Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Slaps

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by B0RD, Jul 2, 2019.

Share This Page

1. B0RD

B0RD New Member

New to the scene, so toy af.. Just looking for some constructive crit, it'd be dope to be able to see some other slaps as well.. More than willing to reciprocate.

20190701_235409.jpg

20190701_234054.jpg

20190630_153651.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. B0RD

B0RD New Member

Another one

IMG_20190701_122039_001.jpg

3. Cmb337

Cmb337 Member

Looking at your last example.
    B, R and D are all straight lines with curves off of them. Try getting your R to look exactly like your B except for the part that doesn't come back to the line at the bottom. The D comes back to the line so anything to the left of the line should match the B.
    Use that open end at the bottom of the R to work with and an O that needs style ( not so much a fill) .
    " Cana and honest"are legible. Moter (I'm guessing) used bends and punctuation to balance his hand style, it flows , but he needs to work on the legibility.
    Hit the book , maybe write left to right not top to bottom. Toss the eggshells and caricatures. Get a sharpie.
    Handstyle is about a legible name that flows.

4. B0RD

B0RD New Member

Much appreciated feedback, duly noted and I'll definitely work on my consistency with the flow of my letters and not so much extras although they're already becoming a habit .

5. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

6. Cmb337

Cmb337 Member

I dont write this and wont, it needs work, but I can use it to point out what I was saying.
    - Its legible
    - The letters should be the same size (height)
    - The P,H, N and Z all have the same curve before the drop on top.
    - the H and the Z have the same bend at the bottom
    - I used the H to fill in the blank space in the O and used it to start the N
    - no over used punctuation or gimmicks.
    - it has a flow and is easy to read.
    - I can write that in roughly the same amount of time it takes to put a slap up.
    - feeling the flow is important , your style is your expression of you. That's why writters get pissed when people bite their style.

The blue arrows are to point out my talking points. Not part of the handstyle
    20190702_134428.jpg

7. B0RD

B0RD New Member

Great visual example, thank you for this. I can understand what you meant much better now. Props.