Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. S8nt

S8nt Senior Member

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b291_scarecrow2008_graff002.jpg

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b291_scarecrow2008_graff006.jpg
    From a year ago just never posted it....

critique would help

2. pez ss

pez ss Senior Member

wor\k on ur letters man. like be for u paint sumthing ask ur self ur u really happy with ur sketch if u even botherd to sketch someting in the first place.also when u go to slow with ur oout like ur gunna get those drips but u dont have to many (not as bad a some people in this fourm) just try to practise in a nice chilled spot some were. some place maybe were u can go in the middle of the day and not have to worry about getting caught and just focus on ur shit. but keep sketchn tell ur satisfied with something and when u r post it in the black book section and if ppl dont think its to terible try it out some were. and im diggin the green

3. -eror-

-eror- Senior Member

if ur gonna make excuses, then get it right. drips mean ur going too slow. therefor that u did it fast, doesnt make sense. comprendo? and may i ask, when is a throw not done fast? and how often do we paint in "quality" light? [/b][/quote]
    It's called going over a line. If you go over the line a few times, repeatedly, it'll drip. comprendes? that's one of the reasons it looks sloppy, i wasn't being too careful when I did that so you can see where I was going over it again.

Things get posted in here asking for crits on the work, not the excuses.

4. pez ss

pez ss Senior Member

5. Fube

Fube Elite Member

eror:

yes, and his crit on your work was that it was sloppy and drippy as hell at the bottom. the only one giveing excuses here is u. "comprendes". when i first saw the flick i thought u ment for the drips to be there. but u cant tell me u didnt notice drips like that when u were doing it. sorry to sound like im snapping back at u but u get what u give. if u post something here with errors on it and ask for crit people are gunna point that shit out. expect it.

also, wanted to bump this just for kicks. bottom of page and no crits really.
    View attachment 252771

6. S8nt

S8nt Senior Member

^^im feelin that is it a stencil? i would only suggest that you get his teeth in order not that they cant be nasty just clean em up a bit

7. Fube

Fube Elite Member

no not a stencil. i need to get some thin caps but its not like u really care when your tore up like i was. thanks for the crits.

8. Stevie

Stevie Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1336/throw1nc9.jpg
    this is sketchy cause my caps were fucking up and shit..

basically this is my last piece of graffiti until summer, no throws, no tags.. nothing...pretty much because i hate the cold, i hate painting in the cold, i hate caps that fuck up in the cold, i hate paint that's pretty much transparent, i hate mean streaks that crumble because of the cold..and also most importantly, i think i need to sketch more and develop shit more.

9. Jroc1993

Jroc1993 Elite Member

thats pretty good does it say CAT or EAT?

10. S8nt

S8nt Senior Member

^amen man.......damn i hate the cold

11. Stevie

Stevie Senior Member

eat, short for eater

12. Nasty_One

Nasty_One Senior Member

that's got potential man, i think the "e" needs something to make it a little bit more noticable as an "e"

i hear you on painting in the cold and caps fucking up, i had one the other night that made the can pretty much explode paint on my hand, i was wearing a latex glove but that shit was freezing cold i finished the piece and about the same time had to hide from a cop, i was standing there i thought i was going to get frost bite... the only thing i could do was put my hand on my balls to warm it up.

13. dirtesanchez

dirtesanchez Member

14. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Dude, just to let you know on this forum it's ettiquite to crit others before asking for crits yourself or bumping your pics.

No offence but the throw is pretty terrible.

The first thing that jumps out at me is the big extention on the top right of the 'S'. Seriously there's quite a lot wrong with it. All I can say for now is to take things back a notch and practice simplier letters. That goes for your handy too. I wouldn't paint for now either, keep to your book. You probably shouldn't have gne over the person as well.

15. D Snif

D Snif Senior Member

Yeah no offense but that guy you painted over was most likely 5x better than you. Go buy an art book without lines, NOT a BLACKBOOK, that's a waste of money for you right now. Don't go wasting your money on expensive outdoor tagging markers, buy a pack of sharpies with about 24 different colors and practice with those in your art book. Don't go out and bomb/tag until people start to tell you that your handstyle/bomb/piece is good.

And post some of your shit that you draw in the Toy Blackbook thread.

16. dirtesanchez

dirtesanchez Member

Thanks guys! could u be a little more specific on what i need to work on? i knew it was terrible im new to this shit and u say just stick to drawing do i just draw aimlessly and try to develop something or is there somethin i should work on drawing?

17. D Snif

D Snif Senior Member

Ask here for advice:
    Toy Story

Be sure to post up pictures of what you draw in the Toy Blackbook thread so people will give you constructive criticism, but be sure to give crits before you ask for them.

18. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

What these guys forgot to mention is your can control is bad. (no offense)

You have pretty sketchy drips on the bottom, and it looks like you were going through a seizure when you were painting your lines on the i. Your 3d is also off on the tip of the I and on the side on the n. You have a horrible add-on in the right side of the n that you might want to just completely take off until you get a better concept of add-ons. Also, the fill in looks really thick in areas and really light in others, but thats just my constructive crits. Like they said above me you might want to just stick to poppin' sketches for a while, or atleast practicing in a chill spot.

19. dirtesanchez

dirtesanchez Member

thanks dude yea i know the drips are horrible. i started with a few of my homies and im by far the best outta them so they are all saying how good it is but i knew it sucked and im wanting to get better so im glad im get the crits from all u nigs so i keep workin on my shit

20. Snou

Snou Member

I think you guys said all. Except. I think that better link is Graffiti Basics. It has very constructive posts etc, compared to Toy Story ;>

On my way to home ( I'm leaving tomorrow morning ).
    Went to some yard blah blah, with some home crew.
    Left my marks in Paris ( again ).
    The only thing is that, after 2-3 years of writing. I am still afraid to start putting doodats. Don't know if I'm good enough. Etc etc. Don't wanna go ego trippin' and start pretending im some wild-styler. Thou, I dared to do this sketch for which i got inspiration 30 mins before the actual writing/drawing.
    [Broken External Image]:http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Wiz27/23022007283.jpgGraffiti Basics

huh?