Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

Oh and definitely check out duplex Clone. Dude has a lot of skill

2. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

that's what you'd call a burner. shit took him a while to get all that detail and color in, it's the time it takes someone and high level of detail they put in it, like 1-2+hours worth of time and mad details is a burner. personally that shits corny, i love simple cartoony shit and i know there's maaad people that think it's childish/ lazy etc. but idc that shit's so cool to me and im not gonna change my graff for approval that's mad lame. everyone has their taste, can't really hate on it though y'know? like even if its not your tea you can still respect the raw skill behind it if there is skill to begin.

3. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

Shits a burner for sure ...buttt I also dont like it. Its not legible and the leters I can read arnt that good there just alot of extras added to it hideing thing and things that go no were and do nothing . But thats style after you figure out how it all works . is that were you want to get visualy or do you want that cartoony look or the modern vibey fuck leter structer look lol thats what you gotta figure out but learning the basic letters will deff help with all of that ..

Also gum he'll no I find some of them rounded lines and thick anime shits hella hard to pull off any body that can do it good def gets props in my book becuse i cant lol even my own cartoon guy doesnt look that cartoony lol its fucking hard

4. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

My thoughts exactly. There is certainly a great deal of talent involved in a piece like this, but it's not anything I would ever strive to create. I agree with you on the cartoon styles too, I mean I like a lot of varieties but it's the same thing with some of the more technical wildsyles that have some dope elements, but overall it feels too crowded and distorted or abstracted. That's why I'll just keep practicing and learning how to create my own style instead biting a YouTube style just to learn how they did it.

5. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

Here's round 2! Let's start with the obvious issues: streaky fill, and inconsistent drop shadow but I feel a bit more confident overall

8714.jpeg

6. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

Looks good homey. Take your time and practice. Nothing was ever achieved in a day. It looks like you got a wall in your yard. That's a good step before hitting the streets. Practice on that, a lot. But listen to Elbow and Gum. They have been giving you dope advice. And if its on your own wall, don't be afraid to use guide lines to keep everything straight and in proportion. But who am I, just an old head getting back into this after years away.

7. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

Well here are my 4 first throw ups. I was never really too big into this style of graffiti, but I wanted to practice a little bit of everything and get some more experience on my wall but I'll say this: definitely not the last time I'll be doing throwies! That shit was a lot of fun! And the ability to do 4 "pieces" in a half hour is fucking awesome! Definitely recommend to anyone else that's new to graff and hasn't done this yet!

8773.jpeg

8774.jpeg

8772.jpeg

8775.jpeg

8. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Practice practice

20200714_145550.jpg

9. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Learned about retna and the stuff he does...thought it looked pretty cool so I gave it a try. They have his letters "decoded" apparently, so I just wrote what I wanted...too fuckin hot outside tho

20200715_164516.jpg

10. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

Tried something different for my latest

8957.jpeg

11. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Wife says that I should have did a throwy instead of blaster can...she said it's not as fun looking...do yall think when getting up next to someone it best to stay on the same kinda idea( tag =tag throw=throw) or who gives a shit do what you want.

20200727_174728.jpg

12. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Senior Member

Naw man big ass tags are the shit

13. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

Trying out a new name. Here's to slow, steady progress

9391.jpeg

14. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Collabing with my roommate

IMG_20200813_175753.jpg

IMG_20200814_065009.jpg

15. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Bad hair day

IMG_20200815_101018.jpg

16. InkSpot

InkSpot Member

Hypnos: Round 2

9783.jpeg

17. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Didn't manage to get a shot of this wall myself before it was painted over but grabbed one from my roommate from painting around the other night. It says magic murder bag Screenshot_20200822-100147_Instagram.jpg

18. totesm'goates

totesm'goates Member

Quick two colour. Stock caps and rusto

60056F67-FC25-4EC6-AAA9-56D9F55D4945.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  19. totesm'goates

totesm'goates Member

20. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

IMG_20200822_160326.jpg