Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Vancouver

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by CashFlowJoe, Dec 13, 2004.

Share This Page

1. COBALT

COBALT Elite Member

2. New White Kicks

New White Kicks Senior Member

Show your support for the local scene and come by a new deck for spring or grab some fresh new gear, art, or paint! Shit gonna be dope! BH,NWK,VTS,POS and more
    see ya there
    ai9.photobucket.com_albums_a81_ensoe_n837745290_2347415_3133.jpg

3. abusingpcpkills

abusingpcpkills Senior Member

4. BustRollBurn

BustRollBurn Member

Anyone got the haps on Leesides skateability these days....? havent been around in quite some time heard most of it was gone...then again that was quite a while ago.

PS bump to thatat easer !

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  5. Erie.

Erie. Member

the local skaters have built alot more shit

6. Erie.

Erie. Member

laker man shut the fuck up im telling you right now to fight me and your to shook
    so watch what you say cause right now the situation aint lookin to goood for you toy.

7. abusingpcpkills

abusingpcpkills Senior Member

hahahaha its funny i dont see any of ur wack ass shit
    and as for frontin u went over me so
    meet up with me laker
    or are you too scared? huh u say u dont want beef then u just send random posts like that
    seems to me like ur askin for beef
    i dont see why u have to be such a little puss
    besides when i see u
    ur fuckin done

8. lance uppercut

lance uppercut Banned

i see people there skateing all the time. theres alot of makeshift concrete work and a couple 1/4 pipes i think?

9. DENO.ONE!

DENO.ONE! Senior Member

yo laker is it you that writes lacker 1 ?

10. einsamkeit

einsamkeit Senior Member

11. Erie.

Erie. Member

hahhaa man your a fucking joke my scribbles seem to be bothering you enough hahaa why you gotta be such a little bitch either fight me or bow down thats how is.

12. PHAKTAH

PHAKTAH Senior Member

Rask is killing you lake.
    I dunno why you wanna take this onto a public forum.. should have kept it off here. If you're gonna talk shit for everyone to see, go take your spots back from us... but wait, you don't want beef? remember?

13. New White Kicks

Just battle it out guys.. If fist fly when you meet, thats another chapter...

14. werdoner

werdoner Senior Member

awww.canada.com_images_spacer.gif awww.canada.com_images_headings_en_head_canadacom.gif Monday » March 17 » 2008
    VPD cops wiped off city's anti-graffiti beat
    Community coordinator braces for 'spray bombs'
    Naoibh O'ConnorVancouver Courier
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008

[Broken External Image]:http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/1246...-192ad0df93e0/vpdcopswipedoffcitys.jpg?size=lCREDIT: Photo-Dan ToulgoetThe VPD's decision to disband the anti-graffiti unit has prompted predictions of increased 'tagging' throughout Vancouver.The Vancouver Police Department is blaming staff shortages for its removal of officers from its two-member anti-graffiti unit.
    Formed in the early 2000s, the unit reported a 77 per cent drop in graffiti in its first three years through work with the city's graffiti management program.
    The unit created a database of taggers and their profiles, which helped in investigations.
    Vancouver Police Department spokesman Const. Tim Fanning said the officers are being pulled from the unit because they were needed on patrol to help with 911 calls. "We're looking at hiring, hopefully many more officers over the next couple of years," he added. "As soon as our strength's up, then we'll be able to have the anti-graffiti unit running again. It's basically on hold. It's not being shut down."
    But the decision worries Daniel Paquin, coordinator of the city's anti-graffiti program, which enjoyed a close relationship with the officers in the unit. "They're not saying they're closing the anti-graffiti unit, but having no officers there the result is the same," he said. "No investigations will be made on graffiti issues. We're quite concerned about this because we all work together here and if we cannot have anyone investigating prolific taggers and catching them, then we're in for a big battle here in the city. It's going to be a mess, especially now that 2010's approaching and the culture out there. The word is out--Vancouver is going to get bombed. That means spray bombed."
    Paquin suspects taggers will take advantage of the news and vandalize property, photograph it and put it on the Internet. The city's anti-graffiti program staff also work with property-use inspectors, the engineering department and a graffiti removal contractor, Goodbye Graffiti, to manage the graffiti problem.
    The city program has worked recently with Burnaby and New Westminster to establish a Metro Vancouver task force. But those efforts might be hurt by the police unit's cuts. "There's nothing we can do here. We do not enforce the laws here. It's the police that does that," Paquin said. "We're hoping that officers working the beat or patrol officers will be a little bit more vigilant and look for these taggers."
    Patrol officers have made arrests in the past when they've caught taggers in the act and charged them with mischief. But now they won't be able to transfer case files to a specific unit, which would investigate the incident more deeply.
    Paquin pointed to a new tagger, identifying himself as "Joe," who's been hitting the Broadway corridor. His office has a lead on Joe's identity and what school he attends. Paquin would typically pass the information on to the police's anti-graffiti unit, who would pursue it with the school liaison officer. The officer could then prepare a case against the offender with the unit's database of tags.
    Vancouver has seen a recent increase in graffiti with the resurgence of hip-hop culture and the popularity of tagging in videogames and advertisements. "There's quite a few people that are disturbed [about the members being removed from the unit]," Paquin said, adding, "Vancouver was the first municipality in Canada to form an anti-graffiti unit, and I get emails from all over the place on the planet... People are interested because graffiti has gone down quite a bit in Vancouver. [This news] is having a big effect on all of us in this business."

© Vancouver Courier 2008​

awww.canada.com_images_b_close_window.gif

awww.canada.com_images_L_dashed.gif awww.canada.com_images_spacer.gif Copyright © 2008 CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications, Inc.. All rights reserved.
    CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest MediaWorks Publications, Inc.. All rights reserved.

15. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

16. DENO.ONE!

DENO.ONE! Senior Member

laker im confused :S is that a yes or no ?

17. New White Kicks

:eek:

18. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

19. LeathaFace

LeathaFace Senior Member

20. nastyness

nastyness Member

nice old man throwing it up in the 2nd last pic