Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Exchange between massacreman and myself

ai50.tinypic.com_nlbo6o.jpg

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm73_danger_i_1538745f.jpg

2. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Also did my own name cos I liked the cracks, lol

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm73_danger_i_3cb45056.jpg

3. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i like that style awe.... pretty clean... if u made the 3d a little more detailed with shading itd look even better, and keep it on point, the S in the ages piece has some problems in the 3d... but overall its dope

4. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Cheers man, I try to keep clear of s's, lol, and I'm having dificulty doing decent shading with these pens, 'stabilo pen 68' nice colours but they blotch to fook, I'm on 165gsm paper too, thort these pens would ease it a little seeing as they set me back 25 sheets for 15 :O maybe I should just stick to crayons :(

5. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

i like the cracked look
    problems i notice are the 3d as zook already said but it also looks like the mid rear curve of the s is on a different plane than the rest of the letters.

overall i think its quite cool and clean tho
    keep it up bud

6. kew1

kew1 Senior Member

7. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

8. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

Tofe go fucking simpler. Jesus fucking christ you arn't improving at fucking all!

9. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

10. Get Rekt!

Get Rekt! Senior Member

11. woonybomber

woonybomber Banned

we been telling this nigguh the same shit for months now he dont listen

12. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

start over. minus arrows, 3d, and circles.... and anything thats not straight simp...

13. woonybomber

woonybomber Banned

he is not gonna listen to youu there is no point its like a big *face palm*

yeo stop trying this nigguh wont listen he will tell you he cant help the flow that goes though his mind
    trust iv tried alot of us have its not gonna work

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  14. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

ok, get rid of the arrows. they look bad. smoothen out your lines and make it look more natural. the way your bars fold back at the ends of your T and F are atrocious.

dont make the bars so dynamic in the sense of how they bend. the top of your E for example. make it more of a 90 degree angle on the inside. like a boring keyboard E. just until you get get angling down, a few times will help a lot. then you can go back and smoothen out the edges and bending it down to make it funkier. your letters arnt the worst ive ever seen. but theres tons of room for improvement

if you seriously want to improve your letters rather than just coloring on paper then just do outline. in pen. no color. coloring just takes away time from more outlines you could be doing. if you sketch 15 outlines a day for a month, i can gaurentee you'll make more of an improvement in that one month than you have since you joined.

once you get your boring simple lettering down than you can let loose an see what looks good and not. also, the top bar of your T shouldnt have the verticle inlines going through the horizontal bar. i wouldnt try and do characters and objects to replace letters yet. get all your letters on the same level. otherwise your gonna be stuck with a decent TFE and your Os gonna be boring and ugly ya know?

hopefully that helps

15. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

16. pleasedontstayr

pleasedontstayr Senior Member

fuck even your simples suck...

17. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

Agreed. Still need work.

18. StuttersDaily

StuttersDaily Member

19. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

tofe did you even attempt fixing any of the things guyer told you?

20. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

keep it up tofe, theres improvement in parts that needed it. raise the top bar of your T to make it a capital on the gray straight, make them all capitals for now. dont bother connecting the top bar of your F with the E. dont bother filling it. id say it was a decent stop in an hour

the brown ones definatly the best. simple, but enough style to have a flow to it. outline just the outside of the letters, not the individual bars of the letter

that brown straight isnt bad at all. take that simple and adjust the 90 angle of the bottom bar on the E make it smooth and have a curve upwards of prolly only 30 degrees if you know what im sayin? itll smoothen it out and add more style to it. the TOF isnt bad. add little hooks NOT ARROWS but hooks to the bottom of the top bar on your T on both sides. try it out and post it back up and we'll see how it looks bro

Last edited: May 25, 2010