Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

writers block....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by d.a.t., Aug 23, 2009.

Share This Page

1. nixon

nixon Member

just start writing shit in handstyles. anything, do the alphabet, do it backwards (helps with the drunk test). then once you get your flow, run with it.

2. Ayber

Ayber Member

catch a few graff vids on on google yo, always gets me pumped. take a drive to your cities graff infested area and check the block out while bumpin your tunes.

3. B-36

B-36 Senior Member

This. Dont force it, just put on some chill beat and relax.

4. unamuzed

unamuzed Member

watch the movie 5AM

5. earf

earf Senior Member

watch exit through the gift shop
    i know its street art but it always inspires me

6. jrm36

jrm36 Member

Take break and look at some inspirational photos

7. MrRaphyRoo

MrRaphyRoo Member

JUST DO NOT DO GRAFF, this will probs make me sound like a 'Non' true graff writer but it helped in the long run, basicly i wasnt getting better, i'd been doing it for a year, and my work waqsnt improving and it freaked me out, i started putting holes in walls, smashing the chairs of the floor and everything lul, and after about 8 months of not trying i'd started up again (about 3 days ago lol) and BAMMMM, My drawings improved (dunno how lul) and millions of ideas burst through my head, i can make a completely different piece (on paper) in about 20 minutes now (that's classed as an itermediate beginner or average piece of work - nothing too special), but my problem is my drawing.. i'm not the most accurate drawer but not the worst, i guess that'll just come in time... lets just hope i dont have to smash a few chairs or walls in that process lol!

8. sykegraffiti

sykegraffiti Member

go walk around the local spot for piecing or just walk down some alleys until you spot something that you like, get inspired :) or if your lucky enough to have a mentor or friends that write, g bombing with them or atleast just flip through thier blackbook to see some new shit

9. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

go back to simple stuff again.

10. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

Banksy fuckin' blows balls. He just bites Blek le Rat.

11. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

interesting film tho. mr. whatever is a doosh hes funny to watch.

12. no-sleep

no-sleep Senior Member

yo raphy roo
    post your stuff from 8 months ago and we can see if its worse than what you put in the intermed thread

13. KingZero

KingZero Member

I go outside, walk the streets whether it be rural or suburbian, light up a cig and put on some good music and let shit flow. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. After all art is all about freedom and expression. Chill out, do whatever makes you relax, go to what ever place inspires you and just start drawing or whatever man. Try something new if you feel stagnant or in a rut. Thats what I do anyways.

14. HazeTng

HazeTng Member

Like someone said here, practice your handy on some pieces of paper, flip through a few pieces you've done on your black book and eventually you're going to get in the mood. Personally I like to blast Jeru and Gangstarr while I sketch.

15. AnufDrama

AnufDrama Member

Do alot of drugs and listen to ralxing beat and bump handstlyes or peices but dont erase anything just try and improve what youve done on the next page dont erase though.. im telling you and goooo waaay out of your comfort zone..

16. GonE Graff

GonE Graff New Member

Being that i also have writers block, i just rummage through the forums and see what other people have posted, if they have a good peice, i try to do a similar peice with my own tag, then i will work on some stuff that ive been thinking about doing, then i just let everything flow on the paper and hope for the best. Seems like that is how i usually do it, that or just not write for a couple days and come back to it.

17. AnufDrama

AnufDrama Member

Isint that kind of like biting? ^ usuin other dudes styles with your tag... I dont know but thats what im thinking... Just try shit that doesnt even make sense to you rip shit and add randome ass extensions.. find your own style..