Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Vegetarians And Vegans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dajam410, Nov 17, 2006.

Share This Page

1. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

heres a mind blowing reason

you dont like the taste of meat!!!

2. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

but you were just bitching about the means in which the animals were killed

youre not even vegan, so why are you arguing in their defense?

3. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

better question youre not vege or vegan so what are you doing in this thread!!!!

ohh yeah beefing
    in a vege thread
    ironic

4. vegimite on wholemeal

vegimite on wholemeal Senior Member

i dont get what your arguing then

about the conveiniance

you said
    "and why is convience worng?
    it is what makes us depend perservatives and synthetic addins and have no empathy for what these animals go through"

conveince is good cause its CONVEINIANT
    it is NOT conveiniant to have a stock of cattle, and a cage of chickens that i have to slaughter everytime i want to eat, and i have shot animals before that were to be used as meat and it didn't phase me, buying meat from the store dont make me apathetic, i dont give a shite about the animals in the first place, call me horrible and ask how i would like a tiger to shoot me for his dinner all you want, SURE that wouldnt be nice, but it aint gonna happen, so i will buy all the meat i want

and im not dependant on preservatives and additives and if i COULD eat natural i WOULD but i dont because ONE, its NOT conveiniant (scannin EVERY label, going to special stores, not being able to eat out) and TWO it costs more

and id rather spend my money on beer than preservative free food

oh and the big 3, I HEART MEAT

5. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

which is your choice
    i choose differently
    simple as that

6. vegimite on wholemeal

yay, everybody wins!

lets get some recipes up in here

7. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

lmao

8. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

everyone but the poor slaughtered animals :p

lol im joking

9. elcs

elcs Elite Member

10. yakrian

yakrian Senior Member

To quote Koper from the Fameless forums...

In other news, I used to be Vegetarian myself...then I realised I was hungry... <_<

11. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

My wifes uncle has this tiny little dog that will jump up on your lap just to growl at you and if you try and pet him, he'll bite you. He even snaps at little kids randomly...

I'd like to eat him.

Aside from that, I feel a little bit of remorse for being a meat eater. Sure it's natural, but I could never kill an animal myself, so I don't feel like I've got any buisiness eating them. Just my oppinion... (not like I ever followed thru w/it...)

Except for that bastard dog.... I'd put his punk ass on a bed of rice with a nice yogurt curry...

12. yakrian

yakrian Senior Member

On a random note, it's amusing to see the myriad of different ways people misspell "Vegetarian"...Saddening, in all honesty.

13. d_g

d_g Elite Member

I'm vegan.

I don't see myself as pushy, I don't really care what other people eat, I do what feels right for me.

I don't feel unhealthy, I know lots of vegans who are healthy. On a side note the studys that show vegans are unhealthy are usually put out by meat companies. They get starving african kids that live on dirt (they acutally do eat dirt) and compare them to healthy meat eating people, I'd take those studys with a grain of salt.

To someone who asked earlier about beer. Most beer is vegan. Some of it is fined (made clear) with animals byproducts, either geletine or isinglass. Most good beer should follow German beer laws which say you can't use finings in beer.

Why am I vegan?

I don't think it's right for me (or someone else) to kill something with feelings for me to eat.(someone will want to debate with me whether animals have feelings or not, I beleive they do, so I'll give them the benifit of the doubt). The step from vegetarianism to veganism wasn't big for me. I used hardly any milk and not much eggs. The only thing I missed a lot was cheese but I got over that quickly. They way animals are treated on milk and egg farms is pretty shit.

Another thing for the 'humans are supposed to eat meat people' how come the rest of meat eating animals have a means to catch and eat their prey without any tools at all.

For you to consume chicken or beef it has to be killed by the use of a gun, knife etc, I'd really like a meat eater to run into a field and take down a cow with their own body. It then has to be cut up into managable proportions, try doing that raw with your teeth. In some cases we have to tenderise it too, don't see a lion doing that, and also the majority of you have to cook your meat as well, can't remember the last time I saw a bear get out its barbeque.

14. def.

def. Senior Member

i have been vegetarian for the last six years. roughly one third of my life.

i could probably go vegan if i wanted to but i kind of don't. so yeah...

15. MFGrimm

MFGrimm Senior Member

gotta go with DG on this one... my sisters what you call vegetarian i guess...she doesent eat most meat because she doesent like the thought ive animals beign bred to be slaughtered, respectable. but if she really craves something she'll eat it.
    which is a better concept then saying "even tho KFC is the best tasting thing ever, i cant eat it because im a vegan" just do what you think is right...just because you dont eat some meat, dont see anything wrong with eating some meat.

w.e diffrent for everybody

16. explosivo_420

17. explosivo_420

"According to industry reports, more than 1 million pigs die in transport each year, and an additional 420,000 are crippled by the time they arrive at the slaughterhouse"

mind you this is just a number goveg.org pulled out of their ass....corrilation between vegi's and stoners?

they do like their herbs, plants and other healthy mind body and soul cleaning

18. vegimite on wholemeal

19. Fatsoe

Fatsoe Member

I have no problem with vegetarian/vegan people, however when these people claim to have more respect for life than I have it shits me. I eat what I have to in order to sustain my life, sometimes that involves meat and others it involves vegetables. I don't really see a point in depriving yourself of something you can get nutrients from (unless you only do it in order to justify behaving better than everyone else).
    When people say to me that they have respect for life and say that they are pro life (anti abortion), vegetarian and such their naivity bothers me. Plants are living organisms. The bacteria you kill when you use soap is a living organism.
    I believe that placing your self into a specific group in society that claims to have more respect for life than someone who eats meat you are kidding yourself.
    I would eat a vegan/vegetarian dish but would not call it a vegan/vegetarian dish.

20. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

i dontlike when vegens try and convert you to not eat meat