Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpasting 'n Posters

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DNA, Nov 19, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Klone

Klone Senior Member

2. moltov

moltov Senior Member

EWWWW one time I made wheat paste and when ever I smelt it or got a wiff of it, I gagged it smelled like dead bodies mixed with puke and piss lol

3. paint fumes have rotted my brain

paint fumes have rotted my brain Senior Member

<!--QuoteBegin-AT AT
    @Nov 6 2006, 10:01 PM
    i made som and it was like a weird half blob half milk thing . i think it was expired[/quote]
    uh i dunno what you said i didnt read the whole post but it gave me inspiration for this tagging milk carton.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3710/milkycc6.jpg

and cezr i love your work, those paste-ups in your sig are made dope and i loved the "hugs not thugs" one you did, keep up the good work

4. Klone

Klone Senior Member

yooo c'mon, less talk and more pics..

5. dest-ne

dest-ne Senior Member

aye klone u get mah message?

6. Klone

Klone Senior Member

nah? my inbox empty?

7. merm 1

merm 1 Senior Member

8. wookiE

wookiE Senior Member

the box around the text looks out of place but nice base photo

9. JAPe

JAPe New Member

10. AT AT

AT AT Senior Member

put thy stunner shades on . lolercaust . ay .

11. LeShaun

LeShaun New Member

Damn, why is everyone so hostile up in this place? Does everyone have to hate? Oh well...

I read on the Wiki that using bleached white flour is better than actual wheat flour, more adhesive. It also said that using newsprint is a good idea because it's harder to take off. I was thinking of making a poster of James Brown with the caption "Lest We Forget The Funk," or "Lest We Forget the Godfather." I should probably get that up while this month is still going, what do you think.

Yo, are you retarded? 9/11 was supposed to be the Afghanis doing, not Iraq, that war is about something totally different and irrelevant. Bush killed two birds with one stone, he's avenging his father like brainwashed child and [obviously] made the world forget that he couldn't find Osama....

12. merm 1

merm 1 Senior Member

13. ~LOOK~

~LOOK~ Senior Member

it looks cool, i dont know about the underlines though

14. LeShaun

LeShaun New Member

Keep the words there, but use the stencil font and nix the underlining, 'cause the underline makes it look like some government organization made it.

15. MASTE2

MASTE2 Member

I've been experimenting with different mixtures of flour and water, but the same problem always happens. I store it in jars (airtight ones I think) but it kind of forms into some type of jelly shit after an hour or so. Any tips?

16. JAPe

JAPe New Member

That happens to me, but all I have to do is shake up the jar and then it isn't as solid anymore.

17. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

You need to add more water and store it in the fridge. Don't bother keeping it longer than a week. If you're gonna store it for long periods, just use Teknabond. And add sugar to your wheatepaste. Makes it more permanent.

18. LeShaun

LeShaun New Member

Probably too much flour; or if you added another ingredient to make it more adhesive, it's having a bad reaction and making it jelly.

19. MASTE2

MASTE2 Member

Nope, just straight up flour water and sugar like one of the instructions posted before. I thought I followed the directions clearly but idk. I'll do a third test later today.

20. LeShaun

LeShaun New Member

Damn man, I don't know then...

I've got a question, how long is the life of wheat-paste once it's been applied? Like if I wanted to do a fairly large poster, how possible would it be? Probably a matter of how fast I can get it and the poster on, eh?