Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tags

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Denz_one, Jul 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Simple dude. You need to understand the basics before you try any sort of complicated letter structures. As you write your letters ask yourself what defines each letter you write. Also, practice the whole alphabet. Not just your name. Practicing just your name will limit you to what letters you develop and then when it comes to writing other words or letters you'll be screwed cuz you won't have the basics down.

2. Abesk

Abesk Senior Member

image.jpg

Is the spacing right or does the SK need to come in more?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  3. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Your K is wonky, dont kill the letter structure just for the sake of making that bar horizontal to match the A. I assume thats where you were going with it

4. Abesk

Abesk Senior Member

Aight I appreciate that. I'll balance it but not lose the letter structure hopefully.

What about the rest of the letters?

5. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

I see where you're going with your A, but personally it looks like an unfinished star or something. I do like the idea, but it needs something....I like your E, but it seems out of place with that pointy bottom part. And like Herb said, the K is a little wonky. But it could have potential if executed correctly. Maybe you could keep it straight still but add a small extension going upwards to bring back the structure a little? Just a thought. Keep practicing man

6. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

The top 3. Your S needs some work but the rest doesn't look all that bad imo

7. Unk

Unk Senior Member

Write your paper bro! :p haha btw I'm digging that third one.

8. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Lol dude S is one of my favorite letters. Lemme ask, did you pick your name and then start writing or did you write the whole alphabet and then pick your name? Cuz in my experience, it's been easier to find a name after you find the letters you enjoy writing

9. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

Every letter looks like an attempt at a different style

10. serkserk

serkserk Member

Slaps around town, all tags.

Attached Files:

11. PushDaTempo

PushDaTempo Member

12. serkserk

serkserk Member

Philly hands are life! I can't stop practicing on everything constantly ha

13. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Ive been working on my super simple tag but i dont think im making progress

Attached Files:

14. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Slow down bud. Look at other examples. You're still trying too hard

15. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

This is just me writing it now so i know i cant get more simple lol

Attached Files:

16. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Straighten up the leg on your L, I wouldn't make the look on your P so big, and don't add the little tail on your T. Kinda looks dumb to me. But don't just take my opinion

17. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

18. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

How about these?

Attached Files:

19. R3TCH3D

R3TCH3D Senior Member

Im still practising my simple tags but i still like this one

Attached Files:

20. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Eh. Man...your E looks whack. So does the T. I see where you're trying to go with it but it's just executed wrong. Alright here's an idea, sometimes when you tag, you can write each letter how you normally would, but sometimes it flows and comes out better if you draw it in reverse. Like maybe if you drew the leg of your L first, then the straight line upwards it'll come out better, same with your other letters. I've seen some tags that guys do where they do there whole name in reverse, like written right to left, and it still reads left to right. Does that make sense? There's no rule to tagging that says you NEED to write each letter the way you were taught. Graffiti is about breaking rules bro, now break them. Try writing each letter in a bunch of different ways, maybe you just make the straight line for the L and then when you're done with your tag you underline it and the underline becomes your horizontal leg of your L, see what I'm saying?

I'm just using the L as an example, but the same rule can apply to any letter, it doesn't have to be written how you would normally write it