Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. MakeItTakeIt

MakeItTakeIt Senior Member

Same deal, this is probably just a personal preference, idk if anyone else is with me on this, but my favorite pieces are very minimalistic. It's the subtleties that make em pop, not 80 colors and 5 patterns. Once again, clean, but I'm not a fan. And what happened to the smurfs legs? lol

2. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

hes crossing them

3. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

i agree with you that simplistic pieces do look good if you do them right but i love o dope 3 color fill with something to it man

4. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

It's not the colors, it's how ugly the piece itself is. Get your letter structure down before you do extensions, those are all hideous.

5. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

idk about that the letters ive seen from you arent much better but its all good thanks for the advise

6. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

7. MakeItTakeIt

MakeItTakeIt Senior Member

You don't have to be a pro to tell if something's ugly or not. Your can control is good, but your concept and design are lacking, he's right. No need to be defensive, we're all learning and advancing. We're all in the toy forum.

8. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

i aint tryin to be defensive but give advise like you did not say shits garbage that really doesnt help me any

9. Phillip McDougall

I told you to get your letter structure down. Learn letter structure.

10. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

11. Phillip McDougall

Each letter is ugly individually. K has too many lumps, R has too many lumps, S needs work, D looks like an O.

12. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

alright man thanks anything that you i can do to get better letter structure?

13. Down!

Down! Member

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4142_4852206400_519d1790f8.png

something's lacking, i don't know what though. maybe it's just everything.

14. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

15. HORSEthefan

HORSEthefan Member

So, now that i know its give crits to get crits...

Krso, i think the hole in the S should be taken out. itd look better in my opinion.

Tak, id try different things intead of the + in the middle, y'know hollow holes or different symbols or something

and a newer sketch, any better?

[Broken External Image]:http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/3628/picture0003o.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  16. bekone1

bekone1 Banned

k doesnt fit ans i think u need to do something with your t idk wht but somethin he ans just make it flow together

17. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

To Bek: The best way to learn letter structure is to start with basics. Draw block letters similar to the letters on your keyboard, but SEPARATE each bar. For example: The letter "A" has three bars (in this case). draw each section separately to make a good clean letter (this is similar to "starting with a circle" when drawing a cartoon character or something). Then start experimenting by bending your bars, changing the width of the bars, how your letter is going to balance, etc. It takes time, but you'll be a much better artist (not graffiti artist; artist) once you start practicing this.

Eros- I'd like for you to read the same crits as bek. You need to learn more about letters and how they're formed before you try to contruct throws. Maybe even work on handstyles for a while. That's really most of what I do. Handstyles and straight letters. I'm not a good graffiti artist by any standards (like Phil said, we all are in the toy forum), but I think I have enough respect with my handstyles to give crits. Making solid handstyle can help you later construct any aspect of graffiti (throws, straight letters, pieces, anything). Not to sound cheesy, but handstyles are the BASE of your artistic style. So, hey, it might not be terrible to work on those for a while.

Task- getting slightly better. I would still shy my eyes away if I saw that on the street. It might help to draw some throws on graph paper to make sure each letter is the same width and height (approximately, at least) And you just have ugly bars all around. No structure. I actually think your bottom throw has more potential. May just be me, though.

TAK- The K is awful. I think you need a block letter K rather than the bubble nonsense you have now. The TA aren't that great either, the bars are not consistent.

KRSD- Same advice as everyone else.

And I already got a few crits on this, but I'll post so the rest of you can share advice since I just wrote all of that shit. ;) Sorry for the blur.

ai357.photobucket.com_albums_oo20_NouveauP_battle039.jpg

18. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  19. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Umm... I think you dropped the K because you can't draw a K, which is fine. I do the same sometimes. Your S has the most potential. The important thing to note is that I do see improvement. Keep going with it.

20. Task977

Task977 Senior Member

Thats why I dropped it
    And I'll keep trying to improve