Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

[what Do You Think About Graff School?]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pSYKAOz, Apr 8, 2005.

Share This Page

?

[what do you think about graff school?]

1. sucks, should learn on youre own

34.6%
  2. duno might be ok

29.5%
  3. id go and learn some techniques

29.5%
  4. i dont careeeeeeeeee!

6.4%
  1. chucky

chucky Member

I deffinatly think you should learn on the streets, its the only way to actually learn, BUT free montana paint is good

2. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

shit shit shit shit shit

3. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

graff school? are you kidding me?!
    whack.

saber msg went to an ART INSTITUTION but only because his parents worked there.. even then that draws the line.

4. bojangles

bojangles Senior Member

graff originated from the streets, if you learn from anyone, you learn from someone who is willing to help you..fuck school, its shit anyway

5. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

you ignorant fuck, why would an art institution 'draw the line'? it's not like he went to 'learn graffiti', he went to further his artistic skill and knowledge, the fact that his parents are both artists didn't hurt either. i don't understand why so many writers are so opposed to art schools, i agree that a school for graffiti would ruin the 'heart' of it, if only because it started on the streets as (if you wanna get deep into it) a product of political and economic oppression - the great thing about graffiti is that it can mean anything to anyone, and anyone can do it if they have the heart to. but a school for art? what the fuck is so bad about that? why WOULDN'T you want to learn more about art, and get better at it?

ps: it's msk, not msg, that's in your noodles.

6. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

if you went to an art school, where the hell would YOUR style come from?
    other writers
    that aint your style
    i think that you should teach yourself and learn the styles you like
    not what someone teaches you.

7. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

8. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

you ignorant fuck, why would an art institution 'draw the line'? it's not like he went to 'learn graffiti', he went to further his artistic skill and knowledge, the fact that his parents are both artists didn't hurt either. i don't understand why so many writers are so opposed to art schools, i agree that a school for graffiti would ruin the 'heart' of it, if only because it started on the streets as (if you wanna get deep into it) a product of political and economic oppression - the great thing about graffiti is that it can mean anything to anyone, and anyone can do it if they have the heart to. but a school for art? what the fuck is so bad about that? why WOULDN'T you want to learn more about art, and get better at it?

ps: it's msk, not msg, that's in your noodles. [/b][/quote]
    :wub: marry me meetermaid?

wow that sentence hadda alotta m's in it.

9. mattFOO

mattFOO Senior Member

if u paid for it. id go. couldnt hurt any more than reading the shit i see on this site.

10. ..:------>SIC<------:..

..:------>SIC<------:.. Member

Idk, I mean..... theres to sides to this topic..... it could be a great idea, that way the whole graff scene/community can be looked like a form of art instead of trash and vandalism.... this might help.... but then again if someone is teaching you techniques and styles then the majority who go will have similar writting styles, get me?

Graff school.... hmmmm..... wonder what recess is like?

11. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

:wub: marry me meetermaid?

wow that sentence hadda alotta m's in it. [/b][/quote]
    i'm yours ;)

on the real, i don't think the issue about graff school should be about style, you're not going to learn a certain person's style, you'd be learning like the technical aspect of graff, can control, certain artistic techniques you use like flairs and shit, and about the history of graff in general, like normal art school but focussing on the art of graffiti, and not as formal, yadidimean?

that's another point mattfoo, tons of kids come on this site to get advice about their shit, it'd be the same way in graff school. i don't imagine it would be any different from having a mentor in regards to what the school would be like.

12. rise_&_fight

rise_&_fight Senior Member

sounds like a good course, but you should learn it all by yourself in my opinion. all of it can control, 3d etc. you should learn for yourself cos like it or not the way you paint e.g can control influences your personal style, and if someone skools you in it it will influence your style.
    there is no substitute for actual on the job learning, hours of sketching and years of learning the scene and its history. having said that if you are a more experience writer and want to touch up on a few things or get a new perspective on going about certain stuff, hey why not!

13. JetBlack

JetBlack Elite Member

ps: it's msk, not msg, that's in your noodles. [/b][/quote]
    ...pwned?

Yeah, but for reals tho, I like any writer that takes shit and adds a new element to it. Any fuckin writer can learn styles that have been on the streets for years but its the writers that are true artists and doing unconventional shit are the ones who get praise. Like Futura, just to name drop.

Learn everything you can about art. Itll only make you a better writer.

Oh, and Astros characters are dreamy. :wub:

EDIT. Oh, and on the school thing, shits whack. Learn like everyone else. Go to art school if you wanna be a better artist.

14. Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia Senior Member

I'd go, I'd love to further my skills, I'd love to be taught by some one who's skilled,pity theres no artists around me who are. It would be good in my area as well because it's full of toys who do nothing but cross out people.

15. Hask420

Hask420 Senior Member

i might go i dunno

16. syeroner -416-

syeroner -416- Member

17. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

iunno i think whoever attends that class is somewhat lazy and dosent want to put the time or effort into countless paintcans and whack tags/bombs just to achieve something that you dig and is you. ya' know? thats like learning how to shoot a gun, sure people can instruct you on how to do it. but you wont know how to use it until you lick a few slugs off.

18. sayonelast...

sayonelast... Senior Member

your suposed to put ur own style into graff.. going to school to learn it is liek taking someone elses style and changing it into your own...
    i guess if u alreayd write and stuff.. maybe it would be ok to jsut get a bit of fead back..but i say fuck graff school...

19. RUDE_Bwoy

RUDE_Bwoy Elite Member

20. bloom

bloom Senior Member

wow i can't believe that other graffiti artist would want to teach some kid his techniques, If you want to be a sick writer you have to learn everthing for yourself.. you develop your own style.