Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Blackbook Ex-change.

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by clockwork, Oct 17, 2006.

Share This Page

1. cirus905

cirus905 Senior Member

you're joking right. if it's not a piece what would you call it then? just because it's not coloured and doesnt have a character doesnt mean it's not a piece. [/b][/quote]
    i would call it a burner.. if i were to even go that far..

PIECE
    A graffiti painting, short for masterpiece. It's generally agreed that a painting must have at least three colors to be considered a piece
    from wikipedia if u wanna get technical!

piece (short form of masterpiece)
    A large and labor-intensive graffiti painting. Pieces often incorporate 3-D effects, arrows, and many colors and color-transitions, as well as various other effects. Originally shorthand for masterpiece, considered the full and most beautiful work of graffiti). A piece requires more time to paint than a throw-up. If placed in a difficult location and well executed it will earn the writer more respect. Piece can also be used as a verb that means: "to write". Super kool 223 is often credited as the inventor of piecing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti_terminology

this shit is common sense.. research yur shit

2. nase7

nase7 Senior Member

Ciras you dont have a clue do your research you toy and not on wikpedia, maybe ask a real writer.

3. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

hey Cirus, you know random people can change wikipedia...but it is a piece, not a pretty one but a piece nonetheless.

4. cirus905

cirus905 Senior Member

what are u talking about ?? if ur gonna claim that im wrong then at least write something to back it up.. what that kid drew is not a piece.. no offense but its garbage and all the letters look fucked.. im not tryin to rag on the kids style at all but all i said was its not a piece... if your gonna start in on this arguement that wasnt even directed at you... u could at least make a valid point instead of yappin out riff raff bullshit E BEEF..

5. cirus905

cirus905 Senior Member

example of a piece..

View attachment 259476

edit** heres a definition thru the artcrimes website..

PIECE
    A graffiti painting, short for masterpiece. It's generally agreed that a painting must have at least three colors to be considered a piece
    http://www.graffiti.org/faq/graffiti.glossary.html
    and just bcuz u can change definitions on wikipedia doesnt mean that the information is inaccurate.

6. nase7

nase7 Senior Member

Cirus you need to calm down luv, you come on here with no experience about graffiti and tell people that a piece isnt a piece and expect to be right. You need to have some respect. Its a piece accept it..

Edit: just because its dope, has a char and fill doesnt make it a piece its the structure of the letters that make a piece.

7. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

cirus-that would be a mural...which contains pieces, characters, colors etc...there is no exact definition of a piece. So mr. graffiti dictionary, what is the thing sam posted then? a throwup? a tag? Why rely on exact definitions on a website? If something was dope and had arrows, connections, dope letters and only two colors you're telling me it's not a piece?

edit: and you said you would call it a burner, but if you go by wikipedia, than a piece is a burner, looks like someone contradicted himself.

8. cirus905

cirus905 Senior Member

im not tryin to start no e beef so stop acting like a girl.. ive been graffin for a long time bro and by the way we are in the TOYS forum in which most kids on this forum no jack shit. a piece is something that has alot of time and thought put into it quit tryin to be so smart and just take the crits. i wasnt even talking to either of you so maybe you should find a beef thread to post ur bullshit or maybe even post a flik
    View attachment 259486

9. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

how am I acting like a girl?

how long you've been "graffin" cause it doesn't seem like you been doing it too long, and I'm not beefin' your just over reacting, I was just saying that it is a piece, because it is, now if you have anything else to say just PM me or something, don't fill this thread with anymore bullshit.

10. cirus905

cirus905 Senior Member

POST A FLIK AND THER WOULD BE NO SHIT... I HAVENT SEEN ANY OF YOUR WORK IN A WHILE SO LETS GO.. IM DOWN FOR A BATTLE ANYTIME IF U DOUBT MY SKILLS

11. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

12. SQUAD77

SQUAD77 Senior Member

YEA SUME!!!
    ill!!!!

13. TESTER

TESTER Senior Member

Sume thats dope, luv'n the colors

14. -GEKS-

-GEKS- Elite Member

haha i bet once he saw that thing he decided to close his silly mowth.

altho maybe he is right in this argoment, i dont feel like reading the whole page

15. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

a burner is generally a peice with a lot of colours...i consider a burner a widlstyle i dont know about the rest of you.

it's evident that this kid has no idea what he's talking about so just leave his sorry ass alone.

16. revolt92

revolt92 Banned

Hahahahaha this made me laugh, dude you expect to be as good as this guy, he's one of the best in the toy forums. And please don't over react about this comment cause i seriously can't be fucked to argue with you.

peace

17. Dream Creation

Dream Creation Senior Member

sumoe wat pens u use on that i need some dude

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Senior Member

what up sumoe u know that shit is hot im feelin that fade fo sho!

want to trade??? hit me up thru PM cuz i might forget to check

View attachment 259662

ANYONE ELSE I WILL TRADE WITH YOU IF YOU DONT SUCK, PLEASE SEND A PM!

19. cirus905

cirus905 Senior Member

man fuck the toy forums altogether. what started as a simple post i made ended up with of this b.s. you kids are tellin me to drop it yet u still talkin some shit..what i dont understand is why the kid i was actually talkin to hasnt even said anything.. i dont care whether im right or wrong about the whole piece/burner shit so calm yourselves. stop all the graff on graff violence.. wer all writers so i dont get y everyones gotta burn each other.

sume.. that shit is fresh man take back what i said about the battle i get cocky when im pissed.

atesk.. all i have to say is shut the fuck up.. ur tellin ppl to leave "my" sorry ass alone yet u still manage to try and burn me..

20. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

nah, I wasn't beefin' just you said you never seen my shit, just a little argument nothin' to sweat over.