Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toronto

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by mindo, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. field marshal

field marshal Senior Member

^^^^^^^^that rony ill

i know there was a "tcm" crew but i have seen "tmc" tags too? any one know

2. bla!

bla! Senior Member

nervermind edit

3. ->toNE*

->toNE* Elite Member

4. mindo

mindo Elite Member

anyone know what?

there was TCM and then many years later along came Tacks with TMC crew....they have nothing to do with each other.

5. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

i didn't know teck and rony were old school, isn't HFB only 10 years old now?

bla, i shake my head at you

6. bla!

bla! Senior Member

well it is oldschool to me man.

maybe your a super dupper writer who has been writnig for 10 years.

7. Dark~Ninja

Dark~Ninja Senior Member

8. KaSe01

KaSe01 Elite Member

u talkin about the green recka handstyle holmes?

9. mindo

mindo Elite Member

u talkin about the green recka handstyle holmes? [/b][/quote]
    someone asked the exact same question about a pink Recka tag a while ago...how is it that all these new kids coming up have no idea who any of the older writers are? do you just pick up a can and think it's cool to start shit...why not do some research before you jump into things...would you start a new job without researching what was going on around you? don't think so.

10. DENSR

DENSR Senior Member

Your right mind, if you dont know the history, you wont make it far.

11. dcite

dcite Elite Member

thats a lame statement, how could you insult someone for not knowing whose handstyle they're looking at; especially one that isnt obviously readable. and how else would you educate yourself other than asking questions??

12. mindo

mindo Elite Member

obviously the first time i sae it, i had no idea who it was either, but that was about 8 or 9 years ago. if you are going out and looking at the pieces in the city and actually taking an interest in the art side of things rather than just sitting behind a computer screen and asking questions, then you'll go much farther in terms or knowing what the hell is going on. History is still out there, it just takes longer to find it now. Back when i started there was Recka pieces everywhere you would look, along with many other of the names most of these kids look up to...now everyones names are changing or new jacks are coming up and it's harder to find the originals. And you're right..it's not an OBVIOUS handstyle...but if you took the time to look at it and deconstruct it then you would be able to see the letters pretty clearly, if you're just looking at it as a whole all you're going to see is random lines looping all over the damn place. It doesn't take much to stop and look and remove all the extensions to find the letters. It's not a straight forward art form, which is why it's not for everyone.

Asking quesions is a good way to educate yourself, but there's some things that are better off found out through personal research.

i'm curious to know where i insulted someone for not knowing something tho...i'm pretty sure i was pointing out the fact that someone else had already asked this same question, and then questioning something else...there wasn't anywhere in mystatement that had any sort of insulting undertone, it's more of a "what the hell is the scene coming to" kind of a statement.

13. DENSR

DENSR Senior Member

14. disposable_hero

disposable_hero Elite Member

im feelin that first densr but the second ones mehh keep taht shit up

15. DENSR

DENSR Senior Member

16. mindo

mindo Elite Member

clean it up a bit and throw in some colours..i'd like to see those with a little bit of time spent on them. may end up lookin really sick.

17. DENSR

DENSR Senior Member

yea i am planning to, i tried to just grab the attention of what it was painted on, all the tags and everything. I plan on hitting some with colour.

18. OrokuSaki

OrokuSaki Senior Member

recka has the dopest handstyle in the city 4 sure.

19. mesc_oner

mesc_oner Elite Member

fuck you fucking fagget

20. Frank White

Frank White Senior Member

please believe, recka has one of the most original styles in the whole city, and he has been holding down for over a decade