Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

WHY YOU GUYS GRAFF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aero, May 3, 2005.

Share This Page

?

why you guys graff?

1. for the fame

13.0%
  2. cause you love art

20.2%
  3. for your friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. to express yourself

21.5%
  5. to destroy

8.5%
  6. for the adrenaline boost you get when you go on a big spot

15.8%
  7. none of the above

21.1%
  1. Case-One

Case-One Senior Member

i do it cause the feeling of the paint comin out my hand, the smell of paint, lookin at what you just did, the rush, it's the best, it's an unexplainable thing what most us graff writers do, it's a fuckin underground art with groups of random kids who can appreciate feeling art first hand, fuck school and fuck all these major art crits who think they know what art is and that it should be in galleries and shit, fuck them, this is ours and we fucking love it

2. SkuzSCT

SkuzSCT Senior Member

My personal graffiti addiction was born of many reasons. It all started out of depression, boredom, and hatred for the place I was living. I decided it would be a good way to boost my self esteem, nothing quite helps build confidence like FAME even in small doses. As soon as kids started asking who did this piece and that piece at the skatepark I quickly decided that the streets were a better choice for spreading the name and fame, plus I still hated where I was so It felt great to just go out and blatantly bomb shit everywhere. I started in a small city so it really wasn't to hard to go all city quick. Graff definately helped me through some rough times and has kept me from feeling like murkin' myself many times.

At the same time though you have to be careful with bombing in small places especially because if you come up quick in an area you'll get jealous toys, which results in them getting caught, and unfortunately that can lead to snitches. I was snitched out by half a dozen or so underage toy writers who obviously didn't realize that they didn't have to rat anyone out to save their asses and unfortunatly, I'm fighting some legal battles to this day over that shit.

you've just gotta take the good with the bad and be fucking careful! Graff shit isn't something you should ever inform anyone you can't trust about, and also, you've gotta know where you draw too much negative attention from bombing and shit like that.

3. Sunk

Sunk Senior Member

4. STR-WHO

STR-WHO Guest

because it pisses off conformist dickhole jerkoff pricks

5. Blam!

Blam! Senior Member

I do graff to forget about ever fucking bullshit thing i have going on in my life at the time, when i hit a great tag i forget about every thing in my life, and evey thing seen good. and a bit of the fame i aint goin lie.

6. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

i started and i cant stop, that simple.

7. INDO1SNMK

INDO1SNMK Member

i do graff cuz how i see it only a select handfull of people are blessed with the skills of graffiti and i was one of them i do graff for everyone who doughts it for everyone who sees graffiti as a crime not a form of art.i know i will get fame one day but wat does that matter if you dont got love.

MERCILEZ/1-11

8. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

i do it as an escape from all the shit, the pain and the crap in my life

9. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

lol fucking hardcore :rolleyes:

10. SIAH

SIAH Senior Member

love of art...grew up in the streets...one thing lead to another

11. Skesh

Skesh Elite Member

None of above
    I just like to do it for myself, chilling with some friends at a legal spot
    and illegal is fun because of the adrenaline rush and to see your piece in daylight

12. GIZER N.O.

GIZER N.O. Member

i do it to make my city look good and cus i cant stop

13. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

epress myself and it's my fav type of art. Im an artist and my canvas is the city, i love how one's art is done on the society they live in and not in some fucking museum. Graffiti reaches out the most out of all types of art.

14. CESA

CESA Member

I hope you can respect me for this... but I don't do street anymore.
    I'm purely art. I appreciate to the fullest other forms of art, but I lend my attention more toward graffiti.

15. m0zer

m0zer Senior Member

i respect that. i do it for fun and work.

16. overdue

overdue Senior Member

17. Rambooboo

Rambooboo Senior Member

it is like crack cant stop more i see it more i need it and i dont have to pay for canvas the govt does (rich bastards)

18. DatKidWitDaKandyCoatedNecklace

DatKidWitDaKandyCoatedNecklace Senior Member

i Do Graffiti Because It Makes Me Gangsta As Fuck

19. Maste

Maste Senior Member

^haha

i do it cause i like to make shit that looks good (to me at least ;)) and cause i started hanging out with kids who were in a crew and they were sketching all the time and i wanted to be as good as them

20. eater

eater Member

because its that one thing where you can just be like fuck you mom fuck everyone else imma go out and bomb the fuckn city and rack everything in my path ye dig

thats what it is mang just ventin