Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

W_G_O_N_E vs Phat 2 - "HERSTE"

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by Msfyt, Sep 27, 2010.

Share This Page

?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2010.
  1. wgone

47.4%
  2. phat2

52.6%
  1. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

Agreed, and no, you don't have to copy from an existing font. sure straight simps maybe you do but then you branch out and make your own font. I just don't know, I can't explain it but I feel what you did was tried to trick us into thinking you made up that font. If no one had caught that bite, people would have though you straight up made that font. It's not wrong to bite a letter in my opinion, I do it all the time, it a good way to start with a base for a letter, but I usually modify it a ton afterwards to the point where you can barely tell any resemblance to original letter, your letters were pure bites. That's why I think Wgone should win now, because at least his is original, while not crazy original, still more original then tracing an existing font.

2. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

well i knew theres was somthin fishy about your entry phat , i mean i kept goin back and lookin at the toy battles and your three way battle with nouveau and i am like where the fuck did this piece come from. so now i know. and i have never once used a font or let alone even been lookin at a font when i sketch man , just kinda go with what i feel or sumthin along those lines. and res4 thanks for checkin it out i had a feeling there was some ballot stufffin goin on. and phat that was a bite , copying is biting man.my letters are not copied from shit either there homie , and that is what you said "they are copied from regular upper case fonts" if my memory serves me correct. so if u move on good luck but i would try and do somthing original , just try it you might like it..........lmfao

3. posher

posher Senior Member

WGONE should win. no question.

4. bring_the_MASe

bring_the_MASe Senior Member

its funny that hes still getting votes....even after seeing that... how many new accounts have been added this time? ip check!

5. Asis

Asis Senior Member

w gone i remember that shit you did with ice cream swirls the last round round robin i think it was pink and lime green thats when you stepped it up a whole other level last year. gmv just because i like your &*%$(#*&$ style

6. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

^thnx alot man , yeah that piece said "suzyq" , i eremember i even got some good ass crits from keepsix on that joint. i will take some pics of it and post it up in here tommorow

7. KESKone

KESKone Senior Member

really i dont see what everyone is trippin about. Dude you can literally see the font that Phat used in Tokyo Japan on club signs really is it so bad that he took a font thats known worldwide and made it somewhat his own? like seriously everyone starts somewhere i know for a fact people on this site have biten atleast something weither it be online or reallife seriously everyone does it thats how artists get better. pick things they like from other peoples work and make it there own. The Voting is fucked because someone may or may not have told his friends to get on and vote for him. but as the courts that lock are asses up say, "hes innocent till proven guilty." this was suppose to be a friendly battle now its turning into a hate-fourm, forreal what happened to the joy of catching and checkin out sick tags? i still believe this is a sick battle but i aint taking anysides just sitting back smoking a blunt and checkin out the SICK GRAFF!

8. crackula

crackula Senior Member

Phat2 I know you like keeping everything even and straight but I wouldve made the sword have more style, curve, and the handle stick out over top of the S and the E and move them closer together to give less negative space. Other than that its a solid entry nice work.

9. bring_the_MASe

hey crackula maybe you havent seen this ;)

10. SmoothOne

SmoothOne Member

I'm sorry Phat2, WGone gets my vote on this one for the win. Out of my many years of graff, I have never in my life seen someone fill in a print font and tried to pass it off as their own graff font. It's bad enough when someone claims someone else's piece let alone do a coloring book job of filling in a computer font like HIROSH and call it your own. That's embarrassing. :(

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

smoothone. go ahead and quote for me ONE single word in this whole thread where I'm claiming it to be my own

12. FuckTheFame

FuckTheFame Elite Member

whats embarrassing is your lack of shame

13. SmoothOne

SmoothOne Member

Phat 2, you used it in a battle... nuff said. :(

14. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

wow... biting is gay... i love seeing people get called on it

15. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

no it's not nuff said. u didn't say anything at >=\
    everyone bites. everyone.

16. bring_the_MASe

they dont bite line for line and if they do they get called out on it too.....copying something exactly is just lame ...maybe not lame for your own practice time but should not be posted where everyone is under the assumption you are creating this by yourself ...and i hope you arent he 'phat' kid writing around the 607 area

17. Tokenkaligreens

Tokenkaligreens Elite Member

18. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

not even mentioning the bite... principal, trounde, shiby, coutlas, azure the damaga, yorthies, freestyler128, grintrain, hurudesp ALL have ZERO posts on bs.... thats straight fagshit in my opinion... wgone should definitely win this

19. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

phat disqualified for lack originality
    its based on your skils, not your colouring skills

20. SiNe-VrL-516

SiNe-VrL-516 Senior Member

ii voted wgone anyway ittt wasss 10000x betterrr