Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips For Clean Lines

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by EvokeOne, Jul 12, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Heklr

Heklr Banned

This...

...And this.

:)

2. STARPLAYER

STARPLAYER Senior Member

3. STARPLAYER

STARPLAYER Senior Member

4. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

hahaha is that you ??!! using cardboard for sharp lines hahaha fkn jerk!

5. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

some big bullshit right there.

6. Stoked2PaintNY

Stoked2PaintNY Senior Member

hugeee bullshit with the masking tape but the cardboard trick is pritty old school

7. cincygraff

cincygraff Member

pick letters that you are comfortable with, not because of the name. get a good straight letter down also that helps. but dont focus on the simple original structure of the letter, this will help you originate your own style so it easier for you to paint. NY fats are good for filling and outlining too i would recommend them, dont focus to hard on getting a straight line or it will make you mess up, just express with flow and time. make your own letter style and structure so you are comfortable painting it.

8. Fury

Fury Elite Member

^ I disagree, you should pick a name that sounds good and then work on the letters later. You can't be writing YGWTA just because you like the letters.

Refer to Heklr's post everybody.

9. meagananema

meagananema Member

10. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

someone gave me the best piece of advice ever when i first started graffiti and im so glad he did. the trick is too not point the can up or down and flow with the can. FLOW WITH THE CAN, i cant say that enough, become one with the can. i know that sounds super weird but it will help so much. to practice not moving my wrist in the begining i would take those yellow kitchen gloves, put a rubber band around my write and then put the can around the rubber band this kinda restricts how much you move your wrist. after a while i decided high pressure cans would be better suited for my handstyle and ive been using them ever since. high pressure cans just react a lot more to your moment, which could be a very good thing for some people or a very bad thing. some people disagree with me because high pressure is suposed to just cover a wider area faster and low pressure is suposed to be for clean handstlyes but i find high pressure being very good if you write fast.

11. ealkrab1er

ealkrab1er Member

Try to lock your wrist so you don't have shaky hands

12. ILUVCASH

ILUVCASH Senior Member

Yeah just find a way to get lots of paint often and just find a place to practice, go back and go over a spot you reserved twice or more a week. And when your not painting draw shit

13. triphippie

triphippie Member

Definately practice bro nothing beats that

14. triphippie

triphippie Member

True story bro your name is the most importanft thing not because it looks cool but because people know your pieces from the faggot biters out ther