Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips And Rules For Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

fuck it, i say during the winter time go in with a huge jacket and a baggy tshirt tucked under... stuff like ten cans down your shirt, hands in the front pocket so it doesn't look bulgy and you can adjust it if it's falling.. pretend like you're screaming at someone on the cell as you're walking out.

bada boom bada bing.

2. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

fuck that, wear goddamn snowpants with sweat pants tucked in under neath that and stuff shit in there too.

But that shit about the hands in the front pocket is clever, 'cause a lot of times what I would do with my t-shirt is stretch it out and go into the store with my hands tuggin' on it like I'm bored and stuff, people do weird shit. But sometimes I'd walk out with my hands bouncin' up and down like that and theres no way they'd be able to know there was cans under my shirt.

ALWAYS make sure people can't see your bulge, I'm trying to get a buffer chest so when I suck my stomach in then I can fit more, works perfect for creating a lil pouch and its much less noticeable.

3. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

this kid at my school herby would always keep his hands inside his shirt... like everywhere he went. that hands-in-the-front-of-the-shirt thing made me el oh el.

i was thinking sweatpants once, but i figured it would rattle like fuck as i was walking.

4. framin-It

framin-It Senior Member

as working in the retail world for years, anyone who wnats to rack...rack. i know walmart they must watch you from the time you pick up the item, to the time you leave the store in order to do anything about it. so if you are racking shit from there, go in to the bathrooms and just take a piss. then walk out with the goods. just be sure not to zip up the good in the prosses. and ps, 50% of camera are decoys. not working and not tapeing

5. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

To expand on the poster above me,

First, they must observe you enter the area without the about-to-be-stolen merchandise. This rule is the most often overlooked by APSs, because chances are they won't know you're a thief until you're stealing something.

Second, they have to see you select the merchandise from the shelf or display. They can't risk arresting you for stuff you brought in to the store on your own.

Third, they have to actually see you conceal the merchandise. They are allowed leeway here, because you may have your back to them, but if they see you pick up an item, fiddle with the wrapper, and suddenly the empty wrapper's dropped on the shelf and the item has disappeared, they can make "reasonable assumptions" that you have it hidden on you. Again, someone watching on camera may be able to record you clearly hiding the item, and if it's a fellow APS, the APS on the floor will probably be okay in trusting their judgment. If it's a TPS on camera, the APS is not supposed to take their word on it, but still can if they're willing to risk accepting the legal blame and losing their job if they're wrong.

Fourth, and most importantly, the APS then has to *maintain* observation of you so well that there is *no* reasonable doubt you still have the item on you. This is the hardest bit of any surveillance, because a thief with an item hidden knows they're a time bomb. The thief will start moving more quickly, trying to find a safe way out, ducking around aisles, making it harder for the APS to follow them. This is always a good idea for thieves. Moving quickly, weaving, makes it harder for visual contact to be maintained, and for cameras to follow you. A lot of times a thief good at doubling back and weaving may lose the entire AP dept, and it won't be until later when the tapes are reviewed that they see the thief leaving the store. This gives you every opportunity to dump the stuff if you feel unsafe, and still walk out a free person.

Fifth and last, you then have to actually walk through the doors with the item still on you. All SuperTargets have double doors, and AP plays on this. They will always take you as soon as you pass the first set of doors, inside the foyer. If you haven't left the store with stolen goods, it isn't theft yet, no crime has occurred. APS's are always asked, "Did you have your Five Steps?" to determine if they actually followed the rules. There are lots of mitigating circumstances where they can bend the rules, but overall these ties bind them very tightly, and help you out enormously.

from that totse guide on how to steal from targets and stores alike - http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/scams_and_rip_offs/stealingsupert179426.html

"or instance - if you place a large box under your shirt that's so obvious anyone can see the corners poking out, and the APS loses you during Step Four, but finds you again right at the doors, still poking out squarely, they can act on reasonable assumption that you are still stealing. Or if you clearly are carrying the item in your hand, not concealing it at all, they can ignore that rule too." - this will fuck you over more than anything, theres been times where I had shit stashed and it was quite obvious, those were my closest calls.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  6. SLEEP905

SLEEP905 Senior Member

i heard from some lady that works at michaels that sometimes they throw away the old markers if they get a new shipment, so its a good bet you could just hop in the dumpster and find a few lying around

7. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

I went racking at Rite Aid today, and found out that they had store walkers now. I was racking some dabbers and some fish oil when I saw a guy who kept his eye on me and at first I thought he was a store walker but seeing though that he had stuff in his hands made me believe he was just a shopper too. So I let my guard down, but at the same time I felt like karma was coming back at me.

I slipped the stuff in my bag and as soon as I go to walk out the door, a guy calls me over WITH the store walker next to him and checks my bags. They have a 50dollar policy I suppose. The women in the back kept saying if its over 50dollars, send him to jail. So it only came out to be 16dollars and the guy working there was pretty chill, he was going to let me go but the lady kept bitching about me not be 18.

So my rents had to come and I got away with it cause the guy didn't say what I stole and I just told them that they thought I was stealing cause I had a bag, and the guy went along with it.

8. otm shank

otm shank New Member

i remember people asking about aussie stores and policies
    ive been busted in target, and woolworths, what they do is in woolworths they have undercovers and they stop you out the front of the store and take you to the managers office, if you dont cooperate and say i dont have anything, fuck off and all they have to call the cops over
    if you do they wont have to but ban you from the store
    and if you ripped open the package youll have to pay for it if you didnt you just put it back on the shelve

9. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

he sounds pretty chill
    it sounds like he was just doing his job but trying to protect you from legel action to and your rents. he was probly just thinkin that 'hes already scared enough, lets just let him go home'

10. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

thats what i thought too.
    i was observing the room and someone wrote JAone on a sheet of paper,
    i wanted to ask about it but didnt bother because I was racking supplies [fish oil, some bingo dabbers] and i thought it would hurt me more if they found out it was for graff.

11. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

once i got busted for putting a mini heineken keg in my book bag and i walked out. some old ass cunt was walking .1611432 mile an hour... as i was going to the car, some guy comes out, bitches at me, starts reading my homeboys plate, writing it down. he asked what i took, told us to get out. before getting out i just hand him the keg through the window, like "here man just take it" and he's like "just get out of the god damn car before i call the cops" i get out and buddy is like "you know i gotta admit, stealing a mini keg is ballsy as fuck, and i'm here to tell you write now, i'm not even that old. only 20. i know there's a keg party in the woods, and if you want to steal go to walbaums." i'm like SCRATE!!!

he told us to never come back, and i'm like beeiiitttcchh i don't even live here. he said that just because what i did "took heart" and that he was a cool guy that he wasn't gonna get pigs involved.

12. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

how do you guys go into stores with backpacks and shit, ain't that sketchy as fuck or are those just missions where you go straight in, and duck as all the employees on the way out?

I'm thinking I would be parking over a lot or two in those situations.

13. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Hobbes, liesten to Jakki da Motamouth - Cleptobrainiac. Few good ideas in that one. That song is on his myspace thing I think. And as for the bag, just get like a duffel and stuff it under your shirt, with preferrably a jacket to conceal it. And yeah youll be sketch walkin out, but thats why you need an escape route. You should be mapping every situation out. Just stay on top of the game.

And to simple talkin about the winter coat, I wish I could do that. But I live in Texas right now, and its hot as fucking balls, so that would be sketch as hell.
    But about Michaels..My Ex used to work at the one by me, and shes let me in on some info, at least regarding this location.
    They got cameras hangin down everywhere, or what appears to be cameras. But she told me they were just speakers for the PA system or something. I couldnt believe her, because they looked exactly like cameras, I mean they were in the little black globes and everything. But...Havent had any problems as of yet.
    And they just put in a new Hobby Lobby, no cameras at all. But the paint is locked up right on the end of the aisle.

14. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

backpacks aren't just for school and stealing man. if they say anything just look like a tourist... shit idk, walk in there pretending to read a bus schedule and act like you're lost or some bullshit.

15. lolumad?

lolumad? Senior Member

thats a good fucking idea

16. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

thats actually not half bad... also have a camera and a waist pouch thing hahaha

17. mmmburgers

mmmburgers Elite Member

Alright fellas
    Let me tell you a lil' something about zellers!

First of all, they have the shittiest paint ive ever tried.
    The paint sucks, VERY low coverage, and the color doesnt even look CLOSE to the color of the cap.
    SO, first of all.
    if your gonna steal from zellers
    DO NOT TAKE THE PAINT
    BUUUUT they do have the Just Enough's, and these are actually pretty ballin'

Alright, now...

when you walk into the store DO NOT go straight to the items your gonna steal from. You must "browse" for a bit. And dont ever EVER EVER look at the cameras, once you look at the camera, your fucked. Cause when your stealing, your eye's really give it away. Oh and also, the camera system is like crazy over there. Over at the zellers ive been to, ALL cameras were working, PLUS they watch it in High-def... AND those cameras can follow you... like litterally (well not litterally but kinda) they can zoom in sooo fucking close, they move around 360 degrees. SO in dont ever look at the cameras. thats how i got busted from stealing from zellers.

Kay, so now you know not to look at the cameras. But the security there is tight. like srsly. They got secret shoppers watch out for those motherfuckers. If you ever see a shopper FOLLOWING you, then its most likley a secret shopper. Just try your best to lose them. Oh and also, listen to the intercoms, and listen carfully. I know every 2 seconds its a "Joey please call 356, Joey, 356" But i dont know, but listen out. incase you hear "Security" or something. But ussually if they think your stealing what they will do is a "Security to isle 5" But they're just saying that to scare you. I remember this one time, i put a gatorade in my pants, and as i was walking out i head a "security to isle 8, security, isle 8" and i looked beside me... i was beside a isle 8. And that scared the shit out of me. but of course no one came... so i walked out, and drank my ever so good blue gatorade.

And another thing, when you get busted and they take you into the securty office SHOW SOME FUCKING RESPECT say stuff like "umm... sorry sir i know it was wrong, it wont happen again" and IF your lucky they might let you go with only a ban. Cause remember kids a LITTLE respect can go a LONG way. Dont try to be a smart ass and try to talk back to the security officer, because you probbaly will piss them off. and they WILL get police involved. I remember this one time i got busted with my bro and his friend. And his friend was talking back to the security officer and GUESS WHAT HAPPENED the security officer got pissed off, he called the cops and me and my brother were in jail for about... 7 hours. and what pissed me off the most is that the punk kid didnt get shit, he was only sent home. FUCK. but anyways respect, its always a good thing. if you show respect to zellers they will treat you with respect.

Oh and ONE MORE THING, zellers has a policy... when you get busted, they WILL say that they are gonna mail you a fine. and you have to pay it, but i talked to my lawyer and she said that you DO NOT have to pay it. so yeah, keep that in mind kids.

Umm... thats it for now about zellers... in conclusion.
    DO NOT:
    Look at the cameras
    talk back to ANYONE
    rack paint from zellers CAUSE IT FUCKING SUCKS

and remeber ITS NOT STEALING UNTILL YOU LEAVE THE STORE. so if you think zellers is on to you, find a empty isle and ditch everything. and walk out freeeee.

well yeah thats about it... i think?

18. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Its like that for every store. If you think your about to get caught, just leave everything behind and they will let you go.

Good post.

19. Hobbes

Hobbes Senior Member

yeah if any store ever tries to give you a fine, DONT FUCKING PAY IT. You don't have to, and its illegal to do that I believe.

Same shit happened when I was younger, they got all their merchandise back and shit, and tried to fine for like 200 bucks when I probably didn't even take $50 worth of shit.

It has to go to court and shit for them to be able to really get anything out of you.

I know some stores have certain policies, like if its under x$ of dollars, but do you think there's a dollar amount that no store would bother with? You know, like if its under $25 then no matter what the store they'd just be like "fuck it give us back our shit and don't come back"

I think shoplifting is a really dumb shit thing to get busted for, I don't want to have to run out of stores because someone wants to arrest me for fucking $10 of shit.

I wonder how many stores are smart enough to meet you outside, that'd be my biggest fear, I mostly make sure no one is following me and no people are waiting at the door, but if their outside around the corner as soon as you walk out, its kinda like "fuck..." I guess that's why its good to run fast.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  20. BigBlueViolence

BigBlueViolence Elite Member

Dude, it ain't that hard. Don't dress like a thug and don't sweat it. The only reason I'd park away from the store was if I was gonna fill baskets up

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008