Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jo32o3, Jun 16, 2008.

Share This Page

1. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

freedom for blacks wasn't won by war:confused:

2. AnteUp

AnteUp Elite Member

yes it was. north versus south. the civil war...

3. anti-anti-crime

anti-anti-crime Elite Member

thanks anteup. idk y, i thought i was gunna get flamed for that. haha

wafflecake- yes, freedom for blacks was won by war, but not completely. there were still major fights for rights after the war had ended. ever hear of martin luther king jr?

4. AnteUp

AnteUp Elite Member

haha. sigged him? lmao. i'm very much pro war btw.

5. anti-anti-crime

lol, yea, i couldnt help it. wat he said was to funny...

and im not very pro war, but im not against it either. if its for a good reason and we r onyl trying to help then im for it.
    but if its a bullshit war then im not down for it. much like this one.

6. AnteUp

AnteUp Elite Member

i am for this war. i don't want them knockin on our door. we knock on theirs to keep them out.

7. anti-anti-crime

i understand wat your saying. but they pretty much already did that. they came to us looking for a war and we brought it. democracy has been declared there. but it has not completely rissen yet. terrorists are still fighting against it, but we shouldnt have to be there to babysit. weve already faught most of this war by ourselfs, and our troops were almost all of the ones fighting. i just think we need to pull out but not take all of our troops out. there is still work to be done there, yes, but not with this many troops there.

8. AnteUp

AnteUp Elite Member

fuck dude. i'm not nut riding but that's another good thought. hahaha

9. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

this is what i was hinting at. how free were blacks before that era, and hell still are...

put me in your sig, i don't care but, i didn't say that because I know nothing at all but rather the pseudo freedom that the civil war accomplished...

10. anti-anti-crime

the civil war brought the opportunity for the advancement of blacks. when the south was defeated, so were there laws against blacks. when those were taken down and blacks were givin freedom, there was obviously still resentment in the south. if the union didnt win the war, then the south would have taken over the north, and told us wat to do. but that doesnt mean that we would have, people here would of still supported the philosophy that every man was created equel, no matter wat color or where they came from. but slowly southerners would have pushed for us to take blacks as our slaves.

11. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

i agree that the civil war was important in doing and what may have happened without it however, i was just trying to push how little freedom blacks had after the war.

so yeah, putting me in your sig makes me look more dumb than montanapainter but, it's only because what i was implying is missing...

12. anti-anti-crime

i agree with you that blacks had very little freedom after the war. and i do agree with u that most of the rights for blacks was won by thecivil rights movement. but today, blacks enjoy alot of freedoms that whites enjoy, but not all. there are still those who think blacks are inferior. but also, blacks could be respected more in this world by overcoming steriotypes. im not talking about "they love water mellon and chicken", im talking about "there the reason we have crime". im not saying that this sterio type is true, but that some blacks to choose live there life in crime. some will argue with me that this is because "the white man" is holding them down. i agree, obvoously as i was just arguing about it, that white people HAVE done this, but not for a good couple hundred years. we have created oppurtunity for them, but some blacks think its better to get cash than to help there own kind.

13. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

yeah, i don't really know if there are many statistics proving that more crimes are caused by blacks as opposed to whites. There are MANY crimes caused by white people that are over looked and some not even reported, also a lot of white collar crimes should be added into the equation.

I find that the reason there may be more crimes caused by blacks is basically the way that ghettos are still created. Now im not talking about ghetto as in 50cent and stuff, im sure you get that however, there are many who think thats the definition of the word. Ghettos are being created and are strongly tied to races and social status'. This is happening in New orleans as the city planners map out the new cities placing poor people in lower than sea level areas and the wealthy in higher elevated areas. Its all a question of money, insurance companies don't want to have to pay to repair more expensive houses. its all really unfortunate. Once these ghettos are created races and lower income families are alienated. When some people may be faced with an opportunity to claim or possibly reclaim a lifestyle better than the current what are they supposed to do? The ideas of theft become more accepted and the crime goes up as more people try to claim wealth. The reason may not always be greed. If anyone is greedy its the system. now don't be quick to label me as a kid who's all against the "man" and shit like that however, i do find the economic structures to be quite alienating.

The oppression over minorities is still quite present, it may not be as black and white as it used to be but it still lingers and systematically places people by social classes and race.

i would appreciate it, now that i have gotten my point across that you remove that quote from your sig.

14. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

If you care to read a little bit you would find that the civil war had nothing to do with slavery....the abolition of slavery was quite simply a by product, dont believe?

read on...

On Dec. 19, 1860, a convention of delegates were called to St. Andrew’s Hall in Charleston, S.C., to vote on secession. On that day, many issues were brought to the floor to be settled before the actual vote could occur. Among these issues were what to do with the federal military installations in South Carolina, particularly Forts Moultrie and Sumter. It was agreed that all federal property would have to be handed over to the government of South Carolina. Finally, on Dec. 20, 1860, the delegates voted by a count of 169-0 in favor of secession, and the union between South Carolina and other states of the United States was "hereby dissolved."

Between Jan. 9 and Feb. 1, 1861, six other Southern states followed suit: Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas respectively. This was the first wave of secession. Then following the inauguration of Lincoln, the second wave began on April 17 with the secession of Virginia. This wave was continued by Arkansas, Tennessee and North Carolina respectively. The only slave-holding states that did not leave the Union were Missouri, Kentucky, Maryland and Delaware. These states were then known as the border states: those that remained loyal to the Union and separated the United States from the newly formed Confederacy.

It was the secession of the Southern states that ultimately led to the first shots of the American Civil War. Lincoln believed secession to be unconstitutional, and therefore not possible. He saw the South’s attempt to do so as a rebellion, and he vowed to preserve the Union at all costs. Lincoln also refused to relinquish control of the federal forts on South Carolina. Thus, on April 12, 1861, South Carolina militia, commanded by P.G.T. Beauregard, fired on Fort Sumter, beginning the Civil War. Sumter surrendered on April 14.

FACT.

funny how public school leaves things out

15. anti-anti-crime

wafflecake- "ghettos" as your referring to them have been around for hundreds of years. its been a way to keep races within there own races. but, since money has een becoming tighter they need to get more money. but since some of them dont have the education and the skills and dont want to work in a fast food place flipping burgers. so they turn to crime, the only life that they have known. what im saying may be biast, but its the truth in my eyes. the government puts there races in with eachother but it doesnt notice what its doing to the race itself. or maybe they do.

hammer time- i think i heard that in 3rd grade... haha, but its not suprising they didnt teach that, i mean, we only covered the civil rights movement haha.i have a pretty good backround knowledge of the civil war but not anything like that.

16. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

i read ALOT about the civil war, its probably the most misunderstood war of our country..........
    i think its sad, how little the average person who has only read a few books on the subject knows.....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  17. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

you've just rendered every single one of your arguments useless.

as far as ghettos i know they've been around for years but i really don't think you read anything i wrote. even if you did, you didn't understand anything.

anti-anti-crime i think you need to need to see more of the world, as you seem to formulate your truths on what you've seen and been told in your suburban middle school.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  18. anti-anti-crime

waffle,i do read your posts, and if it sounds like mine arent addressing them, sorry. but to say that i rendered every one of my arguments useless, is retarded. im not flaming u or anything, but it just is. ive made wat, 7 posts in here so far? and im pretty shur that about 2 of those have been on black rights.

and your right, i have made my opinion oin wat ive been told and what ive seen, but ive seen and been told alot. and as far as my middle school history carrier goes, i dindt pass a year. i know all this because my dad knows all of this. ive listened to him bitch at my sister about this numerous times and ive heard enough to know alot of this. i agree i do need to see the rest of the world, but how am i going to do that at the age of 16? no job? fines to pay?

19. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

what makes you think your dad is right? i study politics in university, i suggest you take what i have to say as seriously as you do your fathers words. conforming to what your parents think without thinking critically... this why the states are in this bullshit war...

and take me out of your sig, i made my point.

20. anti-anti-crime

i dont conform to what my parents say or tell me to do. my dad teaches us history and advanced writing at temple university.

so im the reason why the u.s is in this war? even though i resent the continuation of it?
    and no, wat u said was funny, and im keeping it in there. unless u say something different.