Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

younger writers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticWolf43, Feb 7, 2021.

Share This Page

1. ArcticWolf43

ArcticWolf43 Senior Member

hey so im 14 in the bay area and ive been interested in graffiti for a few years but never gotten the chance to do any of my own - I recently started using kingspray on VR so i was doing some googling of graff and i found this site. i posted this thread cause i want to meet any writers around my age

2. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

Im 16 UK Just did My first tag today, I have been lurking on subreddits and cowering from actually trying for a while but im ready to make some moves in my area

3. Swul

Swul Senior Member

Ayo I'm 18 from US. I've been obsessed with graffiti since like 6th grade and just now got over my fear of my parents lol. Honestly tho once you get up it's SO worth it.

4. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

I feel ya man, been up all night drawing designs

5. Swul

Swul Senior Member

For real. Like the itch to just buy all the paint I can and just go out it inSANeee

6. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

Im waitin a couple days but I got myself a couple peeps that wanna come with me so thatll be summat.
    I got A LOT done last night just scribblin with music and got some new styles to try with spray
    Cant wait to go insane aswell

7. Swul

Swul Senior Member

Bro I need me a CREW! I have friends that appreciate graffiti but they can't DO it lol

8. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

Yeah its rough finding like minded people and its so scary to bring up in case of snitches. Im sure youll find a crew But honestly starting off I think its best to get used to it alone as the anxiety can be infectious so either get with an experienced crew or be the experienced one in the crew, am i making sense? anyway youll find ya peeps just do ya own thing until you see some peeps that seem like your people or if your people are open to try it

9. Swul

Swul Senior Member

Yeah tbh I like writing alone because then I don't have to worry bout like other people people. You bring up a good point tho, it's prolly better to just write alone for a bit until a crew comes up. thanks

10. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

ey no worries Its a weird time getting into it and like im brand new. Just doing my best and hope itll get me through
    also this may just be paranoid me but I really look into good ways to evade and ways to stay safe because whats the point on painting well if ya get caught doing it

11. Swul

Swul Senior Member

Trueee like I'm decent at painting actually but the time aspect adds a whole new part. Like I see all these burners and wonder how they did it in time!!

12. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

I was fortunate to have a freerunning and parkour fascination before this and it carried over,I think a lot of it is time management and getting it done at night or early morning

13. Swul

Swul Senior Member

OoOH noicee. Yeah that's true. Im a loser and still live at home with my parents so the biggest struggle is actually getting out lol

14. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

I mean same but I get secluded spaces after schoolwork and gonna start going on "late night runs" which is true in some senses

15. Swul

Swul Senior Member

haHAA YES! I love that!

16. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

I have so many things I need to test out when I get the paint's There'll be a lot of "late night runs" :p hope it works out for you aswell lol

17. Swul

Swul Senior Member

Lets gooo! I wish I could use that excuse! I'm off to college soon so imma just hit up the whole city when I go:))))

18. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

Be careful on getting caught, cctv everywhere dont ruin your college over a tag try some out of area stuff

19. Swul

Swul Senior Member

pfft you right! Imma be careful

20. Crimdaughter

Crimdaughter Member

Good, I got to start by sleep deprived day, av a good one