Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

fube lol how come u make everything sound so nicer :p but still nice sig i never told u that lol

2. iwritebasic

iwritebasic Senior Member

ok w/e he didnt say he was king, jus seemed like he thot he was the best by jus telling me to not paint at all. im asking for advice tho like what fube said, dont say gay shit like, "dont paint" all of us were jus as bad at one point

3. Skeam

Skeam Senior Member

well there isnt a whole lot to crit, that AK needs 3d and the top bar of the K shouldnt be coming out of the Left bar, if ya know what i mean? looks a bit shakey too... and "i was cold" isnt a good enuff excuse hahaha.

well i did this today at a legal wall, i think my outlines have gotten a bit better but my only fucken black dot clogged after i did the black outline so i had to do the shines and the keyline with a fatter cap, hence looking a bit shit but yer, sorry for the big pic... meh.

I NEED HELP with the shines, i didnt really know where to do em when i had my vanishing point for te 3D i nthe middle of the peice. help would be great cheers

[Broken External Image]:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/DoorMatt91/NeskEumundi2-1.jpg

4. Skesh

Skesh Elite Member

Nice can cotrol, and i like the letters and the colors
    but the white lines dont make any sense, does the light come from 2 points? because thats what the white lines are for.
    Paint 'em all on one side of the letters, like on the left and on top

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9776/naamloosbg1.jpg

paint creation :p

5. koper

koper Banned

not too shabby at all skeam, i quite like that man, a bit envious too.

What skesh said about keeping the shine all to one side is correct, just make damn sure it is consistent throughout the piece. The edited version skesh did is a pretty good depiction of it, but you missed a couple parts skesh, the bottom right of the E and the K would also have no shine. But yes essentially you want your shine on only one side of your lettering. On average i keep it going the same way that my letters overlap eacother, what skesh showd you was the opposite, but i think it looks a bit better the other way because it brings attention to those elements of your letter which overlap, makes them more definitive, pops the letters from eachother more.

6. alera

alera Senior Member

7. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

alera thats tight, nice can controll as well man. how big is it?

8. alera

alera Senior Member

^^^^ thanks its about 5 feet by 5 feet
    i find i have better can cantrole when i use stocks but whatever...

9. ~RAVE~

~RAVE~ Senior Member

THAT IS SOME NICE AS SHIT

. I HAVE SOME ROOFTOP SPOT boms THAT I WILL TRY AND GET UP TOMMORROW

10. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

dude, dont be a fucking jerk, this is a toy forum for a reason, ur supposed to help us not be a complete fag and think your king [/b][/quote]
    i never said i was fucking king i wasnt like ZOMGZ JOO SUXORZ @ TEH PAINTZ LOLZ I AM TEH PWN JOO FAG CUZ IM TEH KING, i just didnt feel like typing okay? sorry and i respect you for actually painting ive only painted once and it came out shit so props but you arent ready to paint yet the bottom of the a is too squiggly dont curve the two parts of the c in the middle and put the lower part of the s where it goes in lower on the letter theres your crit okay?
    skeam that looks so awesome but the little random thing in the bottom of the s is weird...but whatever looks awesome
    alera i really really like that a and its good that you waited till you did it on the streets...now do it on the streets
    noam no offense taken your right

11. Billburg

Billburg Senior Member

that nesk one is dope exept the n looks kinda like an H to me

12. Skeam

Skeam Senior Member

Koper and Skesh, thankyou i really apreciate the crits. i wasnt sure what to do with the shine because i knew it was to one side of the letters when i did the 3D differently but i wasnt sure if it was the same when the vanishing point for the 3D was in the middle. someone told me the shine goes on the oposite side of the 3D but i guess that was wrong haha.

cheers again, greatly apreciated.

13. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

nems they look good dude...

14. iwritebasic

iwritebasic Senior Member

bump.

looks weird at some parts cus its still wet

15. Snafu

Snafu Member

16. Skesh

Skesh Elite Member

Yeah i forgot those 2 parts

17. joebob

joebob Member

Here is my first try at this: ADUB is what i write
    I used some stencils i made just for fun as well.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v444_da_mon15_woot007.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v444_da_mon15_woot005.jpg

I think i should probally work on can control, n overall more clean, n watch drips

Any other critiszm to help me out???

U'll see my throwup once i get some pics soon too

18. koper

koper Banned

another way to do shine is to make it go the opposite way of the 3d like you just said, and that would account for how you did your shine in this piece. That is what makes a situation like this one unique, because there ar4e more than one way to approach it. Personally i think what i said about letter overlap still holds here though. You could, ofcourse, avoid this whole problem by doing an inline on the entire piece instead of doing shine just one some places. It would look twice as dope if executed properly, and then you can acoid the issue of where the shine goes.

19. aces

aces Elite Member

LEARN LETTERS BEFORE YOU GO OUT BOMBING!!! Also practice can control on like a piece of wood...Go get some like plywood to practice on give it a coat of white bucket paint and then paint it...When you use up all the space either paint over it or bust out the roller and paint it white again...

20. PeYGoNeR

PeYGoNeR Senior Member