Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. downunder

downunder Senior Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you killed it.

2. EST2007

EST2007 Elite Member

3. seT1

seT1 Member

Klic i used to write JK bout 1 and half years back :D

4. Evasion Of Invasion

Evasion Of Invasion Senior Member

5. guilTrip

guilTrip Member

I like the colors hawt

Went from paper to my practice wall in a matter of minutes but i liked the idea so ran with it...
    ai563.photobucket.com_albums_ss73_guilTrip_s_throwupdrawing1.jpg
    ai563.photobucket.com_albums_ss73_guilTrip_s_throwupwall1.jpg
    lov the critz.

6. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Drop your y further make all ur letters the same width and use bars, and up and down or side to side well filling

7. whosthisguy

whosthisguy Senior Member

lookin good dude

8. hawtlixx

hawtlixx Member

evasion, that's sick, i really like it, but i think maybe you went a bit overboard with the lens flare things, and a few lines could use cleaning up. other than that though, i think you're on the right track

guilty, keep working on letter structure, and fix the last 3 letters... don't tilt the L like that, change the T up, and fix the y.

this is my second attempt at a piece, trying to work on can control as much as possible... not making a lot of progress though, and i'm not quite satisfied with this one. i fucked up the first "m". let me know some can control tips if you've got any... all crits are welcome.

View attachment 507534

9. faser

faser Senior Member

^ yeh u shud sketch more
    and buy 50 dollar cans it will help with can control when ya finished them all.......

10. guilTrip

guilTrip Member

Thnx ya im gonna keep tryin to work on my structure for sure

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  11. saps

saps Senior Member

ai32.tinypic.com_hsjskx.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  12. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

learn letter structure, unless this is a throw, then learn other styles and be cleaner. practice.

13. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

Janek...your practice is deffinately paying off...last one's not bad at all.

Evasion...I think you should take it back a bit. Please don't ever stencil weed leaves or Ak's into your piece again. Like someone said, a bit overboard on the glare/shine effect, finally, work on cutting lines. I dunno why kids don't cut lines...it makes shit so much cleaner to look at....

Guilty....sorry...no.. stuff to work on:
    Don't do faces in your letters (in my opinion, ever, I hate them always) But atleast until your ready
    Sketch. a lot. I respect a well painted straight letter i more than a messy attempt at style.
    Personally I'd lose the Nike swoosh thing and work on the handstyle
    Work on the drips
    Last, don't bother wasting like 2 cans on a fill, when the wall behind it is almost the exact shade. Not trying to be a dick, just giving honest crits.

SAPS...not feeling the pointy letter ends at all, but the rest is pretty clean and simple...dope...

HAWT, sketch a lot before you try anything that complicated again. That said, your overall can control isn't bad at all, but learn to cut lines. It would make a huge difference in your painting.

Tezer, that white and purple on the round is on point

Just fucking with can control for a clean background....gonna do a lot more with it...Crits?
    View attachment 507676

14. Anion

Anion Banned

I don't wanna' say what's been said but...

Woulda' sucked to get bopped hittin' that wall cause you were wastin' time with that white on white fill. Then you really woulda' been 'guilty'. :D

15. markingz.

markingz. Banned

see that sap looks cool

16. hawtlixx

hawtlixx Member

Thanks for the input. The sketch actually turned out way better than the painted product, which isn't a surprise. I fucked it up. And this will be a really shitty question I assume, but what do you mean by cutting lines?

17. DUNSY

DUNSY Senior Member

i dont know why but i'm liking it very much ! keep up the work

18. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

I'll do my best to explain. I know there's a decent tutorial in the New To Graff thread one or two pages in. Basically, look at the lines on what I posted. The lines of the dark green outline that end in the yellow come to sharp, clean points, instead of thick fuzzy rounded ends, right? I used to think that kids had some kind of crazy thin tips or something to make that happen, but all they have to do is cut. You lay down the outline (green in my case) as thick as you want. Doesn't matter how it looks. Then come back with the fill color (yellow) and overlap the green. If you do it in the right crisscross patter, it leaves a thin sliver of outline where you want it.
    Not easy to explain, but probably the simplest painting technique I've figured out. If that didnt make any sense, I'll try and explain better with pictures.

19. hawtlixx

hawtlixx Member

ahhh yeah that makes a ton of sense. i'll work on that. thanks a lot.

i dig what you're doing too, is that on canvas?

20. Kaiser71

Kaiser71 Senior Member

Yeah. If I was gonna leave it as it, I would have just done it on plywood and saved the giant fucking canvas. But I plan to do acrylics, oils and deco over it.