Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

@Bas I think the color scheme is throwing it off a bit. Don't take that the wrong way now though, because it's super clean and a damn good drawing.
    @Mues getting better my man, keep sketchin like dank said.

Variation i did off of the last sketch.
    ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_credsketchstyle1.png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. RaWs3kz

RaWs3kz Senior Member

@cred- i feel like ever since i said something about u doin the same simples over and over- u been bustin out some real nice work...keep it up man props

3. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

Thanks man, i have to agree with ya. Made me want to make my shit as perfect as possible before i post.

also a less quality sketch for talk
    ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_69102562x_1_1.jpg

4. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

5. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Indeed! Try pinching the top of the C and D in... if that makes sense. I just wanna see how it looks. that color combo looks great.

6. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

Cred i like the purple one better. Those bars off the ends of the letters ruin it for me idk.

afarm6.staticflickr.com_5443_6938509440_585f092905.png
    oie_16194491VaqYdnZ
    not happy with the w but trying new things..

7. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

yeah i feel ya on that Norf. I like where you're going with that one. maybe on the W where the O leads into the middle bars make it connect to the left bar of the W (if you get what i mean). The extensions look nice though.

Quick sketch from class today.
    ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_6596992x.jpg

8. Axil

Axil Senior Member

Fuck Cred i remember when you was doing simple and now you doing this crazy shit :p

Please watch my video <3

9. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

hey cred, fix the middle part of your E. it kind of throws off the flow. You could also just shorten the line going across the middle for bar consistency.

Gowj, if you got rid of the crazy color scheme, did that clean with a nice drop shadow, you'd be steezin yo

10. Freddy Avila

Freddy Avila Member

11. Freddy Avila

Freddy Avila Member

12. Bas

Bas Senior Member

@Cred: Nothing's taken the wrong way. I appreciate the comments. And indeed, I think I went overboard with the amount of different colours. The scheme doesn't completely work. Also, the smoke shouldn't have been grey because it's hardly noticeable against the background, and therefore feels a little off. However, I still had no idea that I was going to do this for the background at that point.
    And as already has been said quite a few times before: your progression is fantastic and your dedication admirable. Great work.

13. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

Cred - the production process you had gone through dose not seem to be similar to what other guys try to do.
    mind explaining to us how you've been able to develope these ideas for a way to do this?

14. centrysam

centrysam Senior Member

15. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

He listened to what motherfuckers said and put in work. He had a passion and he put some soul into this shit. And that's something we can all learn from.

16. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

@Dempo Basically what SOL said haha. I also would just do my best to understand what it is that makes a sketch look good, using terms like structure and flow is nice and all but you have to understand what those really are and how they can be applied to your letters. When i finish a sketch i take a good 15 minute cig break and during that i try to pick out every mistake i can see in it, then i go back and re-sketch the whole thing correcting those mistakes, then repeat, and eventually shit just get's to the point where you barely make any dumb mistakes and can actually start tweaking stuff to add some steez. Also take every single crit into consideration, even if you feel it's wrong it can't hurt to try. Hope that helps?

For those who don't feel like reading the paragraph...
    A combination of good weed and my aderall prescription hah.

17. Shit Outta Luck

Shit Outta Luck Senior Member

Now that is what I should do. Thank you. Gonna do that as soon as I finish my bacon burger.
    Also fuck adderall, I've been meditating to try and improve my focus.

Any ideas on the R for the 3rd one? Cuz I fucked it up in the second.
    qer.JPG

18. cred1384

cred1384 Senior Member

@Sol Fuck i want a bacon burger. For the R on the third one, Use the same R as in the second but for the right leg try the same bar bend as you got on the bottom right of the Q. Might be worth a try

flick for talk
    ai1051.photobucket.com_albums_s424_cred1384_preview_image_1_86606132x_1.jpg

19. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

cred, i love your C and E, so i suggest doing a bunch of lone R's and D's to progress. props on your progression though, i'm impressed

20. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator