Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Self-tought Or You Had A Tutor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKalien, Dec 15, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you learn

1. Self-tought

79.5%
  2. had somewhat of a tutor

15.7%
  3. had somebody hold your hand the whole way to teach you

0.8%
  4. bites off somebody else

3.9%
  1. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

I learned on my own... but I guess I can't really say that because I was raised on this site so I guess someone was always there to help me.

2. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

Self taught all the way.Only later did people start to influence me somewhat.

3. STUTERS-DAILY

STUTERS-DAILY Member

self tought. was inspired by other writers but learned myself

4. boodah

boodah Senior Member

Self taught for the most part.

5. provinT13

provinT13 Senior Member

Pretty much self taught, atleast when I first started. Met a decent writer but only painted with him a few times then he moved, he showed me a few things, but not a whole lot.

6. KidReny!

KidReny! Senior Member

Half and half I teach myself but my homie who's ALOT better tells me what shit is good i do and whats not. Im pretty lucky to I think ive progressed alot in m 1st year.

7. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

8. El Chupacabre

El Chupacabre Senior Member

9. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Shit, I kind of wonder. Because someone put me on to it. Dude gave/ gives legit crits. Still paint with him, but I suppose he was the Jedi Master and I was the "Padowan."

Long live the King?

10. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Shit, I kind of wonder. Because someone put me on to it. Dude gave/ gives legit crits. Still paint with him, but I suppose he was the Jedi Master and I was the "Padowan."

Long live the King?

11. Get Rekt!

Get Rekt! Senior Member

ive been learning on my own. i dont know anybody else who writes. so every bit of advice ive gotten is from people that dont write or people here on bs

12. NiL

NiL Elite Member

I started out doing my own shit for a month then found this site, and went on from there. Then I become a toy that was teaching my friends how to get better and then I gave up all together.

13. JAX

JAX New Member

self taught. started with stencils of shit, then tagging. moving to a new city soon, so i'll have to start all over. which is going to be interesting!

14. Selfunk

Selfunk New Member

This kid i used to go to middle school with tought me the basics, but i developed my own style over time.

15. Noz

Noz Senior Member

sorta started on my own.. But then i found bombing science and got help.

16. RETZONE

RETZONE Member

I always like seeing graffiti on the trains as a kid so I started writing on walls. Pretty much self taught, drawing on paper is good practice.

17. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

"Yeezy taught me" lol I actually learned from a mentor/rival and the influence and inspiration of BORF at the time.

18. cincygraff

cincygraff Member

learned my handstyle mah self no bite. getting into throwies and bombing and how the game worked had someone tell me what the fuck was going on in certain areas. also needed help with a straight letter and stuff like that. but learned by my self what was going on and practiced. did a lotta shit black book work before i found a good style.

REP THE 513 CINCINNATI BRUH. NOEP UP ERY WHERE

FUCK EROR
    bENZ props bro we miss the up

19. Skeptic90

Skeptic90 Member

self taught. in a way unfortunately but then again its nice to have developed my own style and i have done my fair share of shit black books but have had a few good sketches and shit. been writing on and off since i was 8. just picked it back up early this year

20. Solace_one

Solace_one Member

Looking back, I remember similarities between things I drew in Elementary and a couple Blade pieces. As for handstyles, I've always, ALWAYS been making them.

However, my heroes are SPUD, NSC#, and DRAKE, fo' sure. Just to name a few.

I've never had a lesson from a writer--and there are actually shitloads of them in Lexington.

FHC, BTS, KS, TM, PKY, et al. crews, and mine is a pitiful comparison. I have to say that I am my crew's dopest writer--but I AM founder....
    No boast, btw, I'm not THAT cold. But all my apprentices are toys in a MAJOR way. I'd like to meet a REAL writer, and make friends some day soon.

Actually, that student teacher @ TCHS was a writer.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010