Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Toy Stencils, Stickers, Posters

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by S2!, Feb 17, 2006.

Share This Page

1. SuprTnr2

SuprTnr2 Senior Member

a black outline around the whole piece or where specifically? I can probably do it tonight before i turn it in tomorrow, sooo

2. BBoy_ErbN

BBoy_ErbN Senior Member

I get the basic concept of stencils.

But I have tried to do some facial ones of some friends and I just can't get it. (Don't worry, the facials are covered of our friends that are HOUNDREDS of MILES away, not that stupid).

Plus just for personal use, not for putting up everywhere.

Anyways,

anyone got somebasic tips or a basic photo I could use for practice?

too see if I am converting it right or anything.

Cheers.

3. BUGZ G.S.B.

BUGZ G.S.B. Senior Member

how do i make a stencil, cuz mi charecter is bugs bunnys head, and wen i tried to make it it came out fucked up

4. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

You need an exacto knife, or something like it, cardboard for beginner, it's cheap and if you've got old shitty records, you can get the cardboard from that.
    If you've ever had an art class, it's like relief printing.

5. BBoy_ErbN

BBoy_ErbN Senior Member

yeah I got a craft knife and I know the print, laminate cut theory.

But I am about turning pictures into stencils...

I try the shading tricks with photoshop but I can never get them right **like the stencil revolution tutorial**...

they just don't look good, I guess could be bad photos I'm choosing.

But yeah, only works on basic designs for me.

6. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Um, not necessarily. If the pictures have too much detail, that could be a problem. Use your eyes instead of the computer.

7. BBoy_ErbN

BBoy_ErbN Senior Member

I am just not sure how to go about it,

no one I know has ever done stencils and I have only done REAL basic ones. The only way I saw how to do pics was that stencil revolution one.

Sorry for sounding like a real toy here but I am so new to graffiti, been a bboy/beatboxer for 5years and only just getting into this now.

Could you post a pic of an actual stencil cutout so I can see what they actually look like?

**if you know what I mean**

**p.s. 4am here and been out drinking, kinda slow**

8. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

9. BBoy_ErbN

BBoy_ErbN Senior Member

Ah okman

thanks for that.

I get what you mean now.

I guess I was just too lazy to do that and wanted the quick solution. :D :p

10. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Yeah, well sometimes you get lucky and people tell you the right way to do it. If you use your eyes rather than a computer. You can take a mental picture if you see something and mix it with other ideas in your head and then put it on paper.

11. BBoy_ErbN

BBoy_ErbN Senior Member

I have had some ideas in mymind but just havent thought how to put them to stencil,

now I know ;).

Hopefully I'll be posting them soon :D

12. bacK-home

bacK-home Senior Member

all of them are good i like Fate's happy tree friends guy that one was pretty tight, and the camera

13. greateromaha

greateromaha New Member

alright i've always wondered. that stencil is pretty big right? so how do you transport these things from place to place? do you dismantle it or somehting because thats too big to fit into something. plus what do you do after its wet do you hang out and wait for it to dry or just wrap it in paper or something.

14. SuprTnr2

SuprTnr2 Senior Member

You can put them in a big shopping bag or just hold it under your arm, people dont usually question. As for covering it, wax paper usually works well

15. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

16. Fate

Fate Elite Member

alright i've always wondered. that stencil is pretty big right? so how do you transport these things from place to place? do you dismantle it or somehting because thats too big to fit into something. plus what do you do after its wet do you hang out and wait for it to dry or just wrap it in paper or something. [/b][/quote]
    its two pieces of bristol board tape together, so its like a hinge (sp).it folds in half
    theres two ways i carry large stencils.
    1. a large art portfolio, i has a strap to carry it like a purse.
    2. line a peice of card/bristolboard with wax paper and put that against the stencil and roll it up and put it in a postertube or garbage bag

also i spray the large ones with spray adhesive and let it dry a bit. then put it on the wall for clean lines.

stencils are easy everyone should be able to make tight ones.

17. Fate

Fate Elite Member

18. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

Lol, I did it in like 5 minutes to show him what I meant.
    Besides, I dont' know how to use a computer to revert a picture to stencil...

19. Fate

Fate Elite Member

not necissarliy doing anything to the photo, just turn it black and white print it out, tape it to the cardboard and cut it that way. you could do a real nice job on that stencil,a layer fot the hat, layer for the skin, an eye layer,and then the lines.

20. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

The only way I know how to do layers is the exact same way I do it for silk screen printing...Is that the same idea?