Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Train Security

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Shampoo, Jul 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. dcite

dcite Elite Member

yeah ive walked into train yards to take pictures acouple times and most of the time they feel almost abandoned, like theres no one there at all.

2. shyone

shyone Elite Member

3. Earsone2004

Earsone2004 Member

I live right by a freight yard and ive hit up there in day time, by now once in a while you'll see some wanna be security. At night theres no one its empty. Been hitting it for about 3-4 years now.

4. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

i cannot find any freight yards around me...but i know there is freights cuz i live across the street from an alley, and up the alley there is train trax n i watch the freight go by all the time.....how do u guys find your freightyards/where are they usually located?

im not asking for any1 to tell me where 1 is, im just askin how to find 1, im not lookin to steal no1s yard or anything :ph34r:

5. crazee

crazee Senior Member

if theres anybody from brisbane austraila here could u tell me how to hit the commuter trains becuase i no theres a massive train yard down near the rna showgrounds but i live in highgate hill and im 12 so its kinda hard to get to there?

6. expo

expo Senior Member

i've been thinking the samething because i only paint by myself so it's not like i can just call someone up and ask

7. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

in london u cant get in the subway so u have ta find the lay ups. but they have some pretty tight security on them. ah well. i go tracking. no guards along the track

8. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/

Find your city and actually find out by visually finding the train yards. Really easy I think :p

9. Alchohlics_Anonymous

Alchohlics_Anonymous Elite Member

^nice linkage! or you can download keyhole and you can zoom in and shit. its alot better than terraserver. theres a 7 day free trial with it:

www.keyhole.com

10. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

It's how I find all my places to hit. Walking around and looking is all good but it's even better when you have a map.

11. "awesome"ONE

"awesome"ONE Elite Member

What's a list of things you have to do when going into trainyards?

12. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

Many trainyards *boxcar trainyards* are automated *at least in my city they are*. Simply meaning it's a guy behind a screen with a joystick moving the trains back and forth. It's very rare to see any form of security out there outside of normal work hours.

When it comes to weekends, it's a paradise. Usually on saturday I can go out for 5-6 hours straight and paint box cars without even the slightest fear of being caught.

Most important thing about being in the train yard though is to correctly step onto and off of a train, especially if it starts moving.

To step onto a moving train *which I dont recommend!*, there is a step rung below the ladder, step onto this using which ever foot is closest to it. When doing this also hold onto the side of the ladder. Use the momentum of the moving train to pull yourself up lifting your other leg sysmotaniously *sp*. It's important to do it this way or there is a very good chance to sprain or break your ankle.

NEVER EVER step onto the wheel, regardless if the train is moving or not. Many trains are automated and no one is going to be there to hear your screams if the wheel cuts your foot off!

Now that the safety shit is done with, graff supplies especially on the weekends, lots of paint doesn't hurt. I've taken whole duffel bags of paint out there. Have a good amount of Fat Caps. I'm very favored toward german fats, if you're doing full cars top down you might need pink dots.

Biggest thing though is learning how to climb cars. I've never had the police ever know how to climb a car, which makes escape easy.

13. "awesome"ONE

Alright Thanks alot man for explainin, do you have any tips on climbing by any chance? if not that's okay.

14. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

Step ONLY on the designated latters and catwalks when passing across the car. It can depend jumping from boxcar top to boxcar top depending on the track spacing. Stay out of going inside box cars because the lock from the outside. Once you're in and the doors are shut thats it. If you need more height to get top down painting bring a small step stool. Some people are able to do splits between the cars if the track lengths are short enough between, usually they are. Just be sure to keep all feet, limbs, etc away from the wheels and rails as much as possiable.

[Broken External Image]:http://picserver.org/view_image.php/I0UX2S5J30T9/128/p.gif

Sometimes when bringing a step stool is impractical you can climb onto the boxcar by pulling yourself up onto the door and moving around that way. Be careful not to fall, especially fall in a fashion that would leave your legs on the tracks.

15. "awesome"ONE

alright man thanks again i'll keep those things in mind, you've been a big help.

16. CL3ver1

CL3ver1 Elite Member

haha no offense but you sounded like a roller coaster warning "keep all hands arms and other parts away from wheels" haha but yeh on a serial tip i gotta keep all dat shit in mind....o yeh theres like mad "ghetto" ppl as in wanna be gangstaz who sorta tagg around the trains an shit 1st tyme i went there i almost got jumped if it wasnt for my fence jumping skillz...anyways if im paintin an they decide to run up what do i do i mean besides brake out the sawn-off?

17. MrCzar

MrCzar Senior Member

In the 50's and 60's in shit kids getting limbs taken off was a big problem because of kids playing in the train yard. LOL that is funny though.

18. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

whats the best way to get OFF a train if it starts moving?

also, is there anything like terraserver but for canada? or a program like keyhole but works for mac?

19. carne

carne Member

a few months ago some guy died for a doller when he touched the third rail money hungry pig

20. Alchohlics_Anonymous

Alchohlics_Anonymous Elite Member

haha if i saw a buck, id go for it. and i think there is a terraserver for mac on the site. just gotta look a little bit.