Fakename.

Fakename. Senior Member

^^ dex you picked horrible letters. The t doesn't look like a t at all. I've been writing for a bit nown I can't do an x at all.

Every word in English has been taken? Lol. Don't use Endeglish words then. Make upa word. Here is RANDOMS, jrip, ripd, bogr, tedo, kwik, bomn, koner, sniks, sheder,utou. Im not sure if any are taken thry are just a bunch of random weird weirds that prrobly are not taken. just write all the letters you know, find what letters your are best are at. Take some letters rearange them to your likely and work with it.

A flick I took just for talking..
    afarm9.staticflickr.com_8297_7845372878_32bfc7a6af.jpg
    East Grams KPS by Flick This ., on Flickr

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  19. Mack98

Mack98 New Member

20. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

coolstorybros