Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Respirator Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by element503, Oct 23, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Scene*

Scene* Elite Member

chicken soup for the writers soul

2. chas

chas Elite Member

i need a resperator because i went painting last night and did a couple of throw ups and i was feelling really fuckin dizzy and collapsed and wasnt wearing a mask or resp so im just wondering you think id be best to buy a resperator or just keep on going without a resperator so i think im gonna make an investment in a resperator anyone have one and any suggestions or sites that i can get one for cheap anything would be great

3. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

maybe you could search the internet, or even bombing science.

close

4. ?!?

?!? Senior Member

yea i also need it..when i went bombing and i ran for a bit..and coulndnt run as much as i normally could..but everytime when i go try to get it. i end up buying paints lol

5. mhc

mhc Senior Member

3m

ive woken up the next morning after bombing in my own vomit

6. snow2skate

snow2skate Elite Member

Just buy those carpenters/doctors blue face mask's. There cheap as hell. And they keep fumes out of your lungs. There ment to filter diseas and miniscule little things in the air. There cheap, and they will do the trick.. so instead of spending a shit load of money.. on a mask that you wouldnt want to ditch if you were running..compared to little blue mask things that you can throw away when your done with them.

7. myner.cb

myner.cb Senior Member

you shouldn't need a respirator for bombing. unless by bombing yuo mean doing fucking giant chill fillers. but i wouldtn' really call that bombing. if you're bombing you shuld be in and out quick. you shuoldn't be thre long enouhg for that much paint to fill your lungs in an open area. especially with the little ammount of paint use. unless its a huge filled piece or bomb theres no need for a respirator really. freights yes, illegal piecing yes, legal walls yes, indoors yes. but i dont' think you need one for outside bombing. suck it up

8. myner.cb

myner.cb Senior Member

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
    those masks don't do fuck all. they aren't meant for paint and they specifically say that. you're better to tie a wet rag over your face then that. and how does it save you money if you throw them out every time. sooner or later it will add up to the price of a respirator.
    and how much can a respirator really slow you down when running? no enough that you'd haev to ditch. if a respirator is your excuse for being slow then lose some weight and clean up your act. thats embarassing.

9. Scene*

Scene* Elite Member

just go to home depot or lowes
    i bought a 3m resperator there and the shit works good

when i didnt have a resp my body did fucken crazy shit

i coughed up the color of the paint
    i would blow my nose and the color of the pain would come out
    i would wake up in vomit
    i cant run

a whole bunch of shit

10. Scene*

Scene* Elite Member

just go to home depot or lowes
    i bought a 3m resperator there and the shit works good

when i didnt have a resp my body did fucken crazy shit

i coughed up the color of the paint
    i would blow my nose and the color of the pain would come out
    i would wake up in vomit
    i cant run

a whole bunch of shit

11. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

Man fuck resps---I cant run fast anymore because of smoking---Cept when youre under the influence of THC---then you can run miles on end non stop (fuckin right :-D)

So

moral of this post?

Smoke up before bombing--then run to your hearts content, you fat fucks

((Actually if the yards empty if you bomb late night like me, just chill somewhere--have a cig--just go somewhere other than where youre painting in the yard--Just to get a little air (or nicotine)--Just get a break from the fumes...))

If anything--if you feel dizzy just stop--come back later n finish it up--dont work yourself into passing out--that'd be fuckin stupid

Peace

12. its me

its me Senior Member

give me a fucking break.they do not filter out chemicals in any way, they barely filter out dust. read the cartridgeon the mask, you need a chemical specific cartridge and a respirator that fits properly to work well with paints. you don't even want to know what kind of dammage chemicals can do. get a good mask, you ever see how brain dead rubbies that huff paint are? that shit does permanent dammage to your nervous system and brain.

13. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

give me a fucking break.they do not filter out chemicals in any way, they barely filter out dust. read the cartridgeon the mask, you need a chemical specific cartridge and a respirator that fits properly to work well with paints. you don't even want to know what kind of dammage chemicals can do. get a good mask, you ever see how brain dead rubbies that huff paint are? that shit does permanent dammage to your nervous system and brain. [/b][/quote]
    dont huff the shit then dumbass, waste of paint

lol
    :D jp man

14. sec

sec Senior Member

when i'm painting i just pull my t-shirt over my nose and mouth :) when you'r doing a big piece, at the end you can tell it has worked; you look at the t-shirt and the spot that covers your mouth/nose is like ... dirty with all sorts of colours, and your happy that shit didn't end up in lungs, I can't say it keeps out all of the fumes thoug.

15. _Sic_

_Sic_ Senior Member

brain damage, how does a wet rag help ?

16. JadedSketches

JadedSketches Elite Member

It catches the fumes, they sorta stick on.
    It does fuck all though, get a resp, or quit graffiti.

17. myner.cb

myner.cb Senior Member

i said if you were going to use a dust mask/doctors mask yuo might as well use a wet rag. dust masks do dick all. and a wet rag will do just as much.
    and dirmasterO what are you doing bombing the yard?

18. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

Im the only one on the south side of town getting up--and theres a yard free of any competition so...Im hittin the freights (Theres a retaining wall that runs along the whole yard too...sort of a dike thing...to keep water back...me n my buds bombed that one time for kicks but its all buffed...When we were bombing the far end by this grocery store (idk how they saw...theres a 15 foot high fence seperating the parking lot and the retaining wall, track in between)--some yardies were working on some broken switch and chased us...we toked up though before this happend after a...well job well done on fucking up a wall with some ugly shit throwies..u know the rest)

Oh and to limit--I made a female cap work on a spray can :-D I just de-dicked a male cap and strapped that on the feme--Call it choppy--but its a chick with a dick now :) pretty fuckin awesom fat female one too

PEACE

19. Dtox

Dtox Member

i just got one from sears

20. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

Im the only one on the south side of town getting up--and theres a yard free of any competition so...Im hittin the freights (Theres a retaining wall that runs along the whole yard too...sort of a dike thing...to keep water back...me n my buds bombed that one time for kicks but its all buffed...When we were bombing the far end by this grocery store (idk how they saw...theres a 15 foot high fence seperating the parking lot and the retaining wall, track in between)--some yardies were working on some broken switch and chased us...we toked up though before this happend after a...well job well done on fucking up a wall with some ugly shit throwies..u know the rest)

Oh and to limit--I made a female cap work on a spray can :-D I just de-dicked a male cap and strapped that on the feme--Call it choppy--but its a chick with a dick now :) pretty fuckin awesom fat female one too

PEACE [/b][/quote]
    what hes tryin to say is dont bomb the yard cus ur heating it out for urself and others...when rail workers see that there is graffiti being done there they will increase security.