Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Each

Each Senior Member

i thought i heard somewhere that that didnt work. guess it was "those voices". thanks

2. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

No problem. Don't forget, you can't always believe what you read on the internet. Just experiment.

3. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

printer paper works, newsprint works - you can buy big pads of newsprint at most art shops. Tissue paper works but it's super delicate and kinda fussy to paste up. I have a big roll of 120 g/w drawing paper that I have been using for posters....its a bit heavier than I'd like, but I bought a massive roll and have to use it up. Still works but it's easier to buff.

The thinner the paper the harder it is to remove from the wall once the paste is dry.

4. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I'm all about going big when it comes to posters, but somehow this is probably my favorite post in this thread. I love the cleverness of these. You've so got it going on girl.

5. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

thanks man, really appreciate it :)

I've been wanting to do more big stuff, but for some reason these little guys really appealed to me. I like to think that they would be really surprising for anyone who happened to notice them. Like little hidden treasures.

All the photos ^^ were really close up....when you see them in the street they are sooo tiny. This one shows the scale a bit better.

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3067_2683990857_522956be89.png

6. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

Innocence Lost.....

(new ups)

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3102_2693812939_08076b9a2a.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3038_2693815033_9e71bba017.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3106_2693817279_e5495d2cd9.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3029_2693807195_89e97b0741.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3057_2694640774_474db1a881.png

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3183_2693823213_47242bb158.png

7. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

indigo-Like the new posters. They remind me of something off of a tim burton movie.guy who was asking about paper- Newsprint is the best way to go. Its cheap, thin, and you get alot of bang for your buck. dont wanna go big? it cuts easy. 50 sheets for 5 bucks at hobby lobby.New ones. the character below is actually a guy I used with one of my older names.
    [Broken External Image]:http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/Shadrick15/Coipodn-1.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/Shadrick15/Coipodn2-1.jpg

8. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

I also put one up at a bus stop with a caption that says "congradulations. Your riding the bus. I hope this enteratained you while you were waiting for it."

9. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

@ m+s - sure, I can send u a couple of these posters. they're too big to put on sticker paper.....

@ CHUB - thanks :)

10. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

I made some stickers up using Avery Stickers (Mailing labels) about half the size of a CD case and i tried sticking to metal (My desk...It was raining lol) and they just peeled right off again. What do you suggest i use?

Also... I want to do little tiny paste up (an inch or so by an inch) but i need to be covert so i though of using a small brush (1 inch), a 200ml or so squezze bottle or so full of paste but what woul i do with the brush afterwards?

11. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Put it inside a ziplog bag, or throw it inside the bottle of paste.

12. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

so carry it in my pocket in a ziploc?

13. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Are you doing just 1 paste?

14. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

no im gonna do a run of little tiny ones on like bust stops and signs

15. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

Oh, then I recommend just throwing it inside the ziploc bag after each paste.

16. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

Hey does anyone know if its normal for the flour to settle to the bottom if you let the paste sit for awhile? Usually ill mix it for 5 mins, and let it sit cause I usually do some stuff before I go out pasting, and Ill look and its all at the bottom, so i have to restir it and keep shaking it till I get to the spot. Maybe IM not mixing it good enough?

17. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

you gotta cook it. not just mix it.

18. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

I know. I cant though cause my rents usually are in the kitchen where the cooking would take place, and they know im not the kind to bake a cake or anything :p. usually all my mixes have turned out good and have held good, I just gotta make sure to stir it up before I go out.

19. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

Btw Im taking most of my pictures off here. Someone who used to graff with me ended up getting busted and the cops had confiscated the computer, and apperently are doing some in depth research on it, and im just taking a precaution in case this stumble upon this thread. Maybe im just bieng paranoid? Anyways im sure they can check the IP address so im not taking any chances. Sorry guys.

20. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

but when i used avery stickers on metal they just peeled off again, what do you suggest i use for stickers?

Can i use the LOKI 2.0?