Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Semper

Semper Moderator

^i dont know much about throwies but that looks cool, i like the m and n. also imma ass man but a decent set is a nice bonus.

pretty much taught myself tosses so far and i wanna make sure I'm on the right track. crit meh and ignore the ugly G.

ANGS
    image (80).jpeg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

nice deb, keep at it and maybe try some simpler shit too

venom thats dope, i dig it

semp, you kinda are but simple it down abit right now so u get some good basic letters that you like down then you start playing around with it after

3. NEwker

NEwker Senior Member

Sup? New to the forum. Been writing on and off since '06, haven't really painted much since '08 until recently. Thought I'd introduce myself with some throwies. Keen for some crits.

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8204_8171147757_1c9070583c.png

Might as well attempt to give some crit too.

Debs: I like the foundation, the S kills it for me though. Try tighten it up, maybe by losing the massive space on the bottom leg. Just drop a single line instead of the two, if you get me? to make the S more bubbly. There's something about the B too, but I can't put my finger on it. Keep painting, and sketch all day!

Venom: That is dope! V is a hard letter to make look buttery, but you killed it man! Would you ever think about doing an exchange? If you think I could pull it off that is, haha.

Angs: I'm feeling that too, not a generic style. Looks grimey as. If I saw it on a wall I would give props. Keep doing what you're doing dude.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

yeah dawg. lets exchange, gimme a Phat2.

SKMBT_C28012111011000.jpg

sorry it's a piece of shit. the R is the worst letter ever.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  5. NEwker

NEwker Senior Member

yeah mang, lets get it done!

6. Semper

Semper Moderator

Ugh conflicting crits, I don't know who to listen to.

7. NEwker

NEwker Senior Member

^ Semper, I lived in Tasmania for 4 years. So listen to me?

But really though, listen to everything, some people will dig styles other people think are whack? If you're starting out, take all the crit you can and work from it. Just because I said I liked it doesn't mean you're gonna keep that throwie forever, exactly as it is, right? Just open up your blackbook and bang out a bunch of throwies with as many different "styles" as you can muster up.

Oh, and Xchange is done, not happy with it but (sorry man), Could never draw P's well...or T's really. Was cool to mash out some letters I haven't fucked with in a while though. Oh, and definitely ignore all the shite attempts at "2"

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8068_8171917671_b117412a58_c.png

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8057_8171923443_14fa18aec8_c.png

afarm9.staticflickr.com_8200_8171922921_0822345cbc_c.png

8. PIECE

PIECE Senior Member

Not only my first attempt at spraying a throw up, but painting in general. It was a pretty dark spot so the yellow wasn't a good choice (I couldn't see half the paint going up). I enjoyed trying a couple different caps to see what suited me best and seeing the photo definitely gave me motivation to improve and keep at it. All crits are much appreciated. Be harsh and constructive, it's the only way we get better!
    2012-11-10 01.01.09.jpg

9. NEwker

NEwker Senior Member

Yo Piece;

As far as your ability to paint goes, for your first time that's some decent can control dude! I remember how it felt to finally drop the pens and paper and pick up a can. Definitely inspired me to keep at it. I'm assuming that wall is private? If so, definitely keep painting there until you're confident enough to hit streets. Start going Bigger, try keeping your lines clean, test colour schemes out and just practise all day. Private (Legal) walls aren't something many writers have to begin with.

As for your style, it's definitely pretty standard. Although you wouldn't be posting in the 'toy' section if you were a burner. Your P isn't really doing it for me. it looks to skinny in comparison to the rest of your letters. Compare it to the size of the I for example, then work on getting it the same width. Consistensy is definitely something to learn early on when painting, because when you progress to street bombing, being able to chuck nice, consistent throws up fast may mean the difference between getting caught or getting flicks and getting capped or getting props.

I get that you're a beginner and all, so I'm trying to be as informative as I can be. I like the simple style, keep at it!

EDIT: Also, what sort of paint did you use? That blue looks like it covers nice! especially on that wood looking surface.

Oh and if my assumption of that being a private wall is correct, do yourself a favour and roll it up with some grey house paint or something. It'll stop your paint from being eaten by the wood, and make it stand out a lot more.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  10. PIECE

PIECE Senior Member

Thanks for the input! Yeah the P is definitely lacking. When I did my outline I just came in really tight. This isn't a private wall, but an abandoned building a few writers have hit up. It's not well lit, but on a heavy traffic intersection, so I hit up the side away from everyone else's throws. I used Montana Gold. I'm not new to art, I have a degree in Art History and Printmaking so I'm familiar with the importance of patience with new mediums. This took me about 10-15 minutes so I can definitely speed it up! Thanks again!

11. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

funky throw venom, looks cool

newker, i dig the bottom 2 pages, that bottom throw is sick

piece, work on your P and I, fatten up your P abit and change it up and make ur I smaller, keep it simple though like it is now

kinda late but oh well, crits would be cool
    IMG_0099.JPG Untitled.png

12. Semper

Semper Moderator

for realz? where abouts?

kaze-i dig it all but the first R it looks a little like PIVER. i like how loose it is though especially the I.

who needs can control when you can have mouse control. for da battle. im going to compromise and simple it down but try to maintain the same style.
    image (81).jpeg

13. donnalingus

donnalingus Member

Like Piece said....... this was the first thing done with a can... GO HARD and sorry about the pic. dirty phone quality taken at a bad time

169920_4497938859955_1014289671_o.jpg

14. MiDo93

MiDo93 Senior Member

15. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

some throw exchanges for seld, some are wack, oh well:
    SAM_1075.jpg SAM_1076.jpg SAM_1078.jpg

...also, i know i need to work on handstyles... never been my strong point.

16. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

take everything you read here with a grain of salt. when you post up asking for crits, what you're getting is other cats' opinions, and everyone has their own. what you also need to keep in mind is that, with some very few exceptions, its your peers who are criting you. meaning other toys. blind leading the blind, ya dig?

i was going to type more, but im getting distracted so ill just wrap this up

1: listen to what dudes got to say. take shit into consideration. crits can help

2: but dont let someone control your style. at the end of the day, do your own thaang

3: PM me flicks of your girlfriend, dressed scantily clad or full nude. chadwarden try'na get this nut!

17. NEwker

NEwker Senior Member

Semp: Lived up Norf bro, Royal Skate Park in launnie was my stomping ground for ages, learnt a shitload at that wall. But stuff went a bit sour late '08, and I moved away. ANYWAY, definitely feeling that throw dude, funky style man! Should do me a REVOMER!

Donalingus: Stick to paper. Dimensions are good, letters are all lacking a fair bit.

Arose: Damn! I'm digging all of those throwies, funky as!

18. Semper

Semper Moderator

^i'm in Devonport not much of a graff scene here so if i wanna paint i go to Hobart or Launnie for a weekend. I'd definately be down for an exchange, hit me with an ANGS.

arose i really dig the last one, i've always wanted to put a face in mine but never seems to work, any tips?

im bored today and i cant get motivated to do a piece so im just fucking with throwies. another battle entry.
    image (82).jpeg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. Stene

Stene Senior Member

get-attachment445.jpg
    not really sure if im feeling this one

20. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

looks like my old S, T, and N haha. its kinda sloppy. especially the fill