Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Separates The Toys From The Veterans

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SFC, Sep 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. -kosr-

-kosr- Senior Member

"Fuck all you toys! Me and my boy cope two are going out, Im gonna get some mad Still Free Crew ups while you losers post on the internet"

:lol: toys never learn.

2. Tade

Tade Senior Member

Veterans are the writers who new kids look up to for inspiration and ideas. the whole "Toy" thing is stupid. graffiti will always progress, and get more complex, and more intricate. Seen, cope2, delta, t-kid 170, blade, saber, ewok 5mh, cycle, mare 139, daim... all were new to graff at one point. they just got up, and got their names seen by everyone. everyone starts out as a newbie though. ragging on new graff writers isnt gonna help graffiti progress. it'll only discourage new kids from practicing and getting their shit up.

3. *570 Ambush

*570 Ambush Senior Member

toys are the ones that see awsome hands and dont understand it or why its good, or why a sweet throwie is good, and dont know can controle and go around writin over good peices to get there names out and dont think they wont get found, and tells everyone what they do, and writes there tag on there arm at school so everyone can see and think its cool (i know this cuz in my area people are actually starting and doing this). a vet is basicly the oppisite-can controle-they know whos better-they conceal themselves to everyone but graffiti writer(and maybe there girl)

4. CoKKeYONe

CoKKeYONe Senior Member

i'm down with you

there are kids in my town about 10-11 yrs old, they write STILL FREE, GHETTO, GANG, MAFIA and other shit like that. I fuckin played getting up but i never wrote
    still free or something similar. Then they go over
    every piece and tag (they went over my friends piece). I'm just wondering why they have no respect for others???
    When i started i wanted to learn more and more and i asked couple of vets
    for advices. Today it's all about beefing :angry:

5. westce

westce Member

alot of the shit that "pioneered" graff in the 70s was wack toy stuff

6. -testify-

-testify- Senior Member

7. St Mikal

St Mikal Senior Member

toys:
    - demonstrate a very basic level of creativity and ability to visualize their letters
    -usually want to rock a name that sounds ill or mean something.
    -try to make their style more complex than necessary
    -think better tools make a better writer
    -have a very basic style that has not gone thru the evolution of time.
    -have styles or throw letters highly infulenced/copied off their favorite writers (Sice?)
    -have generic looking shit

vets:
    -have a high level of creativity and visualized images
    -make meaningless letters seem bigger than life/have personality
    -have appropriate level of complexity to their styles
    -can write equally well with any tool they have at their disposal
    -have multiple stlyes, conversions and different styles for different places/locations
    -have an evolved style (multiple refinement) (VFR)
    -have a unique look/stlye

8. CaNs

CaNs Member

well i feel like there are different ways in which to be a toy. as far as my skills go i would consider my self a toy, but as far as my knowledge and morals and up's i would not consider myself a toy, also my handstyle isn't that bad, but i think that handstyle is the least important part of graff.

9. CaNs

CaNs Member

i fuckin said thats not my name and this is for OPINIONS
    yall need to talk to the dude whos name is trane
    and quit thinking yall are tough shit just cus yall are ranked higher
    i dont spend my whole time on the computer like yall punks
    im out writing [/b][/quote]
    ohhh strike! one of the key marks of a toy is the overuse of slang. i hate it when people do that, goddamit everyone who does that STOP! I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!

10. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

"MASE" (1979) (THE ORIGINAL NY GANGSTA GRAFFITI WRITER) showed me a magazine of his from way back in the day talking about can control.

"CAN CONTROL SEPERATES THE MEN FROM THE BOYS, TRUE SOLDIERS FROM THE TOYS"

11. Grigory Rasputin

Grigory Rasputin Senior Member

12. Excalibur

Excalibur Senior Member

yep yep, that's how you start, and if, if, you become a legend, that's what people are gonna look for, your origins

13. cwazy

cwazy Senior Member

there something i dont understand
    if you dont tag but fraffiti respect other righter and that your letter structure and can control is not that bad and if you just started your not a toy?

14. Klone

Klone Senior Member

what? :blink:

15. nitemare

nitemare Member

A TOY-->PLAIN AND SIMPLE A WACK ASS WRITER(MOSTLY JUST BEGAN)..DOESNT UNDERSTAND WAT GETTIN' UP REALLY MEANS(AND I AIN'T TALKIN BOUT DA GAME)

A VET-->SUM1 WHOSE BEEN IN THE GAME 4 A WHILE..BEEN CAUGHT UP.

A KING-->SIMULAR LIKE A VET. BUT ALSO IS MASTER AT ALL FORMS(TAGS, HITUPS,PEICES).AND LOTS OF THEM (AND OF COURSE BILLBOARDS)

\/\/\/\/\/\~-->ME IM A VET. U KNO BEEN IN THE GAME BOUT 4YRS AND STILL DONT PLAN ON STOPPIN<------------

16. RemoZ

RemoZ Senior Member

I see my Skill at a TOy level but i see my knowledge and Respect at a High level. I'm not really into doing Murals at all.(lack of skill is to blame :) ) I'm more of a bomber than anything so other than getting my name up people will always see me as a toy in the way you guys put it.

17. nitemare

nitemare Member

hey ur getting it...boming is just toy level and nothing but

so good luck

18. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

toy = toy

veteran = veteran

19. Socrates

Socrates Senior Member

this thread is sooo stupidd

20. u4ia one

u4ia one New Member

hmmm toys are ones with no style, kids using others names [non original in all aspects]. toys make the mecca look disgusting toys think they are fresh when in acuallity they have no letter structure. toys get written over. then come back now a days with bravado like they are worth something. if i see some one that is shit i instinctivly think they are a tweenie starting out yet thats not always true. u can be writing for 15 years with a peanut throw and some wack straight style, up all over and in my eyes u are still a toy.15 yrs and no evolution of style.give it up.

i have been at it for 14 yrs many name changes and a a organic off the dome style yet i not sure am a vet im a writer
    :ph34r:

why am i posting this response its so TOY!!! :D