Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

[what Do You Think About Graff School?]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pSYKAOz, Apr 8, 2005.

Share This Page

?

[what do you think about graff school?]

1. sucks, should learn on youre own

34.6%
  2. duno might be ok

29.5%
  3. id go and learn some techniques

29.5%
  4. i dont careeeeeeeeee!

6.4%
  1. Alchohlics_Anonymous

Alchohlics_Anonymous Elite Member

damn psy with all the facts....havin to show me up......aghhhh....i guess ill never win. :D

2. Rik JamEs

Rik JamEs Elite Member

so... you learned everything in graff on youre own... u learned what 3d was, what a highlight was etc.. ALL on youre own. false.

when i got piecing with my crew sometimes ill ask or get asked questions like yo how would i do this shadow on my sketch etc,..

fact is most ppl learn from others..
    most oldskool writers... learned from the olderoldskools haha... and the first ones.. well ok they learned shit on their own... but ya thats what they did... SHIT....ever see taki 183's first shit? fuck most skool teachers have more style in their handwriting then he did... [/b][/quote]
    im not saying i learned everything about it im saying you cant have someone teach you graffiti you learn about it by looking at other peoples styles and forming your own

3. streak

streak Member

i guess it would be ok

still id rather just learn it myself

4. Tails0nE

Tails0nE Elite Member

I'd just go to check it out but i think its dumb...
    let them just find their own style...

5. the infamous one

the infamous one Elite Member

well i think its a good idea...pretty much 90% of toys are toys not because they dont have talent or potential but no one guides them into how to do what....why spend a year getting the basics of 3d when u can learn it in 1 class

6. bigbomba'

bigbomba' Elite Member

that sortta defeats the purpose of learn on your on? i didnt have a pro teach me, and then i think we will have a bunch of toys who took the classes running around

7. theyrecominafterme

theyrecominafterme Member

i think its better to learn on your own.... whats the point?? what we do is illegal, why would they teach it in school? the entire purpose of graffiti is to do it, get good, and be remembered. and those who take time to do it right get ripped off if there is a class for it... its stupid. its kinda like a graffiti t-shirt... it look kinda like it, but its not real -IMITATED-

8. scary dreams

scary dreams Elite Member

I think graff school is definetly NOT the right thing to do...

Fuck that commercial ass shit...a bunch of generic toys running around thinking their the shit cause they came from some suburb ass "graff school". Nigga fuck you, graffiti is something learned over time, with gained experience...because graff school ain't gonna teach no toy respect, and the unwritten rules of the game. I'll slash anyone that goes to graff school..fuck u.

9. mere

mere New Member

learn yourself or everyone would have the same style

10. element503

element503 Elite Member

i cant even speak french :( if i move to canada would i have a problem then?

11. SoldAsFreedom

SoldAsFreedom Senior Member

Plus if they have records of you going to that school then you could be a prime suspect in graffiti in your area..

12. joust

joust Elite Member

Pros:
    -good feedback from dope writers
    -a whole class on can control (something most BB writers lack when they finaly make it to the streets, you know who you are)
    Cons:
    -only in french
    -might be looked down upon by the self made

Conclusion:
    it might be worth it, i dont really know, its not really my cup of tea personally.

13. Tony

Tony Elite Member

lots of famous writers have gone to "graff schools" much like this one, you would be suprised

14. 211_24-7

211_24-7 Senior Member

funny thing... evak graduated in the Deans list from fitti school...

View attachment 156605

View attachment 156606

v-v-v-v-v-v-v-V-UNIT!

15. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

16. dotone

dotone Elite Member

it would be cool to go and learn some new techniques cause no one in this city would give me the time of day, but its still kinda played out

17. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

thats some real fuckin words yo!!!

18. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

i think its a good way to bring back old school roots.
    back in the day where your mentor did your outline for you and all you did was fill, until you got the basics down.
    or the idea that "real" writers are there to help the "toys".
    or the idea of writers getting together to help everyone improve on their styles.

....but when did that ever involve money?! you didnt pay to sit at the writers bench but somehow now "real" writers seem to think they are worth something. silly how back in the day they were worth alot more, but their worth was based on advice not money.

the idea of improving and learning from the best is a great idea, the idea of putting a price tag attached to that is capitalism at its worst.

19. halo

halo Senior Member

what I dont understand is.......why does EVERYONE hate on the toys? because, honestly, at one point in time, EVERYONE was a toy. and how did they get better? practice, and help from more experianced writers. This is an outlet (for a kid like me) who dosnt have many experianced writers to help him with his can control/characters/3D/old school, or w/e technics we need help on. Yes, I practice, yes, I work on my own style, yes, I still fucking bite (dont lie, everybody, at one point in time, has bit) and there are times, when all I want is a little help. but I cant get it. I think this would be a great oppertunity to get better.

20. darknok

darknok Senior Member

bombing schools is pretty kool
    and i just got arresed again for graffiti second time in 2 month and there was this little 13 yr old kid that was bombing the school and got gought and he was crying cas the cop lyed to him that his giong to bronx and it was a koool 7 hour proccess sitin in a police station