Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ian

ian Elite Member

two more, tried to give em more flow

ai.imgur.com_YIHmel.jpg

ai.imgur.com_Mo2cJl.jpg

youth-dope style, i like your colorful fills a lot

splrt-better, but still not there, you need to do some more keyboard letters to learn how your letters are made up of different bars then incorporate the same bars into your pieces, a few of your things just dont quite line up right

erkl-those are all pretty good, although i hope the first and last say urkl because if not that is some kinda fucked E

2. urks

urks Member

thanks. ye they got that U in em. yo the first flick is clean but you gotta get rid of the elongated extensions on the N, S, & E. just shorten em up and you'll be good to go.

3. KAWT

KAWT Member

i'm pretty toy i know, but i am really rusty because i haven't done graff for a few months. i did a quick piece in class and wanted some advice with it. here's a picture...
    View attachment 602010

4. DarthMario

DarthMario Member

any thoughts? don't like the D, messed up the shadow too as I used a bold tip

Attached Files:

5. KAWT

KAWT Member

thanks bro. i have some crits for yours,
    -it's well structured and it's good you didn't go all try hard on it
    -dope character next to it
    -the fill is really interisting
    but you should of done it bigger since it looks like something that would be on a train

6. Skope2

Skope2 Senior Member

KAWT, that piece is incredibly messy... Take it alot simpler. Drop all of the whack extensions, they mess up your letter structure and make it hard to see whats a letter and what isnt. Your bars are also very uneven, you should work on the proportions a bit more.
    I cant stress this enough, those extensions are ruining the piece.

7. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

Noise - what Urks said, the first one is nice but not the extensions
    Kawt - Start over completely and use bars and/or keyboard letters
    WMD - Some serious flaws in it, 3D is not correct at all. The letters themselves need work, use bars, and I hate to say it but the karak is not dope as KAWT claims....

8. MadHeat

MadHeat New Member

New to this forum crits welcome

Attached Files:

9. ViniVidiVici

ViniVidiVici Senior Member

I like them, but not the last one, first one is iffy too. I would say the second one is the best but the A is slightly confusing.

New old stuff, basically just tried to fix some of my old doodles.
    Tried to fix the D and N bars
    0316111300-01.jpg
    Tried to fix the D bars and the O
    0316111300-00.jpg
    Tried to make the D bigger to look better
    0316111300-02.jpg

Ds are killing me lately, hard to find good ways to manipulate the bars but still retain the letter.... If that makes sense....

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  10. MadHeat

MadHeat New Member

Noise~ I like the bottom style a lot better, Keep it simpler. heres a mod I did of it..

Youth~ Its dope just watch the leg of the Y keep it as simple as the rest of the letterss

Attached Files:

11. pointman

pointman Senior Member

Random sketches today during a lecture

Attached Files:

12. nah!

nah! Banned

13. KAWT

KAWT Member

14. ian

ian Elite Member

more from class lol, similar to last, took your advice and lost the large extensions
    ai.imgur.com_Fj1X8l.jpg

NAH, whats up with that wird thing on the N? dont break your letters and lost the cuts on the N and A, work on your bars, make them consistent, the left of the A has a funky bend in it, the middle of the N is too thin, and the middle of the A and H are also kinda thin. the bottom left of the N is weird too

SPLRT, those are both pretty fucked, your bars tend to get thinner around curves and fatter at their ends and when you take them through other bars, they dont line up. you really need to do some keyboard letters to get their structure down.

MadHeat, thanks for that sketch, ill keep those changes in mind. you're stuffs lookin pretty good, pretty clean, although im not feelin how thin parts of the bars are on that last bit.

ViniVidiVici, the DO on the first one aren't bad, but the NE are pretty fucked. second one is decent at best, the last one the only good letter is the h, also the S in your handie needs work ;)

KAWT, first is alright, the second one is pretty fucked though, especially that A. id like to see the bars for that lol

EDIT: another one i just whipped up, don't think Y's are a good letter for me lol

ai.imgur.com_i8yw5.png

and all you nigguhs need to get over to the battle thread and vote on the round robin

15. KAWT

KAWT Member

ian - the first on has bars but the second one didn't. and on the sketches, the first one is dope with a nice background but you should try some new shit with your style. the second one is good but you randomly changed your name and people usually don't like the letter Y anyway. and your S should have been bigger or just positioned more down

16. ian

ian Elite Member

well you should use bars for everything, all the time, period. try to find a good piece where bars were not used, they don't exist, and if they do, the writer has spent years working with bars and has a thorough understanding of how letters are built. you, however, do not have that, and therefore should use bars, ALWAYS. as for mine, i didnt change my name, just did an alternate spelling, tryin out some new letters, gettin practice, thats what its all about. NOYS, NOISE, NOIZ, NOYZ, all pronounced the same, different spellings. as for the S i was sorta trying to alternate bigger and smaller letters, and i tried to make it similar to the o, thanks for the input though, now get back to your simples, you need it

17. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

Can't help but think I missed something, Started on this just today. Would crit some people but I can't really see anything on the page right now. Please crit me and I'll owe you one thanks.Oh yeah it's not close to done. plan on coloring it and all that jazz have any ideas I'd appreciate hearing em.

Attached Files:

18. urks

urks Member

you obviously can draw. gotta work on your lettering. lose the goofy arrow extension on your F, and personally i dont like the extensions that flair out on the E.

19. Dcicfhbimv

Dcicfhbimv Senior Member

Yeah I felt like the arrow was pushing it but at least you can read what I wrote. That itself is a step forward in my book. By the way it's nowhere near done. So I'll see what I can do to make it less goofy as far as the "e" goes. What would you do with the "e" if you don't mind me asking cause leaving it as a standard E looked weak.

20. urks

urks Member

^^ at least make the letters uniform in size... from there you can play with minor extensions but i wouldnt go too nuts, since the rest of your lettering is blocked.