Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

what is your take on stencils?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by REMIX8604, Nov 23, 2011.

Share This Page

1. ribcage

ribcage Banned

umad

your obviously one of those types that uses stencils, and you obviously like to ramble when your angry. blobs and random objects on canvas takes skill opposed to what you believe. As for it "not being art", since when were we talking about art as a whole? Do remember this is a GRAFFITI forum, and the topic is stencils as a part of graffiti, (Doesnt change the fact that they are the cheapest form of artistic skill) which they should not be a part of. Its all good though, you can keep running around like a child spraying stencil to stencil.

im pretty sure timbaland is a fag.

Stenciling=stupid. Ive summed up my philosophy on art because the only way I can respect a stencil is when its being used to make money? I wouldnt be caught dead rocking a stencil on any one of my canvases, shits gay; but if the next person wants to, and can sell it, more power to him. Thats like bottling public water and selling it back to the community.

@leary 300 am in canada hp is lookin for you? under a dark overpass? thats really hard to believe

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Rumple_Stiltzkin

Rumple_Stiltzkin Member

Iv made the decision that your argument is null and void, therefore I win by default.

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

so thats what this is about? win or lose?

alright, you can have the "win" but stencils are still gay, and bitch made by pussies for pussies

4. Leary

Leary Member

@ribcage 3:00 am and hp is out looking to nab writers erywhere especally along highways.

5. ribcage

ribcage Banned

...along highways, but unless you doing a lot of moving and in bright clothing, its hard to see someone under an overpass when your going 65+ mph especially at 3 am

6. Perry

Perry New Member

i personally use stiencils, but in no way do i call my self a "writer", but that dose not by any means make what i do easier i just do the majority of my hard work in the hours before actually going out. stiencil work is all about the complexity of your stiencils.

7. Perry

Perry New Member

Just think what you said; "street artist" never call them selfs "writers", theres a pretty big differance in style and meaning behind the two word,and the products that each produce. writers and "street artists" coe-exist in the same world, the world of graff. that dosent mean their there for the same reasons.

8. Rumple_Stiltzkin

Rumple_Stiltzkin Member

Spot on Perry. Thats kind of what i was getting at but you haveput it a bit more.. elequantly lol

9. Leary

Leary Member

Being a writer and being a street artist are not mutually exclusive though. I think if you can do both you are ahead of the game

10. freekofart

freekofart Member

Stencils are my best weapon in my street art arsenal! a good detailed stencil takes just as much time, but more effort to execute, as the regular toy bomb! Stencils have their own category in the street art relm though you can compare the skill level of a stencil make to the free hand awesomeness of a graffiti writer!
    this is one of mine for my series "Death by art" IMG_0431.jpg

11. freekofart

freekofart Member

you can't compare i ment to say sry bout that!

12. spiltink

spiltink Banned

you taped a stencil to your door and sprayed it

congratz

why not get some paint markers and do a proper character if your doing it on your bedroom door?

oh wait is it a street side spot in front of a police station?

13. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

wtf that better than stupid ugly toy ass tags takin up every empty space worth painting

14. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

ya but street artists are fags

15. Rumple_Stiltzkin

Rumple_Stiltzkin Member

And you children are just slags.
    Id rather see a stencil of somebodys penis, than some shitty 4 letter word with a black boarder, and maybe an arrow at the end of the word if you'r lucky. Thats kids shit. Lol, i cant believe how many of you on here are such little batty creases. You are the ballest of bags.

16. Leary

Leary Member

Im pretty shure those defending those toy tags are probably the ones throwing em up. Just some food for thought.

17. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

the main difference being writers have style....'street artists' do not...

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA o gawd. Graffiti is "kids shit" and stenciling is not?!!!!! Talk about true character shining through your post. Your dumb, and you like dicks. You better be like 30+ if your in here callin me a kid.

19. Baron

Baron Moderator

If you insult someone's intelligence and you use improper grammar your point is moot.

20. MiDo93

MiDo93 Senior Member

^boooom roasted