Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips and paint combos

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by RAWKET, Mar 14, 2016.

Share This Page

1. RAWKET

RAWKET Senior Member

So with all the different paint co. out there and all the various tips I would like to know what are your favorite and worse tip and paint combo? And how they interact with each other? For example a universal thin (banana) sprays like a German thin on most cans but is not compatible with Ironlaks etc.
    Astro Fats spray great on most high pressure brands but have a tendency to blow out on montana golds and spray fairly thin and overspray with an adapter on painters touch rustos etc.

2. drakesang999

drakesang999 Member

Best: Pink dot on Kobra Low-Pressure or Loop, it's sick af for filling
    Worst: Astro Fat + Stencil guard (the plastic special thing that you put over a cap to get thin lines) + Any can You are going to waste all the can on it...

3. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

NY fats or pink dots on flame orange

4. andystayblazin93

andystayblazin93 Member

I have question? Since when has there been so many different paint companies and what's the difference between them?

5. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Been a fair few brands in the game for a while now, Molotow, MTN and Montanna have been there since the early days so you know they're a brand you can trust. A lot of it is personal preference, and that depends what you are using it for. No point getting a skinny pro cap on a 94 to fill in a throw as you'll be there till November. Likewise not much point putting a astro on a can of Hardcore if skinny lines are your thing.

Best advise I can give is try them and see what is clever for you.

For me, its Loop paint all the way, but I am partial to Montanna black. Caps of choice are : Ghetto Blaster/Calligraphy caps and Blue dot softies for blends, Lego caps for Mark up, fill, and Outline. Kak cap and or Loop stock cap for details.

6. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

I like the ironlaks for piecing.
    MTN speed for your fast colours/piecing
    MTN mega/maximo for the big shit or throws

been messing around with a brand called crunch. they arent amazing but i get em from $7.50 AUD for a 600ml can... pretty good considering most 600mls are around $12-15 around here